Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #1  

Smile Detox starts tomorrow - support required

Hey, Happy New Year Everyone

So, I turn 30 this summer and I have decided that I will NOT spend another birthday feeling fat and self conscious! I currently weigh 9 stone 11 pounds and I am only 9ft 3inches

Basically I am recovering from a broken foot and struggling to lose the weight! Tomorrow I kick start my diet with a colon detox to get my gut ready and also to clear my skin and general well being! This is going to be tough so each day I plan to post pics of my progress and the hope is that you guys will share your tips, stories and motivate me I will happy do the same for all of you

Looking forward to getting to know some of you

2014 the year of changes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.3 KB, 33 views)
Dreamer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Dreamer14! I don't know much about detoxing but I wish you the best! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #3  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm also turning 30 this summer and it's a big motivator for me to lose the weight and keep it off. Good luck on your detox!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #4  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC! It really is a great time to get started on a new routine I'd suggest forgetting the colon detox (proven scam and is bad for your health) but would love to see your enthusiasm poured into a healthy diet and exercise program! Nothing would make you look and feel better You have have to wait on the exercise program until your foot heals, that must be an awful thing to deal with. We have a lot of great support forums here and I'm sure you'll find something that fits your lifestyle. We look forward to your progress, good luck!!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #5  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome! We're glad to have you here.

I noticed that you said you're about 137 lbs and "only 9ft 3inches." I am guessing that is a typo.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer14 View Post
[B]I currently weigh 9 stone 11 pounds and I am only 9ft 3inches
I'm not sure what planet you live on, but on Earth that's considered rather tall. I figure you meant 5 ft 3 inches.

I don't believe in detoxes of any kind. Like the heart and lungs, the gut is always "ready" to do its job. However, if it helps you mark the transition to a healthier lifestyle, it probably won't hurt.

Welcome to the 3FC universe. It's a great place.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
Welcome! We're glad to have you here.

I noticed that you said you're about 137 lbs and "only 9ft 3inches." I am guessing that is a typo.
I'm sure it was a typo..137 lbs is very underweight for 9'3"...

Welcome! I agre that perhaps skipping the detox but finding a lifestyle change that you can commit to for the long haul might be more beneficial down the road.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #8  

Hahaa yes I apologise I meant 5 foot 3 of course! Hahaa! Sorry

So, this detox is due to my IBS, I am not banishing food groups but giving my digestive system a boost. I am also a nurse so I would never abuse those silly diets, this is one we advise to some patients prior to surgery so I shall be fine, but thank you for the advice I appreciate it a lot.

I completed the first day of my detox today and I am feeling positive and determined! I also started some circuit training tailored to suit my injury of course. After the detox I plan to eat 1200 calories per day as this is recommended for my height and weight! I need to drop these pounds...

Thank you to everyone for your kind messages of support I wish you all success on the fight to lose the flab we can do it
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #9  

Quote:
So, this detox is due to my IBS, I am not banishing food groups but giving my digestive system a boost. I am also a nurse so I would never abuse those silly diets, this is one we advise to some patients prior to surgery so I shall be fine, but thank you for the advice I appreciate it a lot.
Can you give some details on this cleanse? I'm curious. I'm a nurse as well, and to my knowledge, prior to surgery patients are either NPO for a given amount of time, or if my memory serves me correctly (I've been away from hospital nursing for some time now) we give something like Go-litely to clean out for a procedure like colonoscopy..(and I remember doing tap water enemas until clear..) but even that is only like 12-24 hour prior...I'm not familiar with recommending any other cleanse regiment, but like I said, I've been out of the hospital for some time now.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #10  

Well I wasn't planning on the nursing discussion especially when this post was meant for weight loss motivation haha... But yes, depending on what the surgery is we do request that the patient follows a diet plan, they do also use other methods but as I say that is dependent on what the procedure is! Of course they are nil by mouth normally 12-24 hours before the surgery but for some patients, especially those for gastric surgery are given menu plans and dietary advice to follow up to a week before! I am in the UK maybe we are different but it's not uncommon.
Anyways I have basically cut out carbs, fizzy drinks, etc... I am filling up on water, fruit, veg and lean meat for a few days, nothing spectacular
Old 01-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Just wondering, what kind of colon cleanse?

In the last few years, those supposed, wonderful colon cleanse things, seem like bunk to me.

Really if, "beef" blocked up the colon, I would have exploded years ago!

And, after giving it some thought, that once a year or so bout of gastric enteritis, also known as intestinal flu, should clean out any obstacles!

So, if I've taken this out of context, sorry!

To me, detox, means, ditching, the processed foods, and actually cooking, and eating stuff, that you actually can pronounce and spell all of the ingredients!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #12  

I wish I never mentioned the detox now.
Haha! Let's just say I am healthy eating - no processed foods, no crap.

I am sorry for saying detox maybe it was wrong choice of word!
I am just trying to lose weight and feel good about myself again...

X x
Old 01-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #13  

Quote:
Well I wasn't planning on the nursing discussion especially when this post was meant for weight loss motivation haha... But yes, depending on what the surgery is we do request that the patient follows a diet plan, they do also use other methods but as I say that is dependent on what the procedure is! Of course they are nil by mouth normally 12-24 hours before the surgery but for some patients, especially those for gastric surgery are given menu plans and dietary advice to follow up to a week before! I am in the UK maybe we are different but it's not uncommon.
Anyways I have basically cut out carbs, fizzy drinks, etc... I am filling up on water, fruit, veg and lean meat for a few days, nothing spectacular
Ah..ok, yes, I have heard that patients going in for gastric bypass are given a diet to follow. I've never worked in an area of nursing were I am caring for those patients. Got it!