General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #1  
It's ME!

Default How much SH!T do you have?

I read this in a book recently and a lightbulb went off - so much of my self loathing and feeling like I'm not good enough is actually someone else's SH!T.

"It has been said that of the thousands of thoughts we have every day, over 80 per cent are the same negative ones repeated over and over again. So, it's time for some new thinking! Your are just one thought away from changing everything. Are you ready for that? Every thought is a piece of the jigsaw puzzle that makes up who you are.

I have been working with people who want to change how they think and feel (as well as how they look) for more than 20 years, and it's my belief that many of the negative thoughts those people had weren't even their own - by that I mean that they accepted the negative imprint from someone else. In other words, they accepted other people's Systemic Harmful Invasive Thoughts (SH!T) affect you!"

Systemic - it goes all the way through you
Harmful - it hurts
Invasive - it gets below the skin
Thoughts - define you

I wish I could remember who wrote the book so I could credit her! I'm willing to bet that many of you out there will be able to relate so I wanted to share.

One of my resolutions for 2014 is to not let other people's SH!T affect me!

LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Not hardly any, either my own or someone else's. I'm a joy-filled, peaceful woman.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 01-04-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I believe the book you're referencing is Think More, Eat Less: Use Your Mind to Change Your Body by Janet Thomson.

Best of luck to you
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #4  
It's ME!

Yes! That's the one. Very good book.
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote