View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #8
diamondgeog

I remember my wife saying I was an 'emotional' eater. I told her no I wasn't at least 95% of the time. I said it was habit, and my being lethargic, and enjoying the tastes, and I was actually hungry all the time not 'making it up'.

Turns out I was right. It wasn't really emotional at all. I was eating a lot of processed food, junk food, carbs that were making me hungry all the time and lethargic, regardless of any emotions or emotional reasons. Went cold turkey cutting the worse stuff out. It worked. Same person, just eating much healthier now and moving a lot more.

Well not exactly the same person, cutting those out and getting thinner really helps brain clarity and mood. Almost as a big change as the rest of the body and perhaps even more.

Of course this is just me. But I think the deep root causes can be over thought. And even if there are a host of reasons there is the behavior approach. Which basically says yes there are these issues. And they are important. But for right now lets just concentrate on new behaviors. Studies have shown this to be as successful or more successful then say 'psychotherapy' for someone shy.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 01-16-2014 at 02:38 PM.