Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Default I know I'm a featherweight but these situations still make me feel like an elephant

So, I know that I'm not far from my goal, and that I was never really that heavy to begin with, but there are some situations that still make me feel like an elephant. It drives me nuts when people assume that because I am slimmer than I used to be that I should be totally comfortable strolling around in a bikini, or that I will always look model-ready in pictures, etc.

We all have times when we FEEL overweight, even if we aren't. Mine are:
  • At the beach
  • Whenever I am visiting my boyfriend's family, where all the women are naturally petite and athletic
  • Trying on underwear at the store (no matter what I still have that little fat around my bra straps)
  • When I'm having my picture taken
  • When I'm running/working out (When I'm out of breath and red-in-the-face I just can't suck it in!)

Any other feathers have times that they FEEL overweight?
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #2  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Mmm, of course. All the time. That's why I work harder to lose more.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

When you're wearing pants that are a bit snug and you sit down and there's a HUGE belly roll that makes your shirt look too tight. So embarrassing!
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seize the day View Post
So, I know that I'm not far from my goal, and that I was never really that heavy to begin with, but there are some situations that still make me feel like an elephant. It drives me nuts when people assume that because I am slimmer than I used to be that I should be totally comfortable strolling around in a bikini, or that I will always look model-ready in pictures, etc.

We all have times when we FEEL overweight, even if we aren't. Mine are:
  • At the beach
  • Whenever I am visiting my boyfriend's family, where all the women are naturally petite and athletic
  • Trying on underwear at the store (no matter what I still have that little fat around my bra straps)
  • When I'm having my picture taken
  • When I'm running/working out (When I'm out of breath and red-in-the-face I just can't suck it in!)

Any other feathers have times that they FEEL overweight?

You know, I never knew that there were actually people out there saying that the featherweights don't need to lose weight until I came on this forum.

I think I must come from a really dysfunctional background where I'm told that I'm overweight even at 120lbs! Only one person in my entire life has told me that I did not need to lose weight and like you, I was never "heavy" to begin with.

Where are all these peeps who make you feel good as a featherweight by saying that you don't need to lose weight! Send them here please!!
magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dance Girl View Post
When you're wearing pants that are a bit snug and you sit down and there's a HUGE belly roll that makes your shirt look too tight. So embarrassing!
I agree!

Also, when I wear shorts, or a short skirt, my thighs seem to double in size when I sit down and they are squashed against a chair...

And, when I am sitting/laying and my boyfriend puts his arms around my middle region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magical View Post
You know, I never knew that there were actually people out there saying that the featherweights don't need to lose weight until I came on this forum.

I think I must come from a really dysfunctional background where I'm told that I'm overweight even at 120lbs! Only one person in my entire life has told me that I did not need to lose weight and like you, I was never "heavy" to begin with.

Where are all these peeps who make you feel good as a featherweight by saying that you don't need to lose weight! Send them here please!!

It's true, but at the same time, I've had people be disparaging toward my fitness goal and try to guilt me into eating more or slack off on exercising on the basis that I "don't need to lose weight" (There is a thread about this on here somewhere), which is also irritating.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Whenever I'm around mostly Asian people. Cause I'm a big big Asian lady by actual Asian standards.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #7  

Mostly just the mirror and knowing I used to be leaner.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

Hanging out with pixellate
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I think we all have moments like that. That being said at least with the underarm fat there may be a solution: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...hello-big.html

Basically a too big bra band can cause this. Also bras with too low of underwires underneath the arms can lead to the same problem.

FWIW, I've found too that bikinis in bra sizes give me a lot more self-confidence because I have more uplift and they give me a great shape. Combining that with a high-waisted brief and I happily go swimming in bikinis regardless of my weight.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I think we all have moments like that. That being said at least with the underarm fat there may be a solution: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...hello-big.html

Basically a too big bra band can cause this. Also bras with too low of underwires underneath the arms can lead to the same problem.

FWIW, I've found too that bikinis in bra sizes give me a lot more self-confidence because I have more uplift and they give me a great shape. Combining that with a high-waisted brief and I happily go swimming in bikinis regardless of my weight.
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I just need to go underwear shopping
Old 06-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Definitely this.

I may be thinner than I was a few months ago, but I'm not as thin as I was 2 years ago. Hence, I feel fat.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

I feel fat any time I eat something I shouldn't of or didn't plan on.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #13  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
I've been 10lbs less than I am now. It was too thin for me and I got up to 112-115, but just KNOWING I've been smaller is...ugh.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #14  
So Close to Goal

S/C/G: 178/146/125

Height: 5"3

Definitely when trying on clothes, especially tops. Hate my stomach. Not that I have stretched skin or anything, its just the biggest part on me!
kate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #15  
Staying the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I've been 10lbs less than I am now. It was too thin for me and I got up to 112-115, but just KNOWING I've been smaller is...ugh.
So happy to see you here again!!!