Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 12:21 PM   #1  
Gym'll fix it!!

Default #173 Ten Pounds at a Time.

Hi Ladies,
I could'nt remember the name of our last thread so i've just opened another in the hope that you will find me I think it was "slow and steady wins the race in 2004" was'nt it? I'm sure that Terry will tell me
Old 01-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #2  
Connecticut

Hey! I think ya did well, Ms. Cat and thanks for getting us back up and running . This will be a quickie as I need to run and do a few errands. Chris' laptop is having problems -- under warranty -- and I need to take it into the store so Fed Ex can pick it up later this afternoon. Of course, if Russ remembered to take it this morning I wouldn't have to go out in this frigid weather . Men! Doing well with food control although I just had a few crackers -- no breakfast yet so we may call it that.

I'll check back in later -- missed you ladies .

Always, Terry
Old 01-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Terry,

Wish the "post quick reply" option was working i'm a lazy well, Monday was good..Tuesday was horrendous i went hog wild and had a total of 3700cals and a whopping 185g fat it was chocolate..chocolate chocolate! So yesterday i did a juice fast..it was horrible and i can't believe that i managed it..i even made hubbies dinner without licking the spoon made no difference to the weight tho" so much for the claim that you will lose 4-5lbs overnight but at least it will have helped to balance out the previous day..I WILL NEVER do it again. Today i've had a poached egg on toast, an english muffin, lunch is ham followed by key lime yogurt and dinner is.. roast beef. spuds,cabbage,brussels and carrots..da-da..oh, and i've even put down a low carb beer..all for 980cals what a deal!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #4  
Connecticut

Way to go, Cathy!! I just got home from the grocery store and bought some good healthy stuff so we're all back in business . I am making burgers tonight so I will have that without the bread and a salad. I had ham and cottage cheese and a sugar free jello with a bit of cool whip for lunch -- have to be careful with those because I could eat a dozen at one sitting I am sure!

OK, laundry calls --- catch ya all on the rebound
Old 01-08-2004, 02:22 PM   #5  
Woman on a Mission

Hello ladies,

Day 7 of being back in control. Of course the scale did not co-operate today and show any kind of loss but then again neither did it show a gain either so I'll take it. It's also TOM so I'm sure next week will look a little better.

Very excited as we get Makenzie overnight tomorrow so Auntie Pam will get to play and watch Monsters Inc. She's just so darn cute. If I ever figure out our scanner again I"ll post her latest picture. She's so big already. She's only turning 2 but she's into size 3 and is probably around 37 lbs. or so. Her hair is long and curly now so Marni puts it up in a top ponytail or two little pig tails....to adorable.

Cathy, throw out the chocolate if you haven't already and don't buy anymore. I so commend you in doing the juice fast; those are just soooo nasty aren't they? Never again is all I can say.

Terry, I too love the fat free jello and coolwhip desserts. Too good. I'm such a little kid though that I always lick the serving spoon off too and Erwin gets mad at me for double dipping I told him not to look if it bothers him. We're the only two people in the house and if that grosses him out then he should stop kissing me too.

Back to work I go, slacking I shall call it, attention span of 0 today but I'll fake it 'til I make it.

Bye for now,

Pam
Old 01-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #6  
Ginny

Hey ladies,
Glad to see us back up and running.. I missed you guys.

I have been doing good, back at Curves and also back to my pre-holiday weight..

Hubby and I went for groceries this morning and bought only healthy snacks and lots of fruit.. he is joining me on the new way of eating so this ought to be good for both of us.

Don't remember if I told you gals that I had to take hubby into the hospital at 1:30 Sunday morning with chest pains... they ruled out his heart, but have no idea what caused the pains. We were there till 7 am. then he slept the rest of the day and by Tuesday was fine... go figure. anyway was a big scare.. so eating healthy is the way to go...

Working in the office to day, but had to check in.. Will catch you all tomorrow.. have a good day and stay op

Dahlia
Old 01-08-2004, 05:38 PM   #7  
Gym'll fix it!!

Pam throw chocolate out? Sacrilege MOI? how can you ask me to do such a thing LOL at the double dipping! I must admit that i don't like hubby getting a second helping with his spoon if i'm gonna have more but i don't say anything

Well, i changed the mealplan i forgot that with my fasting yesterday there is leftover Shepherds Pie, so i had that for lunch with a slice of dry wholewheat bread instead of the ham and yogurt, so that has upped the cals a couple of hundred but its still a pretty good day Need to bring firewood in and then get ready for a stint on the treadmill
Old 01-08-2004, 06:13 PM   #8  
Woman on a Mission

Sorry Cathy, I must have temporarily lost my mind You make me giggle!

Glad to hear you're having a better day today.

Hi Dahlia, I do remember you posting that about DH and I'm so glad he's feeling better but I can sense your anxiety about them not knowing the cause. Hang in there!

Pam
Old 01-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #9  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Does anyone remember me?

I posted last in September when I had surgery and have been having related problems ever since. Needless to say 2003 was NOT a good year!

But its a NEW year with new goals, right? So I thought I'd pop myself back in here and see what's going on! I'm back to a healthy lifestyle and all that goes with it (we all know what that is!).

So anyway, hope everyone is successful and happy this new year and we all reach our goals! Good luck!

Lisa
Old 01-08-2004, 10:41 PM   #10  
Woman on a Mission

Lisa! How nice to see you again! I am so sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope you are now fully recovered? How are the kids and your DH and of course all the critters I hope you'll not go away again. Most of our core group is still around...Terry, Cathy, Carol, Emily, and we've got some awesome new members too, Dahlia, Grandma G, Meigg, Barbara Ann and I'm sure I've missed a few too as I've been gone for a few months.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

Pam
Old 01-09-2004, 10:34 AM   #11  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Just checking in for today! Had my breakfast and did my Tae Bo (yep, I'm back to that again too!). I'm hoping for now to do TB on MWF; on Tuesday I did yoga and I just bought a pilates DVD that I did yesterday. And I'm very proud to say that I haven't touched any soda since last Saturday! I am, however, struggling to eat less carbs.

So we are heading to the store today so I can get some frozen fruits and some fresh veggies and I'm going to attempt to have at least one smoothie per day to start getting my fruit/veg intake up there. That's my biggest downfall - not getting enough of them!

Hope everyone else is doing great! I was happy to see this club has survived for so long.....what is it now? Two or three years? Has anyone ever heard from Riddle (I think she started us up)?

Take care!

Lisa
Old 01-09-2004, 11:37 AM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies,

Hi Lisa, you sound just like me..eating too many carbs and not enough fruit and veggies glad to have you back do you know that someone asked about you only the other day? Carol i think..could be wrong. We have'nt heard from Riddle for ages..she did put in an appearance and then vanished again i think that was before we lost our "own" forum.
Yep, this group has had 3 happy years together does'nt time fly when you're enjoying yourself

Well, yesterday turned into another fest i was doing so well and then let myself get too hungry i was trying to wait for dinner (i hate having to make 2 lots) and waited and waited and then ended up ing out on a WHOLE PACKET of gingersnaps followed by chocolate..well, i knew that i'd blown it for the day so what the **** right? WRONG! Total 2300+ cals and 96g fat!! so i did'nt get the roast beef dinner did'nt feel like it after all those cookies. Moral of the story..eat regularly.
Weighed in this morning with a feeble 1lb loss but happy not to see a gain this week.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #13  
Connecticut

Yo!

Welcome back, Lisa, and I was sorry to hear that you had such a rough 2003 -- raising my coffee in salute to a better 2004 for you and all your family . Great job getting back on plan too!

Morning Pam, Dahlia, Cathy, Carol, Barbara Ann and all the rest of the gang.

Step aside, Cathy, Russ brought me a box of Valentines Day chocolates (don't freak it's still January) and I had a few -- not enough to do too much damage as the scale showed a loss this morning too. Slow and steady wins the race, dear Cat -- it takes time to banish all those cravings from our bods.

Pam, I'd love to see a pic of little Mackenzie -- I can't believe she is two years old now.

Ok, time to figure out why the phones are not working -- I know Russ paid the bill! One probably needs to be reset and hopefully it's not the one that comes in behind the computer desk asthat is impossible to move as it is just to dang heavy.

BTW, Dahlia, so glad to hear that your husband is back to his old self -- what a scare that was.

Be back later, gators!!

Terry
Old 01-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #14  
Connecticut

Just me popping in to say hello! It's 6 deg now and there is no way I am going out. Of course, many of you are so used to that weather but this is cold for Southern New England! A cup of tea is sounding mighty good right now -- hope everyone is fitas a fiddle and I'll check back in later. Me!
Old 01-10-2004, 07:27 AM   #15  
Connecticut

Good Morning!! There's no one here to play with me -- get up, sleepyheads!! Have a great Saturday ....
Closed Thread