Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #1  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 324/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs down In need of a boost

Hey guys,

Well, like most of you (I'm sure) I fell off the wagon during the holidays and gained quite a bit. I know that I have to get back on track now that the holidays are over but my will power has left me. It was so string before. I was so determined and I hung in there for so long .... Where did it go? And how can I get it back? strangely enough, I feel completely lost.
I need some support. I would appreciate to hear from anyone.
Kristeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #2  

I got motivated last night when I read information about being carb sensitive. The fact that I might get type 2 diabetes really put me in gear. Good luck girl, you can do it.
halee182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Well for me, my focus is on trying to live healthier every day. Weight loss is coming along slowly, but besides that I know I am eating better and feeling better overall. And today, I ran farther than I ever have in my life! To paraphrase Mozzy from another thread, the time will pass anyway and you can choose to get fitter or get fatter. Hang in there!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #4  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 324/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks girls
Kristeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #5  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Look at your ticker and see how far you have come already, Do NOT give up! You have done this before and lost so much already, YOU CAN do it!
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

I know how you feel. It's hard for me to get back on track after the holidays. I'm patting myself on the back this year for not waiting until Summer time to get back on my diet, but the motivation for me is a weight loss challenge at work where money is involved. I don't know if you can get something like this going at church or work or there are even online groups. We change our challenges up, but everyone puts up a certain amount of money and then we go by percentage of body weight lost to make it fair. The easiest one we did was a goal of 5% and everyone who hit the 5% or surpassed it by the end of it (6 or 8 weeks I think) split the pot. That one was nice because you had a set goal and you could at least win your money back. Three out of eight made it to the 5% and we got to split the pot. It's really motivating for me. We also did a winner takes all right before Thanksgiving (I won!). The lengths of the challenges change, but so far it has always been $5 a week each. The current one is a 10-week challenge with first, second and third place.

Don't give up. When I think back to how uncomfortable I was at nearly 100 pounds heavier it motivates me to not give up and let that happen again because I really was miserable.

I wish I had some magical words of wisdom, but unfortunately you have to want it and work for it. It's not easy, that's for sure! I smoked for many, many years and it has been three years since I quit and that was waaaayyyy easier for me than losing weight. I guess my addiction to food is stronger. Good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do it!
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote