General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #1  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Default Fit Bits, and Flex - Anyone have one of these?

I searched a tad for headlines regarding this type of pedometer and I was curious if anyone had a fit bit or a flex? They are pedometers that sync in with an app or web and monitor steps taken in a day as well as sleep.

If anyone does, want to make a competition? Most steps? Or goals? Or friend each other?
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I have a fitbit ultra right now. I love it because it will link to my insurance company wellness site. I also have it linked to mfp. love love love.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

I have a fitbit one and really like it. I have friends on it - some from here, plus a couple real life friends. I link it with my MFP, too.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I have a flex, and I do really like it.

Beyond that, I'd like to make a couple of comments.

I do like it. But, now and then, I do have to restart my bluetooth on my phone to get it to sync.

The website is nice, has forums. Customer Service is supposed to be great. I have had no reason to contact them. So can't comment.

Does need to be charged every few days, a pain. My WW Active Link, only needs to be charged about once a month.

But the Flex gives me more info than the Active link. And web access is free with Fitbit, where the AL is $5/month. But since I'm a Weight Watcher person and soon to be employee, I need to keep the AL.

My son and his wife, swear by the Nike Fuel Band. I don't know to much about that. Or what the cost of web access and so on.

Fit bit is a nice, product, with free web access, forums, to talk to other fit bit folks, they also offer a scale that will sync up, and a nice platform, for tracking on their site as well as linking up with MFP.

Over all after much research, Nike, Jaw bone up and many other gidgets and gadgets, while their are a few,minor annoyances, it's most likely the best bang for your buck.

I've been looking at ordering the new Fitbit Force, but I think I"ll wait a bit until they perfect it. It was rolled out in early fall, and still has a few issues. Once things get smoothed out, I'll be getting one!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

My husband got me a fitbit force for Christmas. I logged in and joined the community. I live in Connecticut and am probably the only Carma on there in Connecticut. Not sure if you can find me that way.
I would love to have some sort of encouragement to get myself above 10000 steps a day so I would love to have a contest or goals.
Riddy: How did you link your MFP account to it? That would make my life so much easier as I would like to only enter my food on my fitness pal and have my force count my steps.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

I have the Fitbit Flex and I love it. I charge mine once a week, usually when I'm sitting at the computer and I know I'll be there for a while. It has made me more aware of how often I'm moving (or not...) and I really do recommend it.
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I have a Fitbit Force, and love it. It has to be charged about every 10 days. I only have it set to alert me when I hit my step goal of 10,000 steps a day. If you use it as an alarm also, it shortens the battery life I guess. I haven't experimented with that.

I love the functionality and features, it seems to be quite accurate. I've got a number of Fitbit friends and we encourage each other and compete. It syncs up well to my iPhone, and my PC. I also have it linked to EveryMove.

I have found I am a LOT more active since getting one. I also sleep better. I found through my Fitbit that I wasn't sleeping well, and oddly that seemed to be the motivation I needed to sleep better. Just knowing I wasn't sleeping well has improved the situation and I have no idea why.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Carma, I went through MFP - there's an option for apps &devices.

I'm so bummed - I just spent the weekend in NYC walking a ton and doing lots of yoga, and I left my fitbit home! Grr!!!!'
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #9  
Getting my life back

If anyone wants to add me: Crystal at saintly.com is the e-mail I used to set it up. (replace the " at " with the symbol).

I also sync to my fitness pal. To do so, you just go to the mfp website and click on the apps page. There are a lot you can sync with mfp. Makes it so much easier to use.

I like the silent alarm. It wakes me, and not my boyfriend. I work at a desk, so I just charge on Mondays in the office and Fridays. I'm not moving much anyway, Haven't had battery issues.

I've also started sleeping better. I have a hard time hitting 10,000 steps a day! I've done it, but it's rare. Part of that is the desk job. I walk my dog, and do the Shred, and then I get maybe 7K. I think I need longer walks perhaps. Once I'm more in shape, the Shred can turn into a more serious work out as well.

It also links into Weigh and Win. It's a Denver program to lose weight. It pays you as you lose weight. Since you log everything, it adds points to go into a drawing to win gift cards. So, super awesome!

If anyone can find me, please add me. Competition is always good!
Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

How are the bands on the flex or force? I heard of some people losing them as they fell off and they didn't know. I have been thinking of one of these too!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #11  
Getting my life back

I haven't had any issue with the band. It stays on really well. I wish I held out a while and bought the new one that shows the time. I keep thinking I'm wearing a watch...
Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I am looking at the one with a watch for that reason. Well now you have a reason to upgrade lol
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

I got my MFP synched today with my fit bit. I have the new one with the watch and find it handy.
Riddy: I hear you on the walking. I forgot mine the other day.
Crystal: I will try and add you. I am Carmaoks At aol
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #14  
Getting my life back

I have been cleaning all day and just did the shred. XD Still 3,000 steps. Too dark and freezing to go on a walk to get 7K more.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #15  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I haven't had any issues with my Force falling off (one time I snagged it with a sleeve and it popped off but I noticed it on the spot) but they are a little hard to clasp. I wish Fitbit would offer different styles of bands, because frankly I'd prefer one with a real buckle. I'd also love a cloth band rather than the silicon one.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote