Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #1  

Default Question for people triggered by sugar...

Do you avoid honey too? Does it trigger you? (like in a recipe as a sweetener)
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Yes and yes.

There are two triggering points for me

Flavor craving trigger- sweetness increases my appetite and desire for more sweetness
This leaves me feeling like I want or need to eat, even if I'm full-to-bursting.

Carbohydrate hunger trigger - all starches and sugars increase not only my appetite, but physiological hunger as well. Drives my bloodsugar out of whack.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't use honey as a sweetener but I do eat it occasionally, perhaps on toast or something, and I find that it doesn't trigger me.....

when I was growing up, my mom would crush pills and mix it with honey whenever I had to take medicine and so I've always associated honey with medicine and don't use honey very often
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #4  

Thank you both.

.Kaplods, I have a feeling that honey might trigger me as well and I'm afraid to eat it and find out!

AL - so strange but my parents gave my cherry flavored tylenol for EVERYTHING (long story) any way to this day I can not eat anything cherry flavored, I cant even stand the smell of cherry flavored stuff...always makes me think of medicine and being sick.

I made homemade granola bars for the kids, just oats, natural peanut butter and honey. Its just cheaper and whole food-ie which I was doing before I had my last baby...as I get more time, I will move back to all homemade whole foods. Anyway, I dont even know if I could find a granola bar recipe that does not have honey as it seems to be the binding ingredient, but I havent looked either.

I did take a small bit to taste it, but that's it. I'd like to actually have one, but since being off sugar now for about 2 1/2 weeks, my cravings and binges have almost stopped and I really dont want them back. I mean I'd still love to eat a bunch of cookies but the cravings are manageable and I am not craving an afternoon sweet treat anymore...

I eat "lower" carb...mostly oats and I will have rye bread for lunch...and sometimes bran flakes...but no crackers or such like that for now.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 01-12-2014 at 06:00 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote