Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 02:50 AM   #1  
thin within

Angry Freezin' Friday--1/9/04

it is so good to have the site available again. i've dropped 1 lb since the crash and have really gotten into the exercise mode. i would really like to lose a few more lbs before going on a retreat next weekend, especially since there is an indoor swimming pool at the hotel. this will be our first trip to tour part of turkey. we are so excited. i'll try to post a pic or two. i'm sorry to not reply to everyone from yesterday's thread. karen--continued well wishes coming your way. star--wow! you look great!

i hope all of you will be enjoying a great day today. i need to get off and fix brunch, finish sorting and organizing dd's bedroom and playroom, do a couple loads of laundry, dustmop and wetmop the floors, finish last few boxes in my bedroom, and figure out what kind of exercise i'll be doing today. by the way, is there anyway we can count heavy housework for the equator trek, ie moving heavy boxes, dustmop/wetmop (i have 2 stories of all hardwood, tile, and marble), scrubbing walls, etc? just a thought...
Old 01-09-2004, 03:18 AM   #2  
Pure Energy

Just got home from work at 2am. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home and am going to give the carbsense pizza crust another go. Bought a big rolling pin!!! Not going to kick my butt this time! My goal is to look like Star!!!

Well, gonna head off to sleep so I can get up and go to the gym.
Night chickies!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Finally Friday. Yeah!!!

My stall seems to be broken with that pound from yesterday. Boy, did I ever need that psychological boost. I finally got back on the glider yesterday after a few days absence and I feel soooooo much better!

I'm so sorry so many of you are experiencing a nasty winter freeze. My dh is still bemoaning the lack of season change (well, at least drastic season change) here in AZ. I'm not sure he'll ever get used to it. I keep reminding him of how some of you girls are freezing your tails off!

Things are status quo here -- and that's a good thing! Not much new or exciting to report. My resolve is still strong, and the weeks are still long!!!! I'll check in tonight after work to see how everyone is faring -- tata!
Old 01-09-2004, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning all. Checking in from work. I wish I was at home doing housework! It's pretty cold here today too. But at least I'm inside. I almost killed my hubby when he called and told me my oldest is walking to school. What is he thinking???

Oh well! I have to say I think that the equator trek was a great idea as well. I'm super-motivated and can't wait to log my miles each day! Not to mention I broke through a plateau and that just rejuvenated me as well.

Anyone thought about a St. Paddy's Challenge??? I think I might post one!! Let's keep being losers together!!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:45 AM   #5  

Default Good morning

I was unable to reach this site all day yesterday. I thought the site was down again but when I came on this morning I saw the post from yesterday....sorry to have missed you all.

I am down 2 of the 4 pound christmas weight that I gained. I am happy with that. 2 more to go and I will be back to my fighting weight. I bought the Pilates for Dummies video. I have to admit I am not looking forward to starting and exercise program but I really want to give it a try. I hope I like it. I think it will really make a difference in my overall body shape.
I was great with the eating this week....a little high on carbs some days but not much over 20 so I don't think that was the end of the world since I have doing this woe since September. The wine however has got to go! I had too much this week....been really stressed and experiencing a little after christmas blues I think. Maybe when I start my exercise it will perk me up.

It is absolutely FREEZING here in MA. When I left for work this morning I didn't notice so much because I go right from the house into the garage....I was all bundled up, but since the car was warm I was taking layers off before I got to work....then I got OUT of the car.....bbbbbbrrrrrrr. Man it was cold. Quickly put all layers back on.

Hope you all have a great day...check back later.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hi, fullfig! Glad you're back. Enjoy your retreat, and let us know how it goes.

Jamie: Great attitude with that pizza crust. If that stuffs that hard to roll out, maybe you could count it as some Equator Trek miles!

Congrats on breaking those stalls, spedmom and Lori!

Congrats on losing two of those pounds, Jane!

Karen: Glad you checked in yesterday. We were all wondering about you and your DD. Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

I hope everybody warms up soon. And, I hope that ice melts for Star and Theo'sgirl. That stuff sounds dangerous!

I had a minor attack with PB last night. My eating habits have been really off. Ever since Christmas vacation, my schedule, eating and sleeping have been off. Some days I'm not even hungry (which is something new to me!) and other days I'm starving during the day and then don't want to eat anything in the evening. But, if I stay up too late, then I'm starving again (that's where the PB came in last night). Sleeping is terrible! I'm never tired -- even though I should be. I try to go to bed, and I'm incredibly restless. I toss and turn and probably only get a quality two hours a night. Argh! What's with this???

Anyway, hope all of you wonderful ladies have a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-09-2004, 10:12 AM   #7  

Ok, I need a pep talk because I'm ready to cave!!!

Here is what I have to face today. There is a class down the hall from me and it seems all of my co-workers and people from the class decided to bring in food today...and it not good stuff either!

sugar cookies
monstercookies (oatmeal cookies, with choc chips and m&ms)
cranberry muffins
butter cookies with sugar on top

It's making me crazy...where is my wilpower today???
Old 01-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #8  

LoriAS: OMG I WOULD PROBABLY CAVE! Just be strong. You can do this. Can you bring in something for YOU to eat so that you can avoid the tempting stuff?
Old 01-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #9  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Lori - DON'T DO IT!!!
I am still battling 3 lbs from the holidays and technically I have fluctuated between the same 4 lbs since OCTOBER!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! Grab a piece of gum - or one of those Listerine strips and then you won't want to ruin that nice minty taste in your mouth.

SO TOUGH - I know but think about your co-workers and that date in September when they all say "LORI - You look amazing!!! What have you done??????"

Old 01-09-2004, 10:51 AM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

And Hello! to everyone else on the board today.

Karen - so glad you checked in. It's these "mommy times" that are so exhausting - but they are the ones your dd and you will remember for YEARS to come. I can still remember my mom caring for me after my tonsilectomy when I was 5. That would be 34 years ago and the beautiful purple pajamas she bought for me and the record player she had next to my bed where I repeatedly played "Puff the Magic Dragon" ALL DAY LONG. And the sherbet she gave me and the special time it was because during the day I was allowed to rest in my parents "big bed" - Well you get the point. Rest up and enjoy this special time with her!

Fullfig - What type of retreat are you going on? Just yourself or the whole family? And I agree that Heavy housework should be counted - just like lifting weights. Because I know I get a great workout going up and down the stairs de-cluttering this house!

Jamie - your work schedule is amazing - I don't know how your body conforms. I would be nasty and irritable all the time. How is your dh's cyst?

Jane - good for you only 2 more to go. I'm still up 3! And it is COLD here in NJ as well - with wind chill 0 degrees F. YIKES! My dh had to help our neighbor jumpstart her car this AM.

Sped - You are doing great - Even when you stall stick with it because amazing as it sounds, when I stall on the scale I always drop more in clothing sizes. Very strange!

Jina - I too am all screwed up. Wasn't hungry at all on Wed. - But yesterday (actually last night) STARVING! SO weird.

Leens - I couldn't see your pic well enough yesterday - but I thought you must be kidding. Then I thought - well if I say something sarcastic and you truly are older than I thought - well that wouldn't be too nice either! I have never even seen an Elvis impersonator!

Lekker, Angel, Miss Chris, Supersized, Storybook, Star, Theo's Girl and anyone else I may have missed - Have a great day!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:03 AM   #11  

I know! I know! I just keep repeating to myself..."Florida in April, Florida in April, Florida in April" My goal is to be at 145 by april 23 to REALLY enjoy the beach....think it can be done? I hope so...I know it can if I can just stay away from those cookies

Holding strong so far...
Old 01-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Ooh, Lori, the beach is a great motivator! I go to the beach a lot during the winter, so I can wear long pants and cover all my nasty areas up! I'd love to be able to go in the summer in a bathing suit... Where are you headed in Florida?
Old 01-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #13  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

I live a mile from the beach....
And have only been on it about 4 times in a bathing suit in the past 8 years!!!!

It's pretty pathetic because I love to swim and so does our whole family. So in essence we had an inground pool installed because I couldn't bear to appear on the beach in my suit. (Well, that was my reason, but dh just doesn't like the sticky feeling of salt water after his skin dries) :blush:
Old 01-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Godd morning girls!!!!

Well, finally the ice is starting to melt!! BUT now it is falling off the trees in huge chunks and hitting the ground like bombs!!! Crazy! But I will be soooo happy when it is gone, I was getting real scared because we have both DS's birthday party on Sunday and then I start my new job on Monday, and I have to commute to my new job (not far though just to Beaverton) So I was starting to get worried and not to mention I am SO sick of being in my house, We have been locked up here since Tuesday! I WANNA GO TO THE GYM WHAAAAAAAA!!! OK enough whiney about the weather. LOL I am nervous about my new job cause I haven't done any other job in 10 yrs!! But my sis works there so it won't be to bad. PLUS I get more money an hour, paid holidays, sick days, and vacation days, free cable every channel and free cabll internet, I don't get anything paid at my other job for working part-time.

Any who,

Fullfig, Have fin girl on your retreat!!! I agree about the heavy cleaning, I shoveled ice yesterday off the front porch I shoulda got 10 miles for that!!

James, good luck with the pizza crust...you can do it!!!

Sped, Good job on overcoming the dreaded stall!! I am so glad you are here with us!! Tell DH he can come visit Oregon, that would be a drastic season change!!! LOL PS: Love Grandma Sped quote!!!

Lori, You can do this, just imagine the cookies you are allergic to them OR they have mold on them!!! That'll fix ya!! THanks for thinking up a St. Paddy challenge!!!! PLus speaking from experience, if you eat carbs and sugar all the sudden when you haven't for awhile you will find, you tummy doesn't like it!!! YUCK!

Jane, GREAT JOB!!! on loosing those 2 pounds!!! You GO girl!!!!!

Jina, I had a P-butter attack yesterday, I am blaming it on TOM!!!
When you feel restless sleep like that, I always take a vitamin B-1 100mg and a vitamin C, extra B-1 will make you sleep like a baby and takes away the restlessness. Works for sure!!

Kim, good to hear from you!!!

Have a great day girls!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:31 AM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

OOOOO I just weighed and i am down a pound!!! Yeah me!!!
Closed Thread