View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #7
JuvenileNarcissist
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

I just read a quote today that said, "Failure is not the opposite of success. It is part of success." It's highly doubtful that you'll see no change with effort, but you may have failures along the journey. The important thing is to not let them be permanent setbacks. Keep moving forward.

I'm also someone who was pretty confident, and I didn't dislike myself how I was. My decision to lose weight stemmed from developing high blood pressure at 32. And I'm not talking borderline high blood pressure. I'm talking 160/110, blow out the blood vessels in your brain and have a stroke kind of high blood pressure. Scary stuff. I knew I needed to do something about what I could do something about (since I couldn't change my genes). So I decided to lose weight and become more active.

It can be frustrating at times. You'll do everything right, and the scale won't budge. Or your weight will go up. But that's just how it is. There's a dozen reasons why that can happen. But the important thing is to keep at it. Because more often than not, it'll go down again. And especially if you're doing it for your health, even if you don't see as much change in your weight as you'd like, you will be improving you health. And that's always worth it.