South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wintry Weekend Beach Chat 1/25-1/26

"Red sky at morning, sailors take warning." And, oh boy, do we ever have a glowing red sky here this morning! We're only supposed to get a couple inches, but it's definitely going to happen.

After my coffee, I'm going to run over to Dad's to write out some checks and get his pills sorted for the week, and then I'm heading home for the rest of the day. We were warned that because of the snow and ice already on the roads, they are going to be especially slippery when the snow starts. I plan to work on my cross-stitch project and hopefully finish it this weekend since I just ordered two more.

It seems like a good day to make a pot Split Pea Soup for supper.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You're getting snow? No fair! I'll have to check, I think we're only getting flurries. We really need to move where there's more. Ruth, do you need a roommate?

I'm off to work shortly, and then tomorrow's DH's birthday, so we're going on a date. I will bet he'd like some kind of cake (probably cheesecake) for tomorrow, so maybe some baking as well.

Otherwise, just chuggin' along here....
Old 01-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I sure would like to send you my snow, Tammy. We got another 5 or 6 inches overnight and it's still floating down. The deck steps have disappeared once again in the drift. Disney went to the edge, looked down and then stared back at me watching her from the door. Guess I was supposed to have shoveled them for her majesty! Maybe later.

Linda, sounds like another good day to do a quick Dad visit and then hunker down at home. I will probably do the same and, once again, put off the trip to the city for the hardware store list. So what if the folding door is off the track and I am improvising a sink plug with a jar lid!

Take care of yourself and stay safe, Snow Bunnies!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! It is 17* but VERY windy and we are supposed to get 3 or 4 inches of snow later today. I need to go to the grocery store and re-stock the veggies this morning. Maybe pick up another turkey breast since they are on sale. DH and I recently had a forehead-slapping moment: rather than buy deli meat, did you know if you put a piece of "real" meat in the oven you can have dinner and lunch too?!?!Who knew?

Other than that, some laundry, cleaning and perhaps booktime. I love weekends!

Cottage, good luck on that cross-stitch. When you are done I will send you a project that has been in progress for close to 10 years!

Tammy, have a good visit with your Dad.

Ruth, I think your snow is coming my way.

Have a good day, chicks!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Beth, it sure is snowing here now and it's Skate The Lake in the next town. The guy next door just got into his truck to go and clear snow off Big Rideau Lake. I hope the snow stops by mid-morning or they're in trouble. Luckily we don't have below 0ºF; it's actually going way up to 27ºF later. Heat wave!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Saying hi from the project...no snow here, in fact it's quite mild. I've been doing some sanding on the front porch.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was up at 5:30 but not entirely awake. I'm not sure I am now

It's another exciting weekend of laundry, errands, and cooking. I might just sneak a nap or some reading time in. I definitely need a little down time. I think we will spend quiet evenings watching movies and cuddling with the furry babies.

I don't think we are supposed to get much snow here. Looks like it's all staying west of us this time. Of course my parents are getting it so we will bring our snow shoes when we visit. I wouldn't mind it all so much if it wasn't so darn cold out there. Oh well. It's the weekend
Old 01-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Linda - Do you have a favorite recipe to share? I've never made split pea soup but have bookmarked a couple of recipes recently.

I am working the closing shift tonight and plan to lounge around all day until I need to get ready for work I have leftover black bean chili to pack for dinner. No more sandwiches for a while! Tomorrow is supposed to be unseasonably warm here and since I'm off work, DH and I will hike. Haven't planned out that far for dinner yet so will have to dig through recipes and get to the store this weekend.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got most of my cleaning done last evening just need to dust and I am done other than more laundry that is never ending.

Not sure what is on the agenda today we are not getting any snow and the high will be 36 so we will definitely venture out and do something.

Ruth and Cottage stay warm and safe with all of the snow you are getting.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Good morning.

Linda - Do you have a favorite recipe to share? I've never made split pea soup but have bookmarked a couple of recipes recently.
I'm not Linda, but I just tried this recipe a couple of weeks ago. It's a little different, we liked it.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen and Cyndi, that recipe is very similar to mine, except that I don't put celery in it. I also add Liquid Smoke, to taste.

It's just started snowing here. I've been to Dad's and took care of all his business, ran some errands for him, and now I'm home to stay.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yum, thanks, gals. Guess what will be on our menu this week!
Old 01-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon chicks!

Ooh, that recipe sounds good! Might have to add it to my menu this week as well.

Slow day today- couldn't sleep last night and finally fell asleep around 7 this morning. I miss my caffeinated beverages.
We got some more snow (YAY!!!) but our road is nasty and un-plowed. It's dirt and gravel, so unless I really really have to go somewhere, I believe I'll stay put.

Stay warm and dry, everybody!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Quick fly by before bedtime Think warm thoughts for me tomorrow PLEASE
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Date night was...ummmm...horrible! DH wanted to see "Lone Survivor", so I went with him since it was his choice for his birthday. I couldn't watch half the movie!! Very, very, violent. Next time...he can go to a war movie by himself. I looked at him half way through and said, "you couldn't pick a comedy, could you?".

But today is his actual birthday, so hopefully it will be better. What we do depends on the weather, although we have church this am and class tonight. I do need to plan out my menu this week, I was bad last week (but didn't do too bad eating wise).

Anyone with exciting plans? HOw much snow did y'all get? We only got an inch, maybe.

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-26-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Closed Thread