Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #1  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Question How are you FEELING when you diet?

So... I started the IP diet on Monday and I'm feeling fantastic (even though these are the toughest days of the diet with my body going into a ketosis state and whatnot).

I have read and participated in the Accountability thread, and I think it is a magnificent way to record the facts of our daily food consumption and exercise. But I am a woman (like most of you), and I'm overweight, and because of those two things I have an emotional attachment to food, and dieting is an emotional journey for me. I know that I cannot be the only one feeling this way, and I know people around me cannot be the only people who might get tired of hearing about my feelings and how accomplished I feel some days, and how depressed I feel some other.

I looked but I couldn't find a thread where we could share how we feel about our diet on a daily basis. Whether those feelings are physical or emotional, it is good to share or vent.

Here is my answer to my own question-- Yesterday I weighed myself in (I know I shouldn't do it more than once a week but I can't help myself!) and I had lost 4lbs since Monday so I felt on top of the world. I felt beautiful and confident. Those 4 lbs seemingly gone made my day very bright and positive.

So now it's your turn; how are you feeling with your diet today?

Last edited by Paulitens; 01-23-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

I feel very good with my diet.I have been able to use restraint and control and know that the scales will show it even if they do not always show it now.
I am able to plan my meals even for weekends and special occasions.
Generally I feel very good.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

I always try to arrange my plan in such a way that I don't ever feel left out or like I'm missing something. I don't let myself go hungry or say no to offers from friends, I just manage things and make good choices.

But I do feel like I actually spend more time thinking about food on my diet than when I'm not. Off-plan, I will actually get caught up in my life and work so much sometimes that I'll forget to eat for several hours. When I'm on plan, no sooner have I finished lunch than I start thinking about what's for snack and dinner. I'm not hungry yet, but I'm thinking about it, kind of wanting it. I feel like watching my intake kind of makes me obsess over my food, which I don't like.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #4  

The diet that I'm on now keeps me feeling very content and because there's really no debate to what I'm eating I'm really able to forget about *food* and just eat when and what I'm supposed to. It works and it's doable. The problem is days like today when I ran out of food and when for almost 7 hours without eating anything other than one of my protein shakes. BAD IDEA. It sucked and then afterward I'm so low and hungry its REALLY hard not to overeat. But I didn't (well I had an extra oz of almonds but I figure I can afford it and won't eat anything more off plan tonight). But that's rough.

But honestly, when I'm binging while I think food will make me feel better but now looking back it feels *so much worse* than when I'm 'dieting'

When I'm on plan and on schedule for the most part I'm definitely feeling good - and what makes it even better is because I know my previously abused body is getting all the nutrients, love, and support it needs to make it possible for me to let go of that extra fat.

My honest opinion? I don't think that loosing weight is easy (I love how I felt when I was at my healthy weight last year and maintaining - it was as close to perfect as I can get on this earth lol) but I do think that sometimes we aren't open minded enough to try different things (I'm extremely guilty of this prior to now), don't listen to our bodies enough, and make it wayy more painful than it could be. I'm a big believer in trusting that if I just provide my body the right kind and amount of nutrients, rest, and exercise, it will heal itself and bring itself to a balanced state. Sometimes, me being me, it just seems to be such a long time to get there!!

Paulitens - for the 4 pounds lost!!!! How awesome is that!!

Last edited by RideRunRepeat; 01-23-2014 at 05:43 PM.
RideRunRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #5  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Wow… today? Today I'm feeling fine. Because today I haven't had to struggle with my will power, at least not yet.

As someone who has struggled with weight loss for a long time, I can say this: finding something that works long term is the key to feeling good about what we're doing. Any diet that you plan to go "off" may make you feel fine while you're on it and losing weight… but if you return to your old life style after reaching goal, regain is inevitable.

So I think maybe we should ask another question too: How do you feel imagining your current lifestyle as permanent? When you can feel good about that, I think you're on the right track.

Right now, I'm only about half way there.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You know I used to stress about the numbers and what not but I've decided in the last few months that I am just going to follow my plan and not worry about the results. I know this may sound crazy but I exercise and eat well so I can take care of myself. I'm going to trust that since I'm eating in a calorie deficit, that I will lose weight. It may be fast, it may be slow but I'm not concerned.

So in terms of how I feel about my diet? I honestly don't feel anything about it other than I trust in it and whatever happens, happens.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I'm frustrated . . . I am stuck on the endless plateau. And I've been good, but it doesn't seem to make the difference

There better be a weight loss cliff coming up soon!

Last edited by WahineByTheSea; 01-23-2014 at 06:50 PM.
WahineByTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #8  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I feel good! Very confident in my lifestyle choice. For me personally, I can't call what I do a diet. When I hear the word diet it just sounds too short term for me. I want to make healthy choices that will last my whole life.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #9  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

I'm feeling impatient. I've lost 14 pounds and I want to lose another pound by February for the silly reason that I want to be able to say that I lost 15 pounds (half of the weight I've gained) in 6 months. It's very silly, but there you have it. I'm also planning a hiking trip to Switzerland in June and I'd love to be more trim and fit than I was in previous years I've gone. So...yes, impatient.

On the other hand, I'm trying to make this a permanent lifestyle change, as Vortex_VVV so wisely counsels. I'm very comfortable with what I'm doing right now as far as eating habits and the weight keeps creeping off. I don't feel hungry or deprived. So I keep reminding myself that this is working for me, just be patient.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #10  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

As of right now, I'm feeling hopeful, but also worried. I'm a real numbers person and rely a little too much on what theh scale tells me. With that said, because I am close to "normal" for my height (~5 lbs away), it makes me worried that I will have to push that much harder to lose the weight, which makes me nervous. :P
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #11  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarimae View Post
As of right now, I'm feeling hopeful, but also worried. I'm a real numbers person and rely a little too much on what theh scale tells me. With that said, because I am close to "normal" for my height (~5 lbs away), it makes me worried that I will have to push that much harder to lose the weight, which makes me nervous. :P
I totally get this, Atarimae. Being right on the line between "normal" and "overweight" as far as BMI is driving me nuts. I worry that the weight loss will suddenly stop any day now and I'll have to choose between doing something drastic to keep losing or accepting where I'm at. Hang in there!
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #12  
FIGHTER

S/C/G: 296/TICKER/178

Height: 5'5''

I start and stop diets so often after I lose 20-25 pounds so I am feeling good about myself but I'm starting to get really nervous that my willpower will putter out. I don't want to ever see the numbers I've erased on the scale, so until I hit about 30 lost I'm going to have mini panick attacks all the time lol
CharityMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

I've been dieting since around the 8th. I can't see I feel fantastic or anything. I've felt quite well today, but before that, I've been feeling kind of tired in general.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #14  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I no longer diet.

I made a lifestyle change.

Mostly, I eat yummy, whole foods, ditched most processed junk. I keep a mostly regular workout routine.

Some days, life hands me what life hands all of us. So, you just roll with things, make the best of it and move on.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I feel good for the most part because during my weight loss endeavor I have totally adapted to a different lifestyle and I know this is how I will eat for the rest of my life and am completely happy with that. I've been at it for so long now eating healthy is totally second nature. The only thing that has worried me lately is since I'm at a healthy BMI weight loss has become extremely difficult. It started at about 152 for me and its so hard to get any movement on the scale so I've had to really drop my calories. I hate how hard this has become.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote