Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Best breakfast I have found with out eggs!!

So I have an egg allergy unless all the proteins are cooked out like when you bake bread or cookies. I am also a huge breakfast person (well I never ate breakfast but if I did it had to be breakfast food). So breakfast and atkins has always been a struggle for me. I tried low carb shakes that we YUCKO and to many carbs to really be considered induction safe. and of course tried eating non breakfast foods and all that did was make me feel nauseous. So I finally found a shake I could tolerate that literally left me feeling stuffed, plus the added benefit of getting my daily flax meal in.

So here it is
1 cup of cold coffee (of course if you don't drink coffee you could just use water or decaf)
1/2 cup of almond or coconut milk (unsweetened) I prefer almond.
1 scoop of vanilla protein whey powder (I use the soy/whey protein its less carbs then others I have found and it is two scoops per serving)
1 tbs of flax meal or benefiber ( I use flax meal and my bag says two scoops per serving with 0 carbs so I use the 2)
then 4 to 5 ice cubes or more thats up to you
Sweetener to taste all I had was sucralose with maltodextrin and I used 2 tsps
I also used english toffee flavoring with 0 carbs its like da vinci but an off brand this is optional but I liked having an added flavor.
I also used 1 tspn of xantha gum to make it thicker but I really think a half would be better. this is optional but I personally like I thicker shake.

these are my totals cal 245 fat 8.5 carbs 4 (this will go up depending how much fake sugar you use) and protein 29

For me this is an acceptable level of carbs because I am getting a ton of fiber and I really struggle to get all my veggies I need I usually have a big romaine salad with green peppers and broccoli with a protein and fat for lunch and that's about all the green I can really tolerate for the day. I try to eat more veggies with dinner along with a protein and fat but I never seem to get more than about 8-10 carbs from this.
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

and man oh man does it give me an insane amount of energy! This could be my lifelong breakfast meal!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #3  

HI,

Cofffee and english toffee syrup sounds like a winning combo to me. I am going to try it soon.
Thanks,

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote