South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #1  

Default Feeling terrible

Hey all, new to all of this SB dieting stuff. I'm wondering if you guys might be able to answer a question for me. Im on day 6 and I'm feeling terrible. I had a small headache, as expected, on day 3 and that left. Now I'm feeling nauseated and lethargic. I drink plenty of water - 3ltr a day, I'm not constipated, I'm peeing regularly, I am sticking to the amounts and frequency of eating to the tee but I just feel awful. Even the smell of food now is putting me off and I've started to not eat today. Every time I eat something it doesn't sit well in my stomach and it will often cramp.

I have about 40 lbs to loose and I don't want to quit. I am committed to seeing this through but I just feel like *poop and wanted to know if this is normal?
TKeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/165

Height: 5'7

Is it possible that you could actually be sick? It sounds a little like the flu.

It can be pretty common for people to feel under the weather when they first start changing their eating habits. I understand that you feel you're eating enough times per day, but what exactly are you eating? Your body needs sufficient healthy calories, vitamins, and minerals. Lethargy indicates possible lack of energy due to not getting enough nutrition. Perhaps protein is an issue? Maybe something with blood sugar levels? Eating enough times in a day isn't necessarily as important as eating the right foods. In the simplest terms, food is fuel for our bodies. If this continues, the best solution would be to see a doctor.
Silver Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I've done south beach a looonnng time, and I've never felt like that unless I'm having my GI issues (food sensitivity...foods off plan!) or a stomach bug. Take it easy on yourself and follow your gut (ha!) and hopefully you'll feel better soon.
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote