Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Daily Chat - Monday, January 12th

Good Morning,

Just starting this bad boy up and back to work. I'll be checking in later, no boss

Leenie
Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #2  
Head Princess

Good morning! I'm back at work after an entire week of being snowbound or sick! Big news from the weekend: I bought a pair of size 5's!!!!! I know that it a large-running pair of jeans, but I don't care. It's just so fun to see that number - I keep pulling out the tag and looking at it. It's occured to me that I'm getting close to my goal and I'm all excited.

Ohhhhhhhhhh and the new board format is back! I'm so happy! Hope everyone is doing well.

Spedmom - glad you had some good alone time with the dh

Froufy - are you feeling better?
Old 01-12-2004, 10:06 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Star !!!! SIZE 5 you go girl, shoot, you just gave me goose bumps
Old 01-12-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Hi, Leens! No boss, huh? What kind of trouble are you going to stir up?

Star: Glad you are back and feeling better! Congrats on the size 5!!

I feel fat. I just feel like I've gained a ton of weight lately. I don't know why I would of, but I feel gigantic. I usually have a small, flat stomach (one of the only small, flat areas of my body ), and it is just gigantic! Yikes! Just realized that made it sound like I was pregnant... Anyway, I don't weigh myself usually, but when I stepped on the scales here, it seems to be up quite a bit. Any suggestions as to why this would happen? Or what I can do to get rid of it?

Nothing too exciting happened this weekend. We just watched a lot of football. Then, last night, after the football, we watched "8 Mile." I'd been wanting to see that for awhile, and it's really pretty good. Lots and lots of f-bombs, though!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #5  
Head Princess

Poor Jina! Some days we girls are just bloaty. I do that too and I hate it! Stay super hydrated today (look who I'm talking to! ) you're body's just being mean

I've been wanting to see 8 Mile, too. I'll have to go rent it one of these days. I went and saw "Big Fish" over the weekend. It was AMAZING! I highly recommend it to everyone. It's PG-13 so no F-bombs either
Old 01-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

GOOD Morning!!!

I am Back! (I think! )

Cassie is feeling MUCH better these days and is actually sleeping IN! WOW! That never happens! Have to take Tyler to School in a bit.. but at least I dont have to drive out 3 times today! She doesnt go back until Wed or Thurs.

STAR - WOO HOO on those 5's! How terrific! I know what you mean about looking at the label.. I am still doing that with my mediums and size 10 jeans!

JINA - Have you been eating a lot of salt? I know that does it to me every time! Or how about the Sugar Alcohols? It has to be water! You couldnt gain a significat amount any other way! Hang in there!

LEENS - No Boss! Arent those the best days?!?!

As for me.. I need to go Weigh in.. but I have TOM and he is not being very nice to me this month. I am heading back to the gym which ever day Cassie gets to go back to school.. but in the mean time I am back on the treadmill this afternoon! I am so glad DH gets to go back to work today!!! FINALLY! I love to have him home.. dont get me wrong.. and it helped having him home last week with a miserable child.. but I WANT MY HOUSE and ROUTINE BACK! Did I say that out loud???

I promise to check in later! I have a million errands to do this morning.. and I want to get them done before 10 AM

Low Carb Hugs!!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:26 AM   #7  

Default Good morning

I logged in this morning and it said this site was going to be closed for the day.....I just came in to check real quick and was thrilled to see us up and chatting again!

StarPrincess: Congrats! That is amazing. I don't think my body will ever see a size 5. I will be happy with a 10. I'm easy to please

When I went grocery shopping yesterday I found that they now have a much bigger section of low carb goodies. I finally found the "Just the Cheese" snacks. I was so excited. I am snacking on them now. They are just OK. I don't think I will have a problem keeping to just one serving or so. They also had the low carb pizza dough. I didn't get it because it is 3 carbs per slice and I know I would never be able to stop at one slice so I didn't bother. I have been very happy making my pizza with the LaTortilla Factory tortilla's and those are only 3 for the whole thing. Add a tablespoon or so of low carb sauce and the cheese and it doesn't add up to much and you get to eat the whole thing. They also had these flavorings for water etc....kind of like Crystal Light I think. They were sugar free and only 1 carb but when I read the label I think I saw one of those mysterious other names for sugar listed so I put that down also. I decided after this experience that I am happy eating what I am and that I don't need to get all these low carb things just because I can. Maybe when I am at goal I will start using some of these to keep it off.

jdoggmartin: Are you just bloated? I know I am this week and not fitting into those "thin" jeans I was in last week. Drink lots of water that may help. Sounds strange I know.

Leens: Have fun with no boss around today....I'm lucky my boss is in another state so I never have to deal with her face to face. She still drives me crazy by email though
Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #8  
reaching my goals

Wow SP! A size 5 is amazing!

I'm not doing so well. I've managed to put a few pounds back on. I'm not happy with myself but I'm back on the wagon today. I'm not straying for anything. I allowed one of my friends just starting on Atkins talk me into cheating a little starting Christmas right up until my birthday. The excuse was that "we" might as well not be too strict until after my birthday. As we all know, a little cheating is all it takes for me to put weight back on. The frustrating thing is that she's still losing and not being nearly as good as I am. Oh well. It will come off sooner or later. Her birthday is Wednesday so their will be no excuses for either of us to stray after that.

Star - I need an extra dose of your willpower and motivation.

I've got to find time each day to get on here because it was much easier to be strong when I was reading how well all of you were doing.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning Chicks!!

Star: Congrats on the size 5's whatta dream!!!

Leens: Hello!!! and happy non-boss day!!

Oh Jina....I felt like that last week it was TOM, drink lotsa water, then all the sudden you know it is going away cause you are peeing ALL the time!!! You will feel better girl! Stay away from salt too. Are you sleeping any better??

Karen, Glad you are back and your baby is feeling better!!! I know what you mean, I love hubby to BUT when he was snowbound in the house with me all week last week......urgh. I wanted my routine back too!!!

Jane, I noticed ALOT more LC items at my store too, and they all have a little red sign next to them that says Low Carb. They even had milk.

Super, just jump back in and I bet by next week this time you will be feeling GREAT!!!!

Well, we had the boys birthday party yesterday and it was GREAT!! and not to mention about 100$ cheaper than Chuck E cheese last year and not so crazy!! I did great I ate pizza tops, some buffalo wings and salad. I got the kids a cake they love but I am not so fond of on purpose, and everyone ate it and I DIDN'T!!!!! That is a huge win for me, cause I am a social eater, and I always feel really outta place if I am not eating like the other people!! I was soooo proud of myself. I came home and had some Carb solutions ice cream made with splenda......to clelebrate my VICTORY!! yippppeeeee!

Going to the gym today to log in some miles!!
Hope everyone else is doing great and Foufy is feeling better!!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:02 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Oh I forgot to say about 8 mile... I watched it and was disappointed. I watched that guy talk up how he wrote this movie and it was all about his life, etc, etc.

Well when i watched it all the sudden it came to me......it is a remake of Purple Rain!!!! just with a couple opposites and updating!! Urgh I hate that!!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:15 PM   #11  
thin within

howdy ladies. i'm doing a quick scan to read up on everyone. i'm tired tonight, as i have really been working hard on exercising and spring cleaning these last few days. i've not been sleeping well either. so, i think i'll call it an early night tonight. sorry to respond to anyone in particular tonight. good night all.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #12  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Did you miss me??

Morning ladies!!

I'm back. No, we don't have a place to live yet, but I can't wait any longer for that. I feel horrible, bloaty, fat and uncomfortable.

So, I'm starting again, this morning. Having my low-carb coffee, eggs/sausage for breakfast, and am planning a salad for lunch.

Star - congrats!! I need some of your determination myself.

Dh is dealing with another Kidney stone, but I think I've convinced him to at least do "part" of Atkins with me... he's willing to give up bread.

Had a hankerin' for a grilled cheese sandwich over the weekend - any thoughts about how to do THAT on Atkins? I know I didn't want a plate of melted cheese. LOL!!!

Had my mom's bridal shower over the weekend... embarassed her to DEATH with all the naughty stuff I got her at Lover's Package. I wrapped up to gift bags, one marked "Naughty" the other "Nice." Of course, it was all naughty and she just about died of embarassment. After the edible potions, glow-in-the-dark lotions and body butter, she got to the bottom of the naughty bag where the black lace crotchless panties were waiting - after a few minutes of trying to figure out what they were, someone whispered in her ear and she just was at a loss... it was totally hilarious!!! Revenge was very sweet... but her new dh will have a LOT of fun.

Anyhow, I'm going to be back on track low-carb wise. Made the commitment again and signed a "pact" with a co-worker. We are going to walk at lunch together, and have determined not to poison our bodies with junk. Her junk is fat, mine is carbs. I know I will feel so much better very soon - like I did before.

My personal goal for the equator miles this *year* is 300 miles. I know some of you will go far beyond that, but this is my personal goal. Next year will maybe be different... but this year 300 is my goal. I don't have a real mile yet - have been spending far too much of my "Spare" time looking for a new place to live... but I am reaching closer to the top of my own priority list.

Hope you all have a nice week!!!

The sun is out! Woo-Hoo!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:03 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

There's a new way to put pictures here, they come up as thumb nails, I am going to test a real picture here, the one of me and elvis, wanna see if it comes up or if I have to make it teeeeny again.

If this was a real emergency you would have been instructed on where to go........... Testing 123....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !!!

Double click on the picture....

DARN ! Still gotta make it tiny............... oh forget it !!

Okay it took my old wedding picture ....... GO FIGURE ? well this is me 14 years ago.... Time is evil, evil I tell you !!!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:17 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Manic Monday

Hi all,

So tons of snow here (had to dig out the car this morning)...but glad to say it has finally warmed up and it's almost pleasant out there!

I was feeling better yesterday pm - decided to eat (big mistake)...and immediately had a "relapse" and had several subsequent visits to washroom and another couple of doses of imodium to keep things in check! Not sure what is wrong with me??? Will wait one more day and maybe call dr if I'm not better.

I'm at work today - but my tummy is making the LOUDEST, RUDEST NOISES imaginable....and I was in a workshop this morning - how embarrassing is that? Lots of gas in there???

Brought some atkins muffins with me to avoid the high carb continental breakfast...and out for lunch for errands and got to Subway where I tried the NEW LOW CARB TURKEY BACON WRAP - pretty good actually - I am finding it hard to eat tho with the tummy issue - but I am hungry! (also trying to keep hydrated). I asked how popular the new wraps were and the girl told me EXTREMELY which I was very happy to hear!

Now I wait and see if my tummy is happy with my lunch selection???

Congrats to our incredibly shrinking Star - size 5!!! I think I was that size when I was born? and the smallest I can ever hope for is maybe a 10? if I'm lucky - How about getting some jeans with the size on the outside? Something we would have never done before? (I think Levi's are like that?)

Theo's girl - a special mention to you - what an awesome job you did of avoiding any "badness"....good for you! You should be very proud of yourself!

Karen- Welcome back! Glad to hear dd is doing well and your house and routine will soon be all your own!

SBM - I agree that "bloat" is probably just water weight - hang in there and DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! The shower gifts sounded like "fun"....hope the happy couple enjoys them! Good for you regarding your exercise commitment - I should definitely follow in your footsteps as I have been slacking off this week!

My last week here at this job - and I need to get my act together and get everything finalized and "put to bed" so I can leave in good conscience. Lunch out planned on Thursday!

Weigh in this am - revealed further loss of 1.8 lbs - most probably due to my tummy bug....not a good way to lose weight!

Froufy
Old 01-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Just playing again ...........

Okay you have to make them teeny........... so they become distorted... oh well, it was worth a try.
Closed Thread