Old 01-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Question for fellow ipers..

Hello!
This is a little awkward to ask, but I have been having some..tender chest parts and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Last time I did IP, I didn't experience this at all. So just curious if its something that randomly happens due to the high protein from animals.
Thanks!
kpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #2  

I figured as much. Just haven't experienced it before on this diet and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing it.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/199/130

Height: 5ft5

I have some questions... it turns out my coach has left his position after only meeting for the initial visit with me. I started IP diet a week before PMS, it was really challenging to get past the first 3-4 days as I felt tired and lightheaded. But now that I am officially a day past the one week mark I am feeling fantastic. However...since I couldn't get my normal weigh in, I went out and bought a scale to keep at home and monitor it myself. I didn't loose one pound!! I am feeling nervous that I am doing something wrong. I am wondering though, since I am about to start my menstrual cycle, could it be that I have put on a few pounds because of that? I am following the protocol very well. The other possibility is that I am eating too much natural protein.. Since I can't talk to my coach I was wondering if I could get the official word on if 4 eggs a day is too much? I have been divding them between lunch and dinner. Generally I've been doing 4oz natural protein between lunch and dinner because I need that boost of energy in the day time instead of at night. Everything I read so far has said it's ok to divide protein but the eggs seem to be a shady mystery!! Please if you can answer some of my questions I would appreciate it so much. I am really psyched about this diet and totally IN it to WIN it... i just expected to see some results by the first week. Thanks Peeps!
MarisolParisol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #4  

To clarify, 4oz at lunch and 4 oz at dinner
Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #5  

Marisol
I'm going to encourage you to post in the daily chat where more people will see your posts.

To answer your questions (and more!)
First: I'd be VERY frustrated the cliinic didn't inform you of an upcoming change and I'd demand any advance $$ back that I paid

Second: Every scale weighs differently. Many of the scales the IP clinics use can subtract the weight of clothing vs home scales that do not so please do not get discouraged. Had you weighed on the same scale, you may very well have lost weight.

Third: The IP sheet says 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites so you can actually have MORE (as your natural protein, each day)

Fourth: You are fine breaking it up between meals.

Fifth: Yes, TOM can affect weight loss, so again, don't get discouraged.

Sixth: This program works so don't get discouraged by a shady clinic. Stick with us here! There is LOTS of success!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #6  

Thank you so much for your in depth answer to my questions. I feel a bit more reassured and I am just going to trust the process and keep going strong. I will look for that daily chat you mentioned! I am new here so I am just learning the ropes! All the best to you today.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:04 AM   #7  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Marisol

Welcome. Lisa is very knowledgeable about the program and always gives great info, support and advice.

Just as further info, I divide my protein between lunch and dinner and have since day 1. I generally have a boiled egg at lunch and then reduce my evening protein to 6 oz.

Good luck. We're here for you.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #8  

Thank you Carol!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #9  

Okay..so the soreness has definitely gone away..but unfortunately something else has sprung up.
Im having breakthrough..and im taking continuous birthcontrol. (Doctors orders..)
I know IP messes with contraceptives...but this is..interesting.

Im doing this on my own..so no consultant. Any support and advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Default herbal tea?

are we allowed to have herbal tea on phase 1?
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #11  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
are we allowed to have herbal tea on phase 1?
Yes, you can have tea. I generally have decaf so that I don't have to up my water.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote