Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #2  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!! I stepped on the scale this morning and I am 10 lbs lighter than I was two weeks ago. My jeans that were getting too tight (almost to the point where I had to unbutton them to sit down) are now comfortable again! I donated all my larger sized clothes after the first round, and I was NOT willing to buy new clothes. This is my second time on IP and it has been really difficult to get back into it, but the results are so motivating.

Last edited by 0ojoyo0; 01-27-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

YaY OoJoy! We are the same height and close to the same goal weight. I am wearing 6's, so look forward to that!!

It is cold as it is everywhere, but I have a doctor appointment at 7 am, so off I go. Still fighting a cold, which is making me hungry, so I added a little bit of protein. I feel my body is telling me it needs something.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #4  
Started IP May 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
YaY OoJoy! We are the same height and close to the same goal weight. I am wearing 6's, so look forward to that!!

It is cold as it is everywhere, but I have a doctor appointment at 7 am, so off I go. Still fighting a cold, which is making me hungry, so I added a little bit of protein. I feel my body is telling me it needs something.
Thanks! I can't wait to be in 6's; I would love to retire these 12's and 14's like I did my 22's. Hope you feel better!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Another snowy windy day here. And of course the snowplow went by and dumped the end of our driveway with snow AFTER my husband left for work.

Having a quick shake then out to shovel so I can get my sister to a 9am appointment, then work for me.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-27-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

We had plans to go to the grocery store last night, but it just got too late. I am bummed, because that will make it a tough night tomorrow to finish prepping everything before surgery.

JLUS, 65X65, and Schenectady, thanks for the response. I have posted in this thread months ago and didn't get responses to that either. This thread functions a bit differently than other 3fc areas. Thanks for the clarification and the encouragement to chat with my surgeon. I have a phone call with the office tomorrow, so that will be a good opportunity.

0ojoyo0, you give me great hope that coming back to the plan WILL work. I have had quite a defeatist attitude about weight loss since gaining back some of what I lost. And, I have been using a lot of "last treat" excuses to eat poorly. Thanks for the reminder!

mars735 and lisa32989 I totally agree about surgeons (and physicians in general) being completely uneducated on nutrition. I don't understand why every physicians group doesn't have a staff nutritionist, as it truly makes a powerful impact on patients. That is good to know about other formal plans actually having a guideline for post-surgical calories. Thanks for the information.

Ruth_Ann, great idea about the additional protein for healing. That is a great idea to bring food with you to the surgery for afterward. Thanks for the great ideas and encouragement.

Finale, thanks for the encouragement! Good luck in your competition!

lighthouse101, being out on a bike in the weather I'm experiencing sounds like pure torture! I hope you had fun.

JenDilly, I find a lot of irony that in a post pageant buffet there aren't tons of healthy choices. Someday, I hope hospitality and tourism management does a better job of providing for healthy options too.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

I'm jumping in...I'm pretty new I know...but gotta start somewhere. I'll try and stay consistent...

I'm just starting week three today! I love this diet...there has never been an easier one that I've ever tried. I weight 8 pounds lost at 10 days. Wednesdays are my weigh in days...I was first WEIGHED on a Friday, given my first week's worth of food and vitamins, but intended to START on the Monday. So I started on the Monday, but came back to the centre on the Wednesday (3 days in) to watch the IP rep do a seminar...and I was weighed again. LOL. So 3 days in I had lost 4 pounds and then last Wednesday I had lost 8. It makes it hard to easily summarize what I've lost in weeks.

Anyhow, today I plan on Omelette, Chicken Soup with veggies in, and PB Crunch bar for snack. I love sauteed spinach with garlic and a tsp of EVOO, so that will be in my day somewhere.

I am trying NOT to put on my jeans until about a month from now. I want to be totally surprised and in love with myself when my family and I go away to a waterpark resort end of February. I'm thinking of bringing my jeans into work and keeping them there until then...cuz I know I'll be tempted.

Anyhow, HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #8  
Started IP May 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning!

Another snowy windy day here. And of course the snowplow went by and dumped the end of our driveway with snow AFTER my husband left for work.

Having a quick shake then out to shovel so I can get my sister to a 9am appointment, then work for me.

Have a good day everyone!
I HATE it when that happens! I'm like, really!? I have to shovel this s#!& again!? Lol, I live alone so all that falls back on to me :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
We had plans to go to the grocery store last night, but it just got too late. I am bummed, because that will make it a tough night tomorrow to finish prepping everything before surgery.

JLUS, 65X65, and Schenectady, thanks for the response. I have posted in this thread months ago and didn't get responses to that either. This thread functions a bit differently than other 3fc areas. Thanks for the clarification and the encouragement to chat with my surgeon. I have a phone call with the office tomorrow, so that will be a good opportunity.

0ojoyo0, you give me great hope that coming back to the plan WILL work. I have had quite a defeatist attitude about weight loss since gaining back some of what I lost. And, I have been using a lot of "last treat" excuses to eat poorly. Thanks for the reminder!

mars735 and lisa32989 I totally agree about surgeons (and physicians in general) being completely uneducated on nutrition. I don't understand why every physicians group doesn't have a staff nutritionist, as it truly makes a powerful impact on patients. That is good to know about other formal plans actually having a guideline for post-surgical calories. Thanks for the information.

Ruth_Ann, great idea about the additional protein for healing. That is a great idea to bring food with you to the surgery for afterward. Thanks for the great ideas and encouragement.

Finale, thanks for the encouragement! Good luck in your competition!

lighthouse101, being out on a bike in the weather I'm experiencing sounds like pure torture! I hope you had fun.

JenDilly, I find a lot of irony that in a post pageant buffet there aren't tons of healthy choices. Someday, I hope hospitality and tourism management does a better job of providing for healthy options too.
I'm so happy that I can motivate someone else with my success, because everyone here motivates me with their stories! I honestly do not think I could do it without this site. I'm the same way. I didn't reach my goal the first time around due to things that were somewhat out of my control, and then on top of that, I gained 20 lbs of the weight I had lost back, so it was really difficult to get back onboard, knowing how much I still have to lose. But I look at what I've lost so far, and I know I can do it. I just have to keep things in perspective. Good luck in your surgery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I'm jumping in...I'm pretty new I know...but gotta start somewhere. I'll try and stay consistent...

I'm just starting week three today! I love this diet...there has never been an easier one that I've ever tried. I weight 8 pounds lost at 10 days. Wednesdays are my weigh in days...I was first WEIGHED on a Friday, given my first week's worth of food and vitamins, but intended to START on the Monday. So I started on the Monday, but came back to the centre on the Wednesday (3 days in) to watch the IP rep do a seminar...and I was weighed again. LOL. So 3 days in I had lost 4 pounds and then last Wednesday I had lost 8. It makes it hard to easily summarize what I've lost in weeks.

Anyhow, today I plan on Omelette, Chicken Soup with veggies in, and PB Crunch bar for snack. I love sauteed spinach with garlic and a tsp of EVOO, so that will be in my day somewhere.

I am trying NOT to put on my jeans until about a month from now. I want to be totally surprised and in love with myself when my family and I go away to a waterpark resort end of February. I'm thinking of bringing my jeans into work and keeping them there until then...cuz I know I'll be tempted.

Anyhow, HAPPY MONDAY!
Congrats on your loss so far!

Last edited by 0ojoyo0; 01-27-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Good luck on your surgery! If you're like me, it's good to keep busy beforehand instead of thinking about it.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #10  
maintaining since 9/2013

[QUOTE=FutureFitChick;4929373]We had plans to go to the grocery store last night, but it just got too late. I am bummed, because that will make it a tough night tomorrow to finish prepping everything before surgery.

I hope part of your prepping includes thinking about what books/TV shows you can enjoy while recuperating. Speedy recovery to you!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Hooray Monday with two celebrations coursing through me joyously:

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!

Last edited by schenectady; 01-27-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and my 24th wedding anniversary. Fir my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

Being that I am not a saver, and neither is he, he was incredibly touched that I had saved that all those years, through three kids, moves, house cleanings, whatever.

Moral to the story: NEVER GIVE UP, it is NEVER too late, you can NEVER try too many times, the war is NEVER over!

Congratulations! Amazing and touching story to share!!

You rock girlfriend!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #13  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Made half my goal today, lost 55 with 55 to go but I actually started my quest 81 pounds ago at my highest, and second, today is my 24th wedding anniversary. For my husband's present, I put on a beautiful workout suit he gave me 23 years ago, the first year we were married and I was never able to fit into it. I saved it all those years, determined that somehow, someday, I would wear it again.

WTG schenectady! That is absolutely awesome!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #14  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! So I am now slowly and cautiously making the move to alternatives - the IP packets are just too expensive. I've been OP close to five months and still have 2-3 months to go on P1. I've scoured the alternative threads for information and have been studying nutrition labels, I'm ready to take the plunge - but have one question for you experts out there. How do you calculate the "30% or less calories from fat" ? Here's a label from a carton of Muscle Milk Lite for example.

Calories 100
Fat 2.6 g
Saturated 0.5g
+Trans 0g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 270 mg
Potassium 520 mg
Carbohydrate 5 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 15 g

Based on this - how would you make that calculation?

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 01-27-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #15  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Default Happy with my scales this morning.

On my home scale, I am down 18 pounds ( from Dec 17).
I'll weigh in with my coach this afternoon. Crossing fingers, feels like I am down about 3 pounds this week.

Am I the only one that wears the exact same clothes to each weigh-in??
Closed Thread