Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/174.6/135

Height: 5'4

Default Medifast Newbie

Hi Everyone!! I started on Medifast 7 days ago and so far i'm loving the 5-1 plan. I'd really like some advice from some Medifast vets if possible.

The past couple days i'm finding myself only wanting to eat 4 of the Medifast meals, and my one lean and green instead of the full 5. After that i'm completely full! Is it detrimental to the program to not have that last Medifast meal?? Currently i'm eating every 2-3 hours starting at 8am, and have my lean and green around 7pm when I get home from work. After that i'm not hungry at all for the rest of the night, and end up in bed by 10pm most nights. I'm drinking on average 100oz-128oz of water a day.

Thanks for the help!
Colleensuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/Ticker/140

I am not on Medifast, but I want to congratulate on doing so well. Have you lost almost 20 pounds in one week?
MissMollyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #3  

I wish! No I lost about 5lbs this week. Before I was on weight watchers and lost 15lbs in three weeks but was having trouble sticking with that program so my dr suggested Medifast because she's on it and so far so good.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

The nutritionists do say it is detrimental to skip any part of the plan. The doctors came up with the numbers for calories, carbs, fiber, fat, protein, and vitamins and if you regularly skip a meal it can actually stall your weight loss. Some of the Medifast meals are such a tiny volume, like the soft bake cookie (you can just eat the dough, it is about 2 tablespoons) or have one of the drinks. If it is a time issue it is better to have 2 Medifast meals at once than to skip one.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:13 AM   #5  

Thank you for the info!!! I definitely realized skipping a meal was a bad idea after I gained a pound after skippy one meal two days in a row. Just started week 3 and I'm down almost 8lbs! Woo hoo
Old 06-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182.6

Height: 5 ft 3

Colleen, I just started this week. To me eating every two hours or so is great. Keeps my metabolisom going.
I make sure to take my pretzels, bars , in my purse so that if I am out when I should have my "meal" I have it handy and do not go through mcdonalds or wendys for something I should not have.
I also carry my green tea with me .
Here is to success to all of us.
Txmom1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #7  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

I'm a Newbie to the site, but I've been using Medifast since the beginning of September 2014. Anyone else around here using Medifast???
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #8  

Ginamay,

I've been using it since the end of August. I've lost 24 pounds and am really happy with the program and the food. Really easy to stay on plan.

Sue.
HappyFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #9  
Medifast Dieter

S/C/G: 237/.../169

Height: 5'1"

Yes you're right. It is really easy to do this plan. Check in again. I'd like to know your progress.
ginamay28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
The nutritionists do say it is detrimental to skip any part of the plan. The doctors came up with the numbers for calories, carbs, fiber, fat, protein, and vitamins and if you regularly skip a meal it can actually stall your weight loss. Some of the Medifast meals are such a tiny volume, like the soft bake cookie (you can just eat the dough, it is about 2 tablespoons) or have one of the drinks. If it is a time issue it is better to have 2 Medifast meals at once than to skip one.
When you skip meals, your body goes into preservation mode and tries to keep what it has not knowing when it will eat again. It's best to try and do multiple small meals throughout a day (with 1 or 2 at random intervals) in my opinion
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm day 3 on Medifast. I went from 220 to about 155 a couple years back. I'm hoping I can do 151 to 115 this year. As long as I end the year at 130 I will be happy.
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #12  

Great weight loss previously and you have a realistic goal for this year. You Can Do It!

Keep us posted on your progress!
CruiseChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #13  

I am doing wonderslim now but did MF a few years ago with good success...when I had trouble getting my meals in I would try to combine two meals and stretch it out...like make the brownie and the pudding, mix it together, eat some then freeze the rest for a treat later...or use the tomato soup to make a bread (google the recipe) then eat it with your lean and green or use the snack crunchy things as a breading for your fish or chicken and you have one more meal in...at least that's what I did...good luck, on day 3 of wonderslim and like it so far, food is good and a little more variety than MF but I don't expect the same weight loss
momtotwinzplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote