Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Happy IP Monday. I will be glad when Mr. Winter decides to leave so we can be more active. I think you think about food more when you are stuck in the house. Going to the gym today, IP is an interesting journey. We do not consume very many calories but I do not get hungry. When I am not on IP it seems like I am always eating something. I feel so much better and have a lot more energy when I am 100% OP.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Today is my 7th day OP. I actually gained a half a pound yesterday but have a total weight loss for the week of 3 lbs. Since this is my first week, I was hoping to have seen a greater weight loss. I do wake up in the middle of the night thirsty so I do get up a get a big glass of water. I know this is early to get discouraged, and want to keep my eye on the prize, but can't help but feel a little bit disappointed. Since I've spent so much $ and feel like it is not an easy diet, am I wrong to expect more?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Just so I'm clear, it's okay to have lemon and lime in my water, correct?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

First day of re-boot. Got off to train for a half marathon. I killed it by the way. Ready to jump back into it. I know I gained at least 15 lbs since getting off. Wish we could run on the program, but I will start back in 3 months.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Today is my 7th day OP. I actually gained a half a pound yesterday but have a total weight loss for the week of 3 lbs. Since this is my first week, I was hoping to have seen a greater weight loss. I do wake up in the middle of the night thirsty so I do get up a get a big glass of water. I know this is early to get discouraged, and want to keep my eye on the prize, but can't help but feel a little bit disappointed. Since I've spent so much $ and feel like it is not an easy diet, am I wrong to expect more?
Vippysue..
Remember slow and steady is also a means to an end. I started out at 177 and my losses initially were in the 2-3 lb range. That was my range and as I got closer to goal my losses slowed. 2-3lbs a week is what you should expect intially. More is a bonus and quite honestly...check the starting weights of the posters who show those initial higher losses. On the good side, I never experienced a true stall..and there was just one week at the end where my loss was about .2 lbs. If you think you can get a bigger bang out of any diet that is lasting and sustainable long term... you are not thinking clearly!

Be happy with ANY loss. The word ONLY is to be saved for the phrase "If ONLY I'd known about this sooner!"

Many people who are successful do not lose large amounts of weight initially, and no one keeps it up for more than a few weeks. Were you watching what you ate prior to your start on IP? If so you HAVE lost more....many begin to taper off their diet as a "get ready" for days or weeks before the actual start of the IP protocol. That impacts your starting weight, and probably your initial fluid retention is already reduced. Stick it out. There is no magic and no easy road to the goal. Hard work and determination are the key...not anything else.

Good luck...be happy! You are on your way with making a healthy and good decision for 2014!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-20-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everyone!

65 - You always have great advice and lots of encouragement for everyone - thank you for being here

Leaving for Mexico in 6 days - considering it's -25C this morning, colder with the wind chill, I can't wait

Is it sad that I'm in P4 right now for the trip and all I can think about is returning to P1 when I get back and losing the last 20+lbs? I have it all planned out and I'm looking forward to getting back at it.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!

Jo
Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Good morning all. Happy Monday. Last week I was whining about being hungry and the scale not moving. Well, my weigh in today was four pounds down for a total of 10.6 in three weeks. I'm ok with that!!!!

Also I can change my ticker now since I'm lower than I was the las time I stopped. Wahoo!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good Monday morning everyone!

65 - You always have great advice and lots of encouragement for everyone - thank you for being here

Leaving for Mexico in 6 days - considering it's -25C this morning, colder with the wind chill, I can't wait

Is it sad that I'm in P4 right now for the trip and all I can think about is returning to P1 when I get back and losing the last 20+lbs? I have it all planned out and I'm looking forward to getting back at it.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!

Jo
Have a wonderful time...

It may surprise you how easy it is to have a great time and not stray too much. Bet your tastes have changed and what you actually eat compared to what is offered...will be in your best interest within your trip...and you won't feel "deprived"...just smug and healthy!!! Are you going to an all inclusive?

We are planning a trip there next month. I'm going to find a good last minute deal...and we are just going to GO! No kids on this trip...just me 'n hubby! We will be celebrating 44 years of marriage next month.

But YOU... enjoy your trip..new body and some smashing times next week!!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-20-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Have a wonderful time...

It may surprise you how easy it is to have a great time and not stray too much. Bet your tastes have changed and what you actually eat compared to what is offered...will be in your best interest within your trip...and you won't feel "deprived"...just smug and healthy!!! Are you going to an all inclusive?

We are planning a trip there next month. I'm going to find a good last minute deal...and we are just going to GO! No kids on this trip...just me 'n hubby! We will be celebrating 44 years of marriage next month.

But YOU... enjoy your trip..new body and some smashing times next week!!
It's interesting that you say that because I think you're right - I plan on enjoying it (yes, we're going to an all-inclusive!) but I think my choices will be different than what I would have normally picked. I will likely be more choosing foods closer to the IP protocol than not. I do still plan on enjoying a margarita... or two...

And yes, putting on a bathing suit this year will be much, much different then in previous years - looking forward to that too! I probably won't mind being in pictures either.

Enjoy your trip, wherever you choose to go and 44 years, wow - that is amazing!!

Jo
Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning! So I thought I'd share a discovery I made this weekend. My mom asked me to pick up a special brand of pickles from our local health food store. (Have no fear, they sell them at Whole Foods which is opening here this summer!) Anyway, the brand is called Bubbies and they have LIVE PROBIOTICS in their pickles! They don't use vinegar. They're so delicious, I highly recommend eating one after lunch and dinner. Or with it. Whatever you prefer. Because they have the probiotics, it'll help with digestion and if you have the Big C problem, should help with that as well. My mom said she has been more regular since eating these twice a day. That may just be here but it's worth a shot! I had to hide the jar from myself for fear of eating it all yesterday! Here's their website.

http://www.bubbies.com/prod_kosher_dills.shtml
Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #13  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Whew.... what a weekend. Was extra tired this weekend so DH let me sleep and he took care of the baby lots and lots It's amazing to see him interact with DS. They giggle so very much. I had my first reboot weigh in and down 11.5 which is awesome. Extra hungry this morning probably because I was dealing with a teething baby last night and didn't prep my breakfast and lunch so of course my body wants something right now. Uhhh glad I make emergency packs that are my little packets.... Had a great time watching the NFC championships with my home team winning, pretty amazing game. I am already thinking of what to make for the super bowl party that we are having.

Today's quote.

When you feel like quitting. Ask yourself why did you start in the first place.

Whoa... that one hit me. Remember when you are struggling with sticking with it...... remind yourself why you started. My reason... .he's below and every time I am feeling sorry for myself... i look at him and remind myself that I want to be able to run around with him when he starts walking... I need more energy for him.

Happy Monday Ipeeps.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
3 lbs is great!!!! Congratulations!!! Keep up the amazing work! It gets easier, and just think how great your going to feel when you hit your goal weight. I'm not sure if your using IP products, but switching to alternatives is much easier on the wallet so you can enjoy a greater variety. You got this!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

Morning all!

I'm so happy, down 4.7 lbs this week. I know it will slow down after this week, but I don't care. I'm still loosing, and i'm still 100% OP. I can almost taste my victory cruise that I want to treat myself to. I'm going to be "that girl" who posts pictures of herself on FB in her bathing suit. Why? Because I will finally be able to!!! I haven't worn a bathing suit in 15 years, and I know I can get there on this diet. I just can't wait!!!

Happy Monday ya'll !
Closed Thread