Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #1  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Question Boot Camp Class?

So my gym is now offering a free bootcamp class for free on Monday's and Wednesday's. Has anyone ever taken one of these? I'm a little nervous because I am really NOT in shape. What do these entail and should I wait until I am in better shape?
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

You know I think all exercise is beneficial. If nothing else it will give you an idea of where you are.

Last January I was taking a body pump class, but could not lie down on the step to do some of the moves because I was too big and too out of shape. After I stayed in that class for a while, I quit and then went to the treadmill and elliptical for a few months along with my diet.

In August I started a kettlebell class and felt very out of shape for that. Now I am getting up and down on the floor all the time. in the Kettlebell classes. Do I do it as good as most everyone else in the class? Probably not, but I do way way better than I did last January - so I say start with something and give it a good shot, and then if you don't like it - move to something else.

In a year you will be way more mobile and able to do everything if that is even a problem for you.
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #3  
I can, I will, I do

Buddha Belly - Thank you! I'm definitely going to be trying it tonight I've really been wanting to take classes and my gym doesn't offer much but I am pretty excited about the free factor.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #4  
I can, I will, I do

Update: I tried it... Let's just say my entire body is sore today.

Totally worth it, would be so much more enjoyable if I were in much better shape... then again... that's kind of the purpose of the class. lol
Old 01-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Keep going! Glad you had fun
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Keep it up, especially if you enjoyed it!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #7  
I can, I will, I do

Thanks!! I am debating whether I want to go tomorrow or just go on Wednesdays. It had me in pain for like.. 3 days. lol
Old 04-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW242/CW207/GW150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avezy44 View Post
Thanks!! I am debating whether I want to go tomorrow or just go on Wednesdays. It had me in pain for like.. 3 days. lol

Congrats! I am experiencing a similar dilemma as you. My gym offers a good amount of classes and I saw the step aerobics class today and was thinking it would be fun to try but I feel nervous to go! I know its not true but I feel like everyone in there is advanced and used to it (even though there are overweight people in the class too) I just would feel so embarrassed to go and have to take breaks while everyone keeps going
tinamariefitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #9  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Quote:
Update: I tried it... Let's just say my entire body is sore today.

Totally worth it, would be so much more enjoyable if I were in much better shape... then again... that's kind of the purpose of the class. lol
Hahahahaha- no kidding! I would love exercise more if I was in better shape and it didn't make me so sore You made me laugh! I have thought the SAME thing!
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

When I went to bootcamp, i was the largest person participating. My trainers offered alternate moves. Additionally, only push it as far as YOU can go. You don't have to keep up with the class move for move. I attended bootcamp with the same group of 'guys' for about 8 months before I slipped and fell at the office. I miss the comradery from the entire experience. I do better with someone telling me what to do for an hour than feeling lost at the gym! have fun!

Last edited by seaurchin; 04-16-2014 at 10:42 PM.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #11  

Quote:
So my gym is now offering a free bootcamp class for free on Monday's and Wednesday's. Has anyone ever taken one of these? I'm a little nervous because I am really NOT in shape. What do these entail and should I wait until I am in better shape?
Ive never done one, but it sounds interesting and might be fun, don't let fear stop you from trying it. You can always slow it down in any class you take no one is going to think bad of you or reprimand you over it, that's for certain.

Last edited by Kscott; 04-18-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote