South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Musings SBD Chat for 1/27

I'm having a hard time getting moving this morning. The weekend was so relaxing that I want to do it over again. I'll be alright once I get to work and get busy, though. There's nothing on the calendar for the day and I should be home at a reasonable hour. I already packed my lunch of split pea soup, an apple, and a yogurt, so I'm good to go!

OK, one more cup of coffee, then it's time to get this day rolling!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It is a hard morning to get going, isn't it Cottage? Might have something to do with Emma Jean (the dog) eating probably 3-4 lbs of dog food and getting me up to poop in the middle of the night. Better than on the floor, right?

Chicks, I tried a new Sabra hummus last night....oh....my....goodness. It's almost that you shouldn't buy it, because it is so amazingly yummy...the basil pesto hummus. Must try!

Today is a short day of work, then I need to do all the shopping I didn't do b/c of DH's bday. He chose to go to the National Civil War Museum, which was a surprisingly really nice museum. Almost no one there!

Must get kids moving ....
Old 01-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! I've never had a Sabra hummus that I didn't like, but my favorite is their roasted red pepper. Glad DH enjoyed his trip to the CW Museum.

Seems like everyone is running slow this morning.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Yup - running slow and we are running snow too. We have FOG and snow! I've never seen that before but it sure beats freezing rain. At least we don't need to shovel fog. The barn looks like a ghost Richard ploughed twice yesterday and will be back again shortly once he gets the commercial spots done - all three of them.

Been getting bad headaches mid-morning and think it may be my eyes crabbing about all the online stuff. I'm going to have to monitor myself until I get to the eye doc.

One more week of January. Sure hope the groundhog isn't frozen in his burrow for Feb. 2! (If he doesn't show, do we still get spring?)

Time for another coffee and then plan the rest of my day my day.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Our first pot is already gone and my first quart of tea is ready. I am glad this is just a 3 day week for me. I am ready for another vacation already. Actually, I'm ready for warmer weather but the vacation is easier to arrange

Not much here, same old Monday data, desk work, etc then a visit to the doctor. that should be fun. I am very well aware of the change in my weight in the past year and am not looking forward to that conversation. I'm heading back in the right direction but it is painfully slow now these days, seven years can make quite a difference.

Time to get to work, I suppose. I also need to find a good meatless Monday recipe. I don't have a dinner plan yet.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, got meetings back to back.

Very cold here again brrrr but no snow. Tonight is Awana. Slow moving for me today as well.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I am at a snail' space today and DS is still asleep (no school regents week) He only has one test on Tuesday. Must be nice being a senior lol.

Tammy DS had a military themed birthday! I saw Lone Survivor. I cringed a lot as it was very graphic. I guess it was more realistic than we are used to seeing. DS saw it last night with his GF. He was impressed. I woke up in the middle of the night, but for me not the pups lol.

Linda I am with you Sabras Red Roasted Pepper is my favorite. I tried Another brand Margherita (or something like that) it was lousy in comparison.

Ruth I am in the same boat with you. I think my headaches are computer related or caffeine withdrawal in the afternoon. They seem to happen when I am at work, so it could be a combination of the two. I need to schedule my annual eye exam soon.

Cyndi do you and Tim have plans to go some place warm for vacation?

Pearlrose hope you warm up soon. We are getting a one day break before plummeting back into the teens.

Slow moving day planned. Meeting Joe after work for dinner and maybe a movie. I would like to see August Osage a County. He is a good sport and will not complain going to a chick flick. Not certain if I will ride today. I haven't been on the bike much this week. Tom has made me extra tired lately. My food choices are awesome so I can be a little kind to myself if I miss a few rides.

Enjoying a cup of Paul, smoothie and the pups. Life is good here hope yours is too.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Back from sudburia. It was -30f yesterday morning when we left and by the time we got home there was a 25f difference. You wouldnt believe the amount of snow dd has, there's a pile almost as high as her house in front. Anyways there dgs are wonderful and we had a great time spoiling them
Today its back on plan and laundry. I'm going over to the op thread to keep Lindsay company
Take care
Sophie
Old 01-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Good morning everyone!

Tammy, the Civil War museum sounds like tons of fun! Museums in general are so awesome, I love learning about things all the time.

I'm not doing so well today. I woke up really tired so I decided to try my hand at a cup of coffee. Normally, I'd be totally fine after a small mug (I don't drink it often), but today I tried some Splenda. I only put in one packet and very soon got a massive headache and empty calorie cravings. Mind you, I already ate breakfast and also drank 12 oz of water. I knew I wasn't hungry so I haven't eaten anything, and I targeted it immediately to Splenda being as that's my only change. Needless to say I won't be ingesting that anymore.

Today's plan is to check out the gyms on post. I haven't been to any of them yet and running on pavement is so bad for your legs, so I'm off to seek out a good treadmill and elliptical. I'm also once again considering getting certified as a holistic nutritional professional. I'll need to do research again, so that's on the docket as well.

I hope you all have a healthy day!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #10  

Morning Chicks

I'm feeling lazy too. I have E-bay biz to tend to and assorted paperwork today. It's very noisy in the complex today. They are cutting down the tree directly behind us & my roommates dog has taken it upon himself to stand in the window & bark at the guys all morning.

Sabra hummus is the best Has anyone had the roasted garlic? I have that in the house now & it's good but a little strong. I always feel like I should eat an altoid after I eat it. Didn't know they made pesto though, hmmm.

Ok time to get a move on. Making pea soup in the crockpot today as well.

Sue
Old 01-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. Or, for you easterners, good afternoon.

I've worked out with my mom already and am heading off to work this afternoon. Got some cabbage roasting in the oven for a pre-lunch veggie.

Trader Joe's has a nice 4-pack of hummus. I can't remember the flavors but am pretty sure it includes a red pepper and a garlic. No pesto though; that sounds interesting.

Enjoy your day. Keep warm.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon everyone! We had a mini-blizzard this morning as I drove to work today; yuck! The temperature has been falling all day. It was 30 when I got up, it's 10 now and we are again looking at about -10 tonight. When is spring coming?

I was SO hungry all day today. Not sure what was up with that! So I had a couple extra snacks and figured at least I was eating on plan. And I got in my exercise session. Can't even blame TOM. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

But at least Monday is over, I am making salmon and sweet potatoes for dinner and January is about to wrap up. So I can't complain too much.

Have a great evening chicks!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm stuck at the house today- I literally wouldn't be able to get my car down the driveway. My brother had school this morning (yay college lol) and got stuck in the driveway coming home. Dad had to haul him up with the truck!

Tammy and Linda- I'm boring, I like the plain Sabra hummus. I bought some last weekend and Mom's eating it with pretzel thins. I hope I actually get to have some! lol

cdavidowsky37- Feel better soon! At least you figured out quickly what caused it.

Beth19- I'll share with you! I've basically been forcing myself to eat the last 2 days. Although I'd scarf down some of your sweet potatoes!

Have a great evening chickies!
Closed Thread