South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thoughtful Thursday on the Beach 1/23

Good morning chicks! I thought I'd get us started before I am off with my day.

Thanks for the condolences on my kitty. I've had him longer than I've been married! I do miss the little booger. It's funny, my psycho cat is sweeter with him gone. Not much though, she's tortie and being too sweet is against their beliefs .

I have been completely derailed by our trip and my kitty and life. I need to get back to planning and eating better! Any inspirations for me? (How 'bout those tighter pants?!?)
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Tammy. I know how much you are missing your furry. It does get better but takes a long time. I still miss my Porties and swear I see them out of the corner of my eye.

Actually got out the car yesterday and drove it. She was a tad reluctant to start which had me worried but I think she was just po'd with me because her gas was low. Drove to the store here in the village and their tanks were frozen so crossed my fingers and drove to the next town. Stopped at the vet since I was there for a few things. Had a great visit and even coffee with the techs and Leslie the vet. It was a really slow day!

Poor Disney is really feeling the cold and can't manage to get off her chair first thing in the morning. I have a big towel on it and gently lift her off while she's still dozy. If I ever get into the city, I'll get her a floor bed. Maybe tomorrow since Donna comes today. Tomorrow is supposed to be "warmer" - going up to 15ºF. Bikini weather!

Have a good day, Beachies.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Tywnn it is very tough losing one of your pets it does take a while. Our new kitty is very social though I had to lock him out of the bathroom when he wouldn't let me put lotion on this morning wanted to rub my legs while I was trying to put on.

Ruth glad you were able to get out yesterday, with windchill its -15 right now and I had to gas up on the way in. Stay warm

Tonight is DD2 first volleyball game so I will try to leave work early to make it on time. Luckily the school they play at is just 4 doors down from our house.

Have a wonderful and warm day today!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I overslept again and have a time sensitive project, so no time for anything but a fly by this morning. I'm glad I can do this from my desk, it's cold out there!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cold here too today. I think DH and I will go to the new Sprouts market; I've been once but he hasn't yet and is curious. They are having a sale on gluten-free stuff so I'm sure we'll buy something. I think we'll also hit the new GF bakery for some of their sandwich bread; the stuff in the stores is just not good and although I avoid bread at home, I find it most convenient to take a sandwich to work when I'm scheduled over meal time. First thought, treadmill.

Have a great day.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning !
Stay warm everyone!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon ladies!

Checking in late again today to steel my resolve before going out to dinner! My little brother's 21st birthday was yesterday (omg I'm OLD!) and we're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate. I successfully avoided the cake and ice cream yesterday, but I'm going to struggle at dinner. It's a steak and prime rib place, and y'all know I'm vegetarian! So that leaves me with sides. Carb-y, carb-y sides. Scouring the online menu for as many veggie options as I can find!

Tammy- good luck getting back on the straight and narrow!
Ruth- aww poor Disney *pats*
Pearlrose- good luck to your daughter! I hope she has fun. That was the only sport I liked in gym, and of course that "unit" was only 2 weeks long
Cyndi-I hope your project is going well!

to Karen and Debbie

Have a great rest of the day ladies!

Last edited by penmage; 01-23-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks! Chilly here. But today is better than yesterday only -11 this morning and now we are up to 4!
The scale and I might become friends again, I was down a little this morning and even though I know it was water weight from TOM I am going to try to stay closely OP and keep the momentum up. In fact I will be off to my workout momentarily.

Hope everyone had a warm and productive day. I guess the cold and clear go together but I must say I appreciate these sunny days and have noticed the afternoons starting to lengthen. Maybe spring will come after all!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Lucy, I'm ho-ome!

I decided I'd better get myself back home tonight since DH was starting to miss me and before I got too used to living the lifestyle of the Rich & Famous. It was a lovely past couple of days and a great way to ride out the storm. Even though I was working, it felt like a mini-vacation.

We ended up with about 10" of snow and I was surprised when I ventured out today that most roads are still snow-covered, but the schools re-opened today and I did manage to get around without any problems.

Tammy, I was very sad to hear of your Gordon's passing away, but I'm glad his last days were good ones and he couldn't have had a more loving family to spend his life with. Cherish the happy memories of him.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I made it! lol work gets in the way of checking in at times. No more train ride Fortunately my commute is much shorter!!! Tomorrow I will be on the road (I always seem to have the desk on Thursdays) Layering up and thermals are definitely a necessity. I am looking forward to when the other Sgt I work with retires. Normally I don't seem to have an issue with anyone at work. There is something about him that rubs me the wrong way. I am polite and pleasant, but I do not trust him at all. I bet my dogs wouldn't like him either lol. He is nice enough, but has said he doesn't have to listen to me because I am junior. Well at least I didn't approve an arrest packet with the victim's photos being taken with an officer in the background smiling in one pic and texting in another with his gun belt off!!! This sgt's nickname is "the fog" yet he loves reminding me how senior he is. Sorry I am venting, but at least I am not killing a bag of chips and a tub of humus lol

Sigh tomorrow will be a better day
Closed Thread