Old 10-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Default Motivation Monday!! What motivates you?

Happy Monday Ladies!!

I've been gone from this site for a while. I was maintaining at 145-150 for about a year and feeling great. I went through a divorce, and found a new love. Things are great, and I'm happy, hence me packing back on 20lbs of "love weight". I've been together with the new amazingly hot hunk for seven months. His ex really wants him back and has lost 50lbs thinking her weight was the reason they failed (it wasn't of course). But her motivation to lose weight (she's looking great by the way)to get back her man has motivated me to jump back on and lose mine again too!

It's not because I'm worried I will lose my guy being heavier (I wont)....but it's more of a competition thinking the ex can't look better than me....haha. That's my motivation. What's yours?!?!

(I of course want to be healthier, and bla bla bla as well..)
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #2  
Crusin' into a new me

S/C/G: 260/234/160 reboot

Height: 5'5"

My motivation is multifaceted...but just a couple.

1. Motorcycle trip to Sturgis Rally August 2014.
2. Hubby is losing weight too; I want to make sure I am staying below him
3. Las Vegas -Feb 2014 for my 40th.
4. Did I mention I am turning 40!

Best Wooshes!

~b
BuffieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

looking at my family photos and being happy with how I look. I want to feel comfortable in the photos that are going to be around for a lifetime.
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

My motivation to lose my first 100lbs was for my wedding. Now I been married for a month. (Yay!!) now my new motivation is for trip to Mexico in May!! And to shove it in ppl who I don't like faces. nothing like a good gloat session when ppl u don't see for a year drop their jaws haha
Kymish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

hmmm motivation. Lots of the usual, looking good, wearing smaller clothes, not buying plus size, finding that clothes on the rack will come in my size.

I'd like to be in less pain, have had knee trouble for years, last two years been hip trouble (I'm 30!) Maybe fit right into a bra? so tired of having to extend bras.... I'm a big girl in the itty bitty committee....so weird. ...excuse my TMI. Anyway...yeah, that and possible mid goal markers like a new tattoo or cute outfit. Well, those will do, I'm sure there could be more.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

my motivation is all arounds the theme of weddings! My boyfriend's sister is getting married in May 2015, my brother is recently engaged so I'm sure there will be a wedding in the next year or two.... and I'll be getting engaged in the near future as well. ( he already bought the ring).
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #7  

Default hi

Guess it's a good thing I revived this thread, I hadn't noticed how old it was till I wrote in.

How nice skinnygirldreams, a whole bunch of events to set goals around huh? Are those good motivators?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:50 AM   #8  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Anger....
Music, love listening to music and makes exercise fun.
I want to feel confident in myself. My marriage is falling apart and I don't want hubby to get the better of me.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

I'm very self-conscious, so not feeling too chubby and unattractive to leave the house or bother trying to look nice is a good motivator! Pus wanting to be the best possible version of myself :-)
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Ah, weddings! I've got a wedding come up, too (not my own ) and there's a beautiful dress I want to wear, but it doesn't come in plus sizes . . . .

I can't post links / images yet, but believe it, it's lovely . . . .
WahineByTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #11  

Default hey

noshoes: can relate I passed my boyfriend quite a while ago.... to be fair we were about even in weight when we started dating.... now I'm heavier eh.... I want to be under his weight too....that is what you were talking about right?

anybody else got this one?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

NightAngel- it is a good motivator for sure. I'm hoping that for my brother's wedding.... I wont stand out on the bridesmaids side as the largest one! lol I'm larger than my boyfriend. He is like 185... and 6 ft tall. the jerk :P
He has done several 5ks and a half marathon... totally jealous, but I have really bad feet so running isn't in my future. Oh well. maybe if I get my weight down their is a shot at doing it. Only way to find out is by losing weight. lol
Wahinebythesea- hey that still counts! And i bet the dress is adorable.
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #13  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Yes! Hubby used to be 130kg and has lost it quite dramatically over the past few years by eating better. He has been running for the past ten years or so but the diet was the big change. So now he is about 95 and I am still heavier than him. Its just a couple kilos but I am determined to be lighter, especially since I am shorter. When we met neither of us were thin but we definitely put on weight together.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #14  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Tomorrow is Monday, so I'll go ahead and mine now since I'll get distracted with work tomorrow.

I was at goal this time last year. I'm motivated by the closet full of cute clothes that are currently 2-3 sizes too small!

I turn 30 in May, and I'd really like to look and feel my best when I ring in a new decade.

Lastly, I have a family reunion in July.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

My initial motivation was self-disgust. I find it a good way to kick start a new diet. My goal is to try to eat well for a year and not succumb to old habits, whilst creating new good food habits.

Also i am about to start selling clothing and not only do i want to look good in my stuff I want to be able to wear the styles that look good when you are skinnier.

I hate the discomfort and movement restriction that arises when you start to get to a certain weight.

I've done this before and i know i can do it again. I like dieting because my food is much more delicious and healthy and i really get into my cooking when i'm on a diet.

This time i have the added factor of not being in a hurry so that i can enjoy my food and trust that i can do this for a long long time, hopefully forever. I have to really look after my mental health in order to make that happen.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote