Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 11:04 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Smile Steel Magnolias of 2004 #01

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Since the site took a dump and lost the posts back to November I started this with a new title. I surely thank the 3 sisters for their dedication to keep this up and running through all this overload.

Tomorrow is my first weigh day for this new year and I will take that number as my starting one for my program.

The new bed we got was NOT the one we had ordered. If the next one they deliver isn't satisfactory we will shop elsewhere. I have hopes it will be fine though.

Have a lovely rest of this HUMPDAY folks.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:44 AM   #2  
Thin Within

Red face Nighters

Thought I would check in and tell you all good night!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:24 PM   #3  

Cool board Maggie. I was going to look and if I didn't see us anywhere I was going to go and start a thread for us.

We are getting really excited about the wedding. Since I have nothing to go back and see what I told you, I am possibly going to digress, so I apologize! It is April 10 in Las Vegas at the Candelight Chapel at 5:30 pm. Right now we have a nice little group coming so they don't have to feel like they are all alone up there. We are going to drive out as we enjoy road trips a lot and we are going to spend 2 days out, 2 days back and 7 days in Vegas. Looks like Jack's sister may come with her family and that should be interesting. She HATES me, thinks I took her brother away from her (get over it chick it has been 32 years!) is a slob and who knows how they will show up at this wedding but it will be nice for Jay and Alicia. Jay hasn't seen her in probably 15 years if they come.

I am down 8 lbs since the first of the year and doing really well again. I am focused and going to making that dress loose by then! It fits perfectly fine, but I can always use some more room and less butt! I walked 2.5 miles today in the cold (36 though I know Jean is in a real mess!) and got half way out and it started raining. Had to finish in the rain and wind and cold and still haven't warmed back up!

I am on the smoothie kick for breakfast. It is a way to get my fruit in for the day and a nice breakfast without tons of calorie. I made a tropical one with pineapple, oj, mango slices, powdered sugar and ice and boy was it good. I had enough to save for tomorrow. I found this ladies site and she had 14 pages of different kinds of smoothies so I printed them out so I could have some to try.

Well, better go.

Faye
Old 01-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Had a tough time getting on this site tonight. I put in my password but it was not excepted so I had to ask for a new one....all is OK now!!! It was too bad that the 3fatchicks had a melt down but, as usual, they came thru with flying colors.

MAGGIE Thank your for starting the new posts. It is always something when you order furniture for delivery. Hope your bed turns out all right for you. We had a similar occurance a few years back but everything worked out for us. Good luck on your WI this week!!!!!

FAYE That's just great a 5# loss this year already! You will be looking great for DS's wedding. Las Vegas is one of my favorite cities. You should have a great time!

We are having a cold snap....low teen to high teens. This is to last at least into next week. Good time to stay home and warm.
Been playing withe the new computer. It has XP Home operating system and it is soooo different. I had Windows 98 befoe and I am having some problems with understanding the new system. I suppose I will eventually get used to it.

Gloria in MA....time to leave this cool corner and get under the covers and read for a time.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:17 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Default Weigh Day Report

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Well as I expected my first weigh in for 3 weeks wasn't a pretty picture but I have determined to take what weight I showed today and go from there and not stress on what I have gained back. That being said I have set a goal to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks which will bring me to March 18th. That is doable for I am determined to keep my FOCUS and not squander 2004 as I did 2003. Time sure flew by didn't it.

Today at WW we were given the Fast Track Kit which includes an exercise DVD which I haven't yet looked at. The eating part of the program is a quick start type that has 20 pionts per day. I am going to save it for when and if I hit a plateau. It has two methods included in the material High Carbs and High Proteins. We are not supposed to use it for longer than two weeks at a time.

FAYE you are going to look so great for that wedding! I am sure you will wow em. I am so proud of you and congratulations on your loss so far this year! You go girl.

GLORIA you are right ~ you will get used to XP. I didn't like it either when I switched to it from 98 but alas, onward with the technology.

Have a lovely night everyone. Type at you later.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #6  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I feel like it has been "long time, no see!" It has been snowing again and enough so that I have cleaned off the deck twice for the outside "patrons." This "back to school" has left me really tired this week; other teachers have said the same thing. I don't know if it's the cold, gloomy weather or what.

Maggie -- Thanks for finding our new home. I'm glad the chicks were able to get us back online again. I missed the news about your new bed. What is wrong with it? I hope you get the right one and it is ok.

"Gma" -- We didn't get the snow that was on the weather channel map. My MIL called thinking we were having a blizzard and we didn't get anything. I've never been to Las Vegas but would love to visit it sometime. I wouldn't even have to gamble, I'd just like to people watch and see the fancy hotels. You will have fun no matter who shows up. Heap the compliments and praise on your SIL and she won't know what hit her!

Gloria -- I had to reregister tonight also. I always hold my breath that I can use the same password or at least one that I can remember! My bed is preheating and I am heading that direction shortly!

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:00 AM   #7  

Good morning to the flowers!

I am raring to go again this morning! Amazing when you exercise and stay on your program how good you feel. It is 7:40 here and I have already gathered the trash and took it to the curb for pickup, cleaned the upstairs, cleaned part of the downstairs, did a load of laundry that is ready for the dryer, fed the animals and cleaned up Butterscotch's "grass" and even fixed Jack pancakes and bacon for breakfast and cleaned it all up. I get done here and I am going to finish the downstairs, have my smoothie and then go and get my walk in.

I have to tell you a funny story. I have one of these cords for strength training and have been using it about 10 minutes everyday for my arms. I was doing it while watching Oprah last night and whamo, it broke right in the middle of a rep. I guess I don't know my own strength, but think about getting whacked with a Green Giant Rubber Band!

Gloria: It takes time everytime Microsoft upgrades a system and for that matter everytime AOL makes changes! You will get the hang of it soon enough. Have you warmed back up yet? We are still in the 30's for daytime highs, which is about 10-15 degrees below normal but it is supposed to be upper 50's this weekend so there is hope!

Jean: Oooh, you preheat your bed too? We keep our thermostat at about 65 and use the electric blanket for warmth and I still have to kick off covers with the ole hot flashes from time to time! Were you out of school at all with the snow? I saw most of Iowa got slammed a few days ago and I remember you saying it looked light but was sticking to the ground. As far as Vegas, though I love to play the slots and Texas Hold Em Poker, we are taking 3 days to do the "sights" like the Lion Habitat at the MGM Grand, the shark reef at Mandalay Bay, Madame Tussaud's at the Venetian, the tomb and museum at the Luxor, the canopy downtown, the Bellagio gardens and fountain, the Mirage volcano, the free Brazillian show at the Rio, the neptune fountain and sinking of atlantis at Caesars Palace, and the Battle of Buccaneer Bay at Treasure Island. Might even get some shopping in for T. Gotta take him something home you know even though he has been there. I guess there is a really nice zoo there too. My grown niece has her birthday on that Friday and my sister that lives in Ca has her birthday the day of the wedding so I am going to get a birthday cake and I am trying to get everyone that will be there to go out dutch treat for dinner on Friday night to celebrate. At least I will remember their anniversary since it is Neita's birthday too!

Maggie: You are doing so fabo, you shouldn't worry so much about your weigh ins! Those quick start programs are usually to get your body ready to change itself and it ISN'T for more than two weeks because what happens is the body starts eating itself so to speak instead of fat. God didn't ever mean us to starve to death!

Well, yakked enough and the downstairs and clothes won't finish themselves so TTFN!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-09-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I woke up this moring feeling LOUSY and after taking my morning meds and having my usual 1/2 cup of OJ with it as per the doctor's orders Iwent back to bed and slept till noon. WOW and me not a napper that is so unusual. Cowboy said that is only the second time he ever remembers me going back to bed like that. When I got up I felt much better and had a lite lunch. I have been feeling a cold come on for the last couple of days and have been using Cold Eeze so maybe it will leave me soon. We are having folks in tonight ........ UGH I have got to get some house cleaning done ~ I just heard the vacuum come on ~ bless his heart he is doing the front room.

JEAN we ordered a queen sized firm bed with a pillowtop. This one is like a marshmellow and looks like a cake that has fallen and sunken in the middle ~ and not at all what we had ordered. They were going to bring us another one on Monday but we will be out of town so it may be Wednesday before we get it exchanged. At least they will exchange it....... and if it isn't right then they will refund our money.

FAYE you are so industrious where do you find all that energy you exude? Hope you didn't sustaine an injury with that green band snapping like that.

Everyone have a good and safe weekend.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:44 PM   #9  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I will chat with you while I wait for my bed to preheat. We had NO wind today and it was 23 degrees when I came home from school. It felt like a heat wave. . . . almost.

"Gma" -- We didn't get much snow at all even though the weather map showed that we did. I guess our area must have been on the outer edge because the southern part of the state got the most. I'm in the northwest corner. Does T. know he's going to miss out on the wedding fun in LV? It sounds like you will have a wonderful time . . . lots of memories. I usually turn my side of the blanket "off" when I go to bed while Bob turns his to a lower setting. I don't like to sleep hot but I sure hate climbing into a cold bed. You were sure a busy gal this morning! Isn't it a good feeling to accomplish so much?

Maggie -- Hope you are feeling better tonight. I tried Cold Eeze and it didn't do a thing about the sinus part of my cold. In fact I don't even know that I actually had a cold. You most likely needed the extra rest this morning if you could go back to sleep. I hope you get your bed exchanged soon.

Beth and Madaline are coming tomorrow so I'm hoping to get my Saturday chores done in the morning then I can play the rest of the day. Sunday is bell choir practice at 7:30 and DH ushers this month so it will be an early day for us.

Have a nice weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:35 AM   #10  

Red face

. . . just checking in to see if anyone has been in the flower patch today.

I am heading for bed. Having a baby around takes lots of energy and reminds me why people have children when they are young!

Have a relaxing Sunday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #11  

Good evening ladies! It was a lovely day here today, near 60. I got out and got in a good walk.

Jean: I do so love having the grandson, but they do wear you out, don't they? I guess luckily, the kids don't both live here so that I rarely if ever would have all the grandkids together if Jay and Alicia have any.

Maggie: Hope you are feeling more like yourself. Those colds hang on this year. I am still having a runny nose, sneezing and the like.

I guess we will be going to Indiana the end of Feb so I can go to Alicia's bridal shower. I don't think it would look to good for the future mil to be missing. Might give the wrong impression! I think since they both have a totally set up household, I will just get her a nice gift certificate to Victoria's Secret and she can buy some lingerie for her honeymoon.

I guess I better get this letter I did for Jack back downstairs so he can take it tomorrow and fax it. We are having a time of it getting the new insurance to give us a referral for his cardiologist without first seeing the primary care manager, but we can't get him a new patient appt until Mar and his cardio appt is Feb 3. So of course we have to go through all this rigamarole!

Have a good evening

Faye
Old 01-12-2004, 10:28 PM   #12  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's been a beautiful day in my neighborhood -- the sun smiled upon us all day and it got up to 48 degrees! The lake even looked a bit "soupy" as I drove home this afternoon.

Today was a typical Monday at school. One of the students in my speech class is in in-school suspension and when I took the assignment in to him, his comment was, "I ain't gonna do it and no one can make me!" I wanted to say, but thought it instead, "if you hadn't skipped Saturday School you wouldn't be sitting in here in the first place!" Sometimes my jaws hurt from keeping them clamped shut! Another kid was grumpy all day because he got picked up for driving without a license, on his way to school, and got a $200 fine. That was the second time he's been picked up!

"Gma" -- For one of my daughter-in-law's showers, I made a list of all our relatives, their addresses, phone numbers, birthday, and anniversary dates. Then I ordered some return address labels with her married name on them and several books of stamps. For another shower I gave her a gift certificate from Victoria's Secret. She had another shower but now I don't remember what I got for her, CRS tonight! It is nice of you to make the effort to travel so far for a shower.

Maggie -- Hope your cold is gone before it got a good hold on you! :

I need to figure out what I'm wearing to school tomorrow. Last week we froze and today it was so warm we opened windows.

Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:01 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Arrow Back

We just got back from our trip to see our doctor for our yearly visit. I am glad we had it timed right for he perscribed meds for me. It isn't a cold that I have after all but bronchitis. The meds should kick it quick for I am feeling much better already. We had a good time visiting friends and my folks during our quick trip. Since neither of us usually need to see a doctor between yearly visits we are going to keep our doctor down there. If we do have an emergency type situation then we can deal with it up here.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #14  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I'm not sure just how, but the iron monster showed a 5# loss tonight. I am a happy camper and will take it! I have to admit I don't feel any different than I did last week when I gained.

Maggie -- I'm glad you went to the doctor and are feeling better. Hope the meds continue to work for you.

Not much is going on in my corner of the world. The sun was out today but it was cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be windy again. The ice on the lake is looking gray so I'm wondering if the ice will go out early this year. We've had such strange weather this winter; below 0 one day and 40 degrees the next. It's no wonder people have the colds and "crud" that hang on.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:26 PM   #15  

Good afternoon ladies!

Maggie: Hope your meds have kicked in and you are feeling better. DD has a double ear infection and they are worried about her ear drum bursting. She said the one time she doesn't go to the dr right away it is serious!

Jean: I cannot imagine ever saying anything like that even thinking anything like that in school, but hey, they talk to their parents that way and get away with it. I have a couple nieces who talk to their mom like she is dirt and she takes it! The little brats do it because they can!

I did a 50 minute walk today with Fortune and pooped myself right out! He goes for a little thing. Up hill is the only hard part cause lugging all this up a hill takes some doing!

I am looking forward to the shower. A lot of Alicia's friends are kids that are friends of Jay's too so I have known them for a long long time. I guess I shouldn't call them kids, as most of them are close to 30! He may be 30 and may be 6'6" but he is still my baby so I guess I can call his friends kids! We are going to stay with a couple that are friends of ours instead of having to stay in a hotel so I am looking forward to that. Of course, they have never seen me at my best straight out of bed so we might get kicked out after the first night!

Keep working hard and the weight will come off everybody! Have a good afternoon and keep warm (it is 63 here today)

Faye
Closed Thread