Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #76  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I used to eat a pot of hummus and guacamole a day and it stalled me out for months at 170. Dips are the devil.

However, everything and anything is in my house because I am married with kids. My solution has been to separate my food from the rest of the family's. It helps me mentally. So I have my own mini-fridge, my own pantry and my own part of the freezer for my food.

Drives the wife nuts.

Last edited by IanG; 12-28-2013 at 05:50 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #77  
Warrior Princess

Specifically: Keebler soft batch chocolate chip cookies. That's the only thing. If I don't demolish them my son will in one day. My son isn't overweight but I worry about it at times.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #78  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm not good at the moderation/willpower thing... And although I buy these OCCASSIONALLY, they are things I can't have around all the time.

Plain Potato Chips
Gourmet Breads
Nutella
Premade Asian Food
Snyder's Honey Mustard Onion Pretzel Pieces
Cheesy Potatoes

Last edited by Psychic; 12-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #79  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
So I have my own mini-fridge, my own pantry and my own part of the freezer for my food.
I was thinking of getting a mini fridge. Hmmm...
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #80  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Amazon do some great ones. I have one at home and one in my office. Both different brands. Both great.

At home, in my basement, I have a Haier HNSE04 4.0 Cubic Feet Refrigerator/Freezer, White.

In my office under my desk I have an SPT 2.5 cu.ft Compact Refrigerator Stainless Door with Black Sides.

Obsessed with weightloss/healthier lifestyle? Yes, I am. But I had to be...

Don't ask how I managed to get a mini-fridge into my office. It involved getting up very early one Friday morning, and carrying the thing into downtown DC on a dolly on the metro. Tough. But worth it.

Last edited by IanG; 12-28-2013 at 09:20 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 255/210/155

I'm the same. I can't have most snack type foods. Anything sweet is a no no and stays outside my house. Cereal is the worst. I absolutely can't have it around or it disappears in a day or less. I know I need to work on that but for now it's easier to just keep the stuff away!
amerrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #82  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I think that you will be amazed if you read Beating the Food Giants by Paul Stitt.

It is a book written in the early 80s and is even more true now. Mr. Stitt used to work in the food industry and it shows how the food companies actually put addictive ingredients into our food so that you can't eat just one!

I have it by PDF if any one would like to take a read.
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #83  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

I don't buy sweets anymore, but sometimes I get a chocolate from someone, so I have some in the flat. I told my honey to hid them from me, so I don't know where they are!
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #84  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
I think that you will be amazed if you read Beating the Food Giants by Paul Stitt.

It is a book written in the early 80s and is even more true now. Mr. Stitt used to work in the food industry and it shows how the food companies actually put addictive ingredients into our food so that you can't eat just one!

I have it by PDF if any one would like to take a read.
Kat i would like to read it. I'm wondering if they still use the same stuff or things have changed at all.

If it is why i can't stop eating sugar foods, then it would make sense. However i still thing sugar and salt are major culprits. Anything that intensifies the flavours will do it. That's partly why i don't have such a problem with even fruit, let alone all the other natural unprocessed foods. They are just not so sweet, salty etc.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #85  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

When i'm trying got lose weight, Things i deliberately don't buy that are a problem for me if they are in the house are peanut butter, ice-cream, lollies, biscuits, cake, cream although i am using up the bottle of sour cream i had bought before my diet began. Luckily its full of preservatives.

If i'm in binge mode, nothing will stop me making a special trip to the shop for them. I think i'm like a heroin addict, though i have never yet mugged anyone.

I have never bought a jar of nutella for the sole reason that i have always known, i would go mad on it.

Cereals can be a problem for me when in binge mode, even the not very sweetened ones like cornflakes and weetbix. It then becomes the milk that i like so much. But i don't ban them when I am in a good eating phase like now.

Nuts can sometimes become a problem but when i am able to eat them just sprinkled on a salad, like now, they are allowed.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote