View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
Rana

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Who is here this month?

I am!

Obviously.

Actually, probably not as obvious. I am not sure if I can post daily, but I will definitely try to visit 3FC and catch up as often as I can. I am traveling a lot for work and this keeps me super busy.

What have you been up to?

Well, all of 2013 was a disaster food wise because I was simply not cooking and too busy (travel, finishing up school, so on) and I had gained about 15 lbs back from my lowest weight (165 lbs -- my average).

I found myself in December saying that I needed to fix this; but it was hard. I was completely unmotivated.

I started January "pretending" to be motivated, but since my BF was now really into getting healthy and losing a good chunk of his weight, I was getting back on the saddle, if only reluctantly...

But "pretending" for my BF's sake that I was motivated has actually helped me be motivated myself and in January alone I have lost more or less 6 pounds!

How is your PCOS management going?

PCOS is good. I had lab tests in January that showed that I had my A1C at a very good number -- I was managing my blood sugar levels despite the weight gain -- and my other labs showed pretty good.

I manage my PCOS through diet and exercise only -- I take supplements too, but no medications. I'm still taking my supplements and they seem to be working for me.

I am also getting my period regularly.

I do know, especially now that I am limited calories and food again, that my IR is still there -- when I eat too much "sugar" I do get hungrier, which is a classic sign of IR.

What are you working on this month?

BF and I are doing a program that is medically supervised and basically follows the Paleo plan. This is working for us because BF doesn't believe me when it comes to nutrition, exercise, or diets, because, of course, I am his girlfriend. If I had a medical degree, that might be a different story....

Anyway, we're willing to go through the rigamarole of the labs, the food plans, and the sessions because he really wants to lose weight for his health -- not sure what happened last year that made him rethink this, but I am happy he did! -- and I was doing it for him to support him... But I was unhappy that I was growing out of my clothes and I was desperately fighting not to buy new ones.

I am happy that he was motivated. It really helped me get back on track.

For February, my goal is to continue on this plan. This type of eating works for me. I am still skeptical about the program (some of the suggestions make me go "hm." ), but I am also willing to try it out as long as I am getting results and to support BF.