Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #1  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Dreams About Eating

Does anyone else have dreams about eating food that is not on their diet program?

I figured it was a sign that my restricted-calorie diet was getting to me when I found myself staring lustfully at a container of Yoplait Light yogurt (Boston Creme, my favorite) yesterday. Since I'm staying in ketosis, I can't have yogurt that contains any form of sugar. Then, last night, I dreamed a friend bought a bakery and I was attending the grand opening and eating free cookies when I realized with sudden horror that I'd broken ketosis and nothing about my grazing behavior had changed.

Of course, there is no bakery. There were no cookies, but my fear of breaking ketosis and falling back into old habits was screaming out loud and clear. Hopefully, dreams like this will help me resolve this issue. Maybe in my next dream about food, I'll be able to resist whatever simple carb my psyche tempts me with.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

I think your subconscious might be telling you that your body is craving sugar, and eventually the dreams will stop. If I am hungry I will dream of eating. Also, I quit smoking years ago when I was 27 and buying a house. I did not want the smell of smoke in my new home. When I first quit I had many dreams where I was smoking, and that continued, though lessened, for years afterward.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #3  

I always have eating dreams when starting a diet. Once I dreamed that I was sitting on a bench at the park and burger king chicken sandwiches began raining down from the sky.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

Oh, I dream about food all the time, especially when I'm just starting a diet. I usually don't let myself eat out (a lot of my favorite restaurants aren't very diet-friendly, and I'd rather not waste the money) so I have a lot of dreams that are just me and some friends eating out at a restaurant haha.

I actually don't mind them, because for some reason I crave the foods less if I "eat" them in a dream? I don't know... I'm strange!
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:09 PM   #5  

Maybe you can utilize this as a way to have "cheat day dreams" so its like having a cheat day without the regret the day after cause the "dream cals" don't count!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #6  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

^ I've thought that too. I woke up once after dreaming about eating a bunch of s'mores and just went "oh THANK GOD that was a dream." I was feeling super guilty.

Yay for dream cals!
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #7  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

I like the idea of dream cals. Guess I'll have to start looking at it in that light. The first food dream I had was that I'd eaten a whole box of cereal. It was so real, the next morning I checked the cupboard just to confirm it really had been just a dream and I hadn't been sleep eating or something dreadful like that! You know the old joke--dreaming about eating a giant marshmallow and waking up to discover your pillow is missing.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

I'm doing Atkins again and once I've been in Phase 1 for a week, I'll start dreaming about falling off the wagon. Every time, I dream that I'm eating a hot baked potato. As soon as I start eating it, I feel horribly guilty, and then I wake up. I'm always relieved that I didn't actually eat the potato. Once I have the potato dream, I know I'm committed to the diet. LOL!
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDazed View Post
^ I've thought that too. I woke up once after dreaming about eating a bunch of s'mores and just went "oh THANK GOD that was a dream." I was feeling super guilty.

Yay for dream cals!
I used to have exactly the same sort of dream after i'd given up smoking. I had it several times and nowhere near particularly close together. I'd have this dream years after having given up and in my dream id be thinking oh ****, all that effort down the tube and i'm back to square one again. Then i'd wake up and realise everything was fine.

I do not think it means that being non-smoker was "getting to me". And i think the dreams are exactly analogous.

Instead i think it just means that you have some anxiety about breaking your diet. Even if its very deep.

I think it can be also because your diet is on your mind so much.

I also used to have the same type of dream the night before an exam i had been studying hard for when i was at school. I used to dream that the exam was over and i had missed it or done badly in it or something of that kind. IN fact, I always did well because i was anxious to do well.

So with that, i do not think it means you need to worry are more or change your diet in anyway. Just keep on doing what you are doing if its working.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #10  
fluffy

S/C/G: 204/201/174

Height: 5'6''

When I'm dieting, I often dream about eating unhealthy food and I wake up scared that I ruined my diet!
Velvet bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #11  
work hard and play hard!

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'1

I have a bad habit when im hungry to google desset (awful awful i know) but i haven't ever really had dreams. for me sugar cravings are the worst =(
sparklesgirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #12  
Freshman 15 Gainer

S/C/G: 175 pounds

Height: 172cm

I started my diet 10 weeks ago, and lost 26 pounds, and every pound I lose, I miss my food more.
freshman15victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #13  
Freshman 15 Gainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet bean View Post
When I'm dieting, I often dream about eating unhealthy food and I wake up scared that I ruined my diet!
Lol, it happens to me too.

Last edited by freshman15victim; 02-06-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #14  
Freshman 15 Gainer

I'm always naughty at night whilst on a diet, I always try to sneak a packet of tim tams before bed. mmmm
Old 02-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #15  
Began on 10/25/13

This is so interesting! Most nights I have several dreams, and it wasn't until I read this thread that I realized that none of my dreams are about food. Seriously, the only dream I can think of that involved food was about 10 years ago when I had the stomach flu and had to stay home from work. At the time I worked at a sandwich shop. I slept much of that day and the entire darned day dreamed that I'd had to go into work and was making sandwiches for people even though I was sick. Very unpleasant! In any case, I'm glad that the dream eaters wake up to realize they haven't gone off their plan at all

Sparklesgirl, I love to cook and bake. Part of my eating plan is severely reducing the amount of sugar and grains/starches I eat. Of course, most desserts have sugar AND flour, so I get them very rarely. However, I still enjoy looking up recipes for treats (both sweet ones and savory) and save links. So far, just looking has never caused me to actually "break" and eat something I shouldn't, so I figure it's harmless! My birthday is later this month and I've already planned out what cake I'm going to make, as well as a main course recipe and pound cake recipe I want to make for Easter.
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote