South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wacky Wednesday Beach Chat 1/15

Good morning between the weather and my scale it is quite wacky here

Last week I was 143 on weigh in day this morning 148. I am exercising eating OP, but the water weight is all over the place. My face is "full" looking today yet I do not feel bloated. I think TOM's annoying friends, the hormones, are out of balance. I hope to get in synch soon as this is very frustrating. Yet here I am having my morning smoothie

Later a trip to Joe's and Price Chopper. My meals are set for my work week (thank heaven for crock pot freezer left overs), but DS needs his sandwiches lol and I need my raw veggie snacks.

Otherwise nothing new or exciting. How is your day looking? Time for a cup of coffee?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wednesday on the Beach 1/15

Good morning chicks!

I'm sitting here with Paul Newman this AM, and he sure does have a fine cup of coffee. In a bit I get the kids up, have a school meeting before work, and a dr. appt after work before I meet the kiddos at the bus. Gratefully, DH arrives back home tonight so I get to see my honey again.

Slipped a bit between stress and not leaving work until late last night, but today is a new day!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #3  

Good morning Jekel! Maybe one of the mods will merge our threads .
Old 01-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Did you feel the earth move while I did the merge?

Good morning, you two early birds! I slept in a bit later than I wanted, but now I'm back on track. They're warning of black ice on the weather; yuk, just what I wanted to hear this morning. Hopefully, that will be the only Hump I have to get over today, but I have nothing special going on, so I think I'll just take my time before heading over to the farm.

I'm going to sit and enjoy my Paul's. He does make a fine cup of coffee.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #5  

Mmmmm, doesn't he, Cottage? Gosh, that was you merging threads? I thought we were having a little earthquake here in central PA Black ice? I think I like being in denial of the weather. Although a girl at work did say we're supposed to get snow next Thursday (like they really know), so that gets me a wee bit excited.

Jekel - my horrormones are all off too. Darned it.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad I don't have to deal with those monthly hormones anymore, but then, that leaves me with no excuses .

Now that it's daylight, I can see that we have dense fog, besides the black ice. There's no school delays so it must not be too bad. Amber and Tyler just left for school.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm finding the lack of hormones not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be! Anyhoozle, nothing on my calendar today so I'll plug away on the Alaska photo album. (I have probably over 400 photos to sort through so it will take a while.) And I might return some running shoes I got that I've now tried wearing at work twice and they just aren't comfortable enough to stand in for hours. Leftovers for dinner; I'm thinking that if I cook every other day I'm doing great!

Have a good day.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

No hormone rages here either, just pain and aches in the morning. Have any of you heard this joke. An older woman wakes up in the morning and tells her husband to pinch her. He says why, because I want to see if I'm alive, nothing hurts. Maybe this one was one of Ruth's.
Not much new here, just hoping sun comes out today. Dh has an appointment today so I willhave a busy day by myself
Karen I love, love leftovers
Take care
Sophie
Old 01-15-2014, 08:08 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChicks. Slept until 7:20 again - my internal timer seems to have reset from 5:20.

Everything is hunky dory here as far as weather goes. The lane melted lots more yesterday so is now back to gravel/earth with some ice. I cleared the path to the front door yesterday which certainly was good exercise since we have about 12" of lasagna snow - i.e. three different layers of ice.

Thanks for all the BD wishes yesterday. I did have a really great day. Claire and Doug took me out to lunch which was lovely. John brought me a huge bouquet of flowers, not already arranged. I love getting what I call a mixed grill that I can make into different arrangements on my own. Right now I have three orange gerbera brightening my desk.

Pet therapy with Jazz at noon, some banking and then home. There is a Community Open House at the Town Hall 4 to 7 where we discuss what we know and what we are ready to do next regarding Village Improvement. I have to be there for part of the discussion.

Poor Disney seems to be having trouble getting down from her chair first thing in the a.m. Once she's down she is OK and can go down the deck stairs. I think I'll get her a bed on the floor - she decided the old chair was hers the day she arrived. Here she is but the chair is a lot rattier now. I see a PetSmart trip later this week.

On we go with Humpless Wednesday.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
I should know better than to start Ph 1 During TOM and a high stress week
invariably something not Ph 1 has crossed my lips once a day this whole week. So I'm calling this Ph 2 and not agonizing.
The Sun is burning through the foggage and I'm going to head to the work kitchen to burn off my mental foggage! (coffee)
Cottage You have me singing I feel the earth Move Under my Feet!
Ruth Happy Birthday Post flower pics!!
Sophie if you don't mind spicy breaking a cayenne capsule into a tiny bit of water and shooting it helps release endorphins and ease pain Gingers good for that too
ok before I get caught surfing off to work!
Kier
Old 01-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello! I'm new to SBD and this forum. I'm still in my prepping stage but I've been reading everything I could find on here to get myself as knowledgeable as possible.

I'm not entirely sure what's on my agenda for today. If anything I'm going to do a big work out before I head over to my friend Courtney's house. We're part of a crafting club together (knitting, crochet, cross stitch, etc.) and we have a meet-up at her place this afternoon. It's all still new so it might just be me and her yet again lol.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Headed to Denver...mom has dr appts and Kirk will sit w/DD and GD. DD hurt her back yesterday. Ouch.

cdavidowsky37! I'm Debbie...do you have a shorter name??LOL This is a great forum! I'm glad you've joined us!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Bucket loads of meetings and tomorrow as well. Got a free moment to pop in.

Jekel and Tywnn my hormones are all over the places as well.

Welcome to cdavidowsky37 I agree with Debbie we need shorter name lol

Disney is so darn cute

to everyone else

Tonight nothing on the agenda other than some laundry. I put together my new vacuum last night and cleaned up the downstairs and the stairs. It is very nice.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon (barely) ladies! Didn't find time to stop in this morning; it is so hard to get up and going when it is cold and dark! Only 2 months to the equinox!! But we made it through hump day.

I'm going to join in and blame TOM/hormones (not chocolate) for my weight loss stall. I had the initial whoosh but that's it. I have been getting my exercise habit back which makes me proud. And I will also say HOORAY for leftovers.

Hope everyone had a great day and a good night!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening :toast: I am having a quiet night at home. Usually Wed. is classic movie night at the local theater but I am just really exhausted this week so encouraged Tim to go with a friend. His wife is having a 32 party which I am also not going out for. Not sue what's up but I'm running out of steam around 1 lately and coffee isn't saving the day. Hope that straightens out soon.

Oops, started this an hour ago. I've been sticking to OP food which is an improvement. Still not making it in the exercise department but I guess one step at a time.

Ah hormones, my own personal amusement park ride. I know the shift isn't helping my weight any and I'm not loving the on again off again hot flashes but at least my moods are level. I really thinking sticking to SBD principles and low GI eating helps with the mood swing end.

Okay, I'm off to soak in a bubbly tub and enjoy my time alone.
Closed Thread