General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #1  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Judgment Free Whining Zone - NEW!

New thread for a new year.

Yaknow what drives me banana's? Is the people at the store when there is a huge line to want to nick pick over prices all the time. Today some lady couldn't understand that UP TO 90% off didn't mean it was gunna be 90% off! Read the signs people and don't make me stand in line for 15 minutes while the manager has to spell it out for you!

end rant.

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-10-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #2  

Dammit, I can't spell Judgement I guess
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #3  

ROAD RAGE RANT!

I have a serious problem with the people that drive in my city, because so few of them actually can DRIVE. Sure, they can point a car down a road and hope for the best. But when it comes to having any sort of skill or confidence behind the wheel, there are so few. There is snow for at least 6 months of the year here, you should understand the physics of your car on the snow and be able to not just lose your sh!t and crash at the first skiff of snow! I blame the province for this though as driver training is pretty lacking and drivers tests are painfully simple. I also believe you shouldn't even be allowed to take your drivers test in the summer here! We need to take a page from Finland's driver training handbook!

Learn to drive or get off the road because you are dangerous!

End road rage rant!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Silverfire, I hear ya on the road rage rant. I live in Alaska, same thing. We have snow 6 months out of the year, and the drivers here are woefully incompetent on the roads. They either have too much confidence, and get in wrecks, or too little and drive 30 miles an hour under the speed limit even when the roads are dry. The don't stop at stop signs and zip out in front of you, when you have no ability to brake because it's so slick. Stuff like that. I agree, no driving tests should be performed in the summer. Either that, or that should be a provisional license for summer driving only. And I think winter driving skills training should be mandatory.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #5  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Are you KIDDING me? ??

i drove over 60mph just to get here!!!... Three accidents along the way!!!....and now you're telling me I can't have my 90% OFF!!!!!!!!! I'm not budging until I speak to the manager! !!!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Are you KIDDING me? ??

i drove over 60mph just to get here!!!... Three accidents along the way!!!....and now you're telling me I can't have my 90% OFF!!!!!!!!! I'm not budging until I speak to the manager! !!!
LOL

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5"6

Silverfire, don't sweat the spelling! You had it the Canadian way- so you're good, Saskatchewan chick!

http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsiss...anAmerican.htm

PS I'm headed to Saskatoon and Moose Jaw next week- so pumped! I promise not to drive though, as I live a few hours flight east of EagleRiverDee and likely only snow drive now! lol

Whine zone time- WATER RETENTION is the most useless invention ever. I HATE fretting, not knowing if it's "fake" lbs or real weight gain! lol oh well...its part of the journey, I guess!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #8  

I KNEW IT LOOKED RIGHT!!!

LOL Thanks Northernchick! And Woo!!! Hopefully the nice-ish weather sticks around for you (don't count on it haha ) Have fun while your in town!

And I hear you on the water retention front! With starting up exercise and TOM on the horizon... BAH!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

My job search is really frustrating me. I've applied for so many jobs in the past few months, out of which I've only been shortlisted for 3 of them (and ultimately gotten none) and I don't know why. The reason I get is always just that they had another, more qualified person who applied. I'm starting to become a burden on my parents and though they never make me feel bad about it, I really do feel terrible.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #10  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

It's been such a long week at work and it's only Tuesday. Phones won't stop ringing and it seems like every one of our difficult clients is coming out of the woodwork with a problem. It's got to be the full moon, ugh.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #11  

I'm just generally sick of feeling fat. I count my calories, I drink water and tea, I go to the gym, I added fruits and veggies to my diet and still my weight slowly climbs. I feel full, even though I haven't eaten yet today, and I've sort of just reached the end of my rope. I feel like crying and throwing a hissy fit at the same time.
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #12  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollfaise View Post
I'm just generally sick of feeling fat. I count my calories, I drink water and tea, I go to the gym, I added fruits and veggies to my diet and still my weight slowly climbs. I feel full, even though I haven't eaten yet today, and I've sort of just reached the end of my rope. I feel like crying and throwing a hissy fit at the same time.
I'm sure many of us can identify. Sometimes it's the smallest tweak. For me, it was cutting carbs. My metabolic type is extremely sensitive to carbs- the more I eat, the harder it is for me to lose weight, even if I'm keeping in my calorie range. I am convinced that, for me at least, a calorie of carbs is different than a calorie of fat or protein.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I'm sure many of us can identify. Sometimes it's the smallest tweak. For me, it was cutting carbs. My metabolic type is extremely sensitive to carbs- the more I eat, the harder it is for me to lose weight, even if I'm keeping in my calorie range. I am convinced that, for me at least, a calorie of carbs is different than a calorie of fat or protein.
Maybe this is odd but I'm wondering if I need a small amount of caffeine. I get very little now and I'm constipated a lot. I've focused energy on getting more fiber but it's not helping. Even my bf's mother tried to help by giving me benefiber; she was at a loss when I didn't improve. I've read that it can stimulate your digestive system so I had a cup of coffee this morning. I can't drink too much or I get a headache but I thought it might be worth a shot. After several days during which I tried eating lighter food and then a bit heavier food, I've barely gone to the restroom. :/

My bodybugg should be here tomorrow and I'm picking up more cardio so...the next rational step after all this would be a nutritionist I suppose.
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollfaise View Post
Maybe this is odd but I'm wondering if I need a small amount of caffeine. I get very little now and I'm constipated a lot. I've focused energy on getting more fiber but it's not helping. Even my bf's mother tried to help by giving me benefiber; she was at a loss when I didn't improve. I've read that it can stimulate your digestive system so I had a cup of coffee this morning. I can't drink too much or I get a headache but I thought it might be worth a shot. After several days during which I tried eating lighter food and then a bit heavier food, I've barely gone to the restroom. :/

My bodybugg should be here tomorrow and I'm picking up more cardio so...the next rational step after all this would be a nutritionist I suppose.
Benefiber and other fiber things make me super constipated. I would go on the site http://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/constipation.html
and scroll down to the Recommendations: No Downside, Just Upside-down section.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

I just need to rant about soda/fast food reformers.

I'm supportive of all people who have decided to make healthier life choices, it's great. But, I hate when people's weight loss advice (ESPCIALLY doctor's) is to cut out soda, fast food, and junk food. As if every obese person is chowing down on massive amounts of Cheetos, while guzzling slurpees after 2 big macs. I'm sorry it's just not that way.

If that is your story and that's how you made the change and lost weight, congratulations that's wonderful. I'm very excited for you, and I'm sincere about that. But we all got overweight in different ways and will need to take unique paths to get healthy.

I'm not a junk-foodie, I drink almost exclusively water, and I ate balanced meals. I'm overweight because of a lack of portion control and lack of exercise. Please don't ask me to consider cutting out soda...I don't drink the stuff, I never have never will.

Rant over. I feel better now. :P
grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote