Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/T/190

Height: 5'4

Default Its too quiet around here! Any other summer mamas?

I keep checking back eagerly everyday to see what else has been added. Nada.
I figured I would try and start a conversation that we can all just keep going.

How far along are you?
When is your due date?
Planned or unplanned?
abbysue715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hello!

I'm about 9 weeks, putting my due date in early July. We were half-heartedly trying (figuring if it happened we'd be happy, but if not we're okay waiting a bit), but had some bleeding recently, went to the ER Sunday and everything looked good, had an ultrasound this morning, and they found two babies instead of one. Still trying to wrap myself around the idea of one, and now there's two!
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #3  

Congratulations!

Do twins run in your family?

My mom has been dreaming that I am pregnant with twins but we do not have our first ultrasound appt until Monday. I will be 7 weeks on Friday.

It took us a year to get pregnant with our first kiddo so when we stopped using birth control we thought we would be looking at at least 6 months of trying. Nope. Second cycle off of birth control. Apparently all that weight loss had something to do with it!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #4  

My great grandmother on my mom's side was a fraternal twin, so yep! Didn't really think about it until the ER when my HCG levels registered a little higher than normal. I guess it's typical to have exaggerated symptoms, but I really felt fine (minimal morning sickness, hardly any pains) have had some cramping but nothing exceptional, but I guess that's normal for a uterus that's growing twice as big.

I'm in the same boat, stopped using hormonal BC (after looking up what kinds of things it can do to your body, we went with other methods). I lost about 20 pounds, then found out I was pregnant. Have maintained that loss, and am hoping to continue to get healthier throughout my pregnancy. This certainly has changed my viewpoint on food, a nutrition source rather than a source of happiness. I haven't thrown up but once, but the nausea keeps me from eating too much or anything in any large quantity. But now that there's two of them, I know I have to be extra careful.

How much did you weigh with your first?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I'm here! I'll chat with you! lol

I'm having one (I asked multiple times "Just one right?!")...right before the US my husband's maternal grandma (he was adopted) told me all about all the twins in her family.

I'm in my 16th week and I think this last week I've felt 'normal' so normal the only thing reason I know I'm pregnant is that I popped about two weeks ago so there is a definate belly. The first 3 months was rough. Back to working out now though and that always makes me feel better physically and emotionally.

When are you both due?
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #6  

Jules- With my first I was about 260/270 when I got pregnant and was 333 AFTER delivery at my postpartum check. I did have to have a c-section which I think could have been avoided if I had exercised and ate properly during my pregnancy.

I am a food addict though and being pregnant was my green light to go hog wild. Thankfully I had a very healthy baby boy but I am so hoping this time around is going to be drastically different.

Ishbel- Thanks for joining us!! I am due August 1st by my own calculations but we have a dating ultrasound this Monday. I am so hopeful that you feel normal at 16 weeks! I was so miserable my ENTIRE first pregnancy that I am thinking the same thing this time around too. I am in a lot better shape this time around and my eating is crazy different so I am hoping that after my firs trimester the world will stop spinning so much.

Anybody else exhausted all the time?
Old 12-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #7  

I'm pooped.

I'm due around July 13, but since it's twins, I know it'll probably be earlier than that. Hoping for full term and I'll do all I can. At this point I have to choke down food and have been losing weight because everything smells bad to me. I'd be happy any other time in my life, but since there's two in there I know I have to eat. I've been drinking the Ensure meal supplements and those really help me get the calories I need at this point. I'm sure the crazy cravings and stuff will come, but I'm still pretty early and want to keep on a good eating plan. You guys have any other easy foods that are good for pregnancy?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #8  

All I wanted was bread. Toast goes down well for me. I use the Ezekial bread as I usually do not have bread at all and that seems to be the healthiest that I can find. It tastes like real bread to me when its toasted.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time eating (

Apples and all veggies have just turned my stomach into mush. I thought it was bad when I was preggo with Landon because I never ate them anyways but they have become a huge part of my diet but right now I just can not. I have been doing protein, healthy grains and good fats.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

I'm tentatively joining this group with an EDD of 8/19. I just had a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago and since I'm not even 5 weeks yet...I'm so reluctant to say anything. But I just knocked out a Ripped in 30 workout and I want to share that small milestone with people. We have been trying for #2 and I'm very hopeful that this one sticks because I feel a bit pregnant this time around. I felt nothing two months ago. I had been interviewing docs and I found one that is going to consider a VBAC and has said that maintaining my weight during pregnancy is ok with her. She also told me to keep exercising, so I'm doing that as much as I can.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #10  

WOW, you're really all summer babies! Sorry, I'm more 'spring' but hoping more mama's will join this board too

Yes I'm feeling somewhat normal but I'm still very tired (and can be more snappy then usual). I was at a supper party last night closing my eyes at the table (after supper). :/ kinda embarassing but they were very understanding. My bedtime is an hour earlier and I still sometimes need a nap after work.

Anyone see Kelly Clarkson on Ellen about her pregnancy? She made me laugh, I kept asking people "when does the glow start???!!" I wasn't vomiting but it was always 'right there' for about a month. Also had a MC scare off and on throughout my first trimester and had to stop running

I'm using "walk at home" and bought someone's 9 month pregnancy video series. Also signed up for a pregnancy yoga class in the new year to help with all the aches and pains.

I don't seem to have TOO many aversions but what I think is funny is what I said to someone "heaven right now would be sitting in a field of tomatoes and eating them off the vine" - that's still true! I LOVE tomatoes right now and can't get enough of them, I dream of baked tomatoes with garlic and olive oil and broiled parmesan cheese on them....mmmm

I do hope my boobs stop growing though :/

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-13-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #11  

Welcome Gretel!! Our due dates are close together! I am august 1.

Ishbel- I didn't see Kelly on Ellen, was it good? I am so jealous that you crave something healthy! I want to be one of those pregnant ladies that can not get enough watermelon or carrots or something healthy. Im over here dreaming of bread.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #12  

Mm.. potatoes sound good right now. I've been eating a candy cane this morning, peppermint definitely makes me happy!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #13  

I read something about roasted carrots being delicious. I am not sure if that is true or not but I am thinking about seasoning mine up tonight and trying it. I have carrot chips so I don't think I will even need to cut them. They said they were better than sweet potato fries.... Not sure if thats possible!

Peppermint was recommended by my doctor. Along with crackers and jolly ranchers to help with morning sickness.

I don't do any kind of sugar now that I am back in OA though so those are all out of the question for me.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 12-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #14  

Oh don't think I haven't sat down with a bag of tostitoes and a jar of cheese lol...

I used a chunks of real ginger in boiling water to help my sickness. I love boiled carrots with a tiny but of butter and dill. I roast many veggies including carrots with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with garlic (from a jar), sprinkled with Italian seasoning. So good, if you want something different
Old 12-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #15  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies

I'm going on 11 weeks and due July 8th. This is my 5th pregnancy with 2 babies at home.

This baby was a complete surprise. We were using natural methods for pregnancy prevention and my ovulation day jumped up 10 days suddenly one month. Guess weight loss will do that for you. We had safely avoided for a year though before October. We didn't even have sex for 8 days before I ovulated so this is truly a miracle baby to us. I still am shocked that it's real.

I had planned to hit goal by next July (har har same time as baby is due) and then we were going to try for a 3rd baby. I found out on Halloween and dh thought I was joking with him until I took a test with him sitting right there beside me. It's my fault since I had kidded him on Father's Day with a "just kidding" test.

I really struggled at first since this was such a shock and I was on a roll with weight loss. It's taken until about 2 weeks ago to feel peace about all of it.

The problem I'm having now is wanting to eat crap and healthy stuff not sounding very good at all. Paleo is being tough since meat doesn't sound very good and all I want that's healthy is fruit. So I've had a lot of grapefruit and pickles here lately lol.

Talking about fake bread, I make primal girl's multipurpose paleo bread. It's divine and I've eaten a whole batch by myself in the past 3 days alone.

I crave chips. But I know they'll make my stomach hurt so badly if I give in, I just find it hard to resist currently. I've gained 1 lb since finding out I'm pregnant and I just want to go in the other direction and slowly drop a couple lbs. I gained 70 lbs with my son and I'm terrified I'm be "EAT ALL THE FOOD" again.

Sorry this is a novel. Thanks for reading Looking forward to keeping up with you all!

Last edited by Nagazim; 12-14-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote