Old 01-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Lightbulb Chopstix: for Those Who Eat Differently

Hi, IPers!
If you hail from the East as I do, you may agree with me that IP and the Asian cuisine are not so compatible. I eat lots of tofu with soy sauce marinade and red meat stew with veggies. Do you have your own "ethnic" recipe that stays within the bounds of soy sauce and chopsticks and want to share with me and others? I want to go back to cooking, if you know what I mean!
Narae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #2  
maintaining since 9/2013

I love Asian food though I am not Asian. Something I discovered that is IP compatible is yuba, ie tofu sheets that can be stuffed with veggies like a wrap. I've used it as my natural protein and filled it with shredded cabbage, scallions, cilantro, sometimes a leaf of basil, a little olive oil. I bring to work to eat on my 15 min dinner break.

If you haven't explored Walden Farms dressings, you might find some decent subs. My favorite marinade for a long time was their sesame ginger vinaigrette. Several others have posted about Asian Dressing for stir fry-not my palette; Also their Thick & Spicy BBQ sauce is great.

vitacost.com sems to be the cheapest source for WF if you go that route, though there are many many creative cooks on 3FC who will surely contribute some great recipes.

Last edited by mars735; 01-22-2014 at 03:39 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/Ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
I love Asian food though I am not Asian. Something I discovered that is IP compatible is yuba, ie tofu sheets that can be stuffed with veggies like a wrap. I've used it as my natural protein and filled it with shredded cabbage, scallions, cilantro, sometimes a leaf of basil, a little olive oil. I bring to work to eat on my 15 min dinner break.

If you haven't explored Walden Farms dressings, you might find some decent subs. My favorite marinade for a long time was their sesame ginger vinaigrette. Several others have posted about Asian Dressing for stir fry-not my palette; Also their Thick & Spicy BBQ sauce is great.

vitacost.com sems to be the cheapest source for WF if you go that route, though there are many many creative cooks on 3FC who will surely contribute some great recipes.
If yuba is what Koreans call "yubu," then, I know what you are referring to. I used to make picnic using yubu and mixed rice. I will definitely try yuba WITH VEGGIE STUFFING.
Narae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narae View Post
If yuba is what Koreans call "yubu," then, I know what you are referring to. I used to make picnic using yubu and mixed rice. I will definitely try yuba WITH VEGGIE STUFFING.
You can check the package label to make sure it's IP friendly. The brand I use is just here on the west coast (HodoSoy). If you haven't already found your way to an online tracker, a popular one is myfitnesspal.com. You can not only track your food (& water, weight, exercise) but it has a vast database of nutritional content, carbs, fats protein, fiber, sodium, etc. The info is supplied by contributors, so sometimes I'll crosscheck against another database such as usda.

Bon apetit and congrats to you on your IP progress!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote