Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October Newbies 2013- New Year, New healthy body!

Hi October Newbies,

We are entering month 4! We have survived and hopefully found some joy in the holidays. Now, we can settle in and focus on our goals for 2014! The year of our "new healthy bodies"

So... What are your 2014 goals?

Mine:

Start exercising, just a little each day to burn off work stress.
Reach goal weight by spring
Act with empathy and compassion first
Smile more
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #2  

Interesting article posted by Sashadee on another thread.

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19058156.php
Old 12-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Wow, month 4 already! Funny you should mention goals for 2014, I have been thinking about this ALOT lately. My new year's resolution has always been to lose weight and I gave that up a couple of years ago since I thought I would never lose the weight. Now my thinking is, what date in 2014 will I get to goal? I am sure with a "can do" mind set I will get there.

So in no particular order here are my goals for 2014...
1) Get to goal weight
2) Start treadmill walking and light weights(my big fear is saggy skin)
3) Maintain my goal weight
4) Be happy with myself

Can't wait to hear other goals! Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Happy NYE October Newbies!

My goals for 2014 are:
1.) Get some form of cardio at least 3 times a week.
2.) Hit my goal weight of 145...current projection is June or July.
3.) Start dating again...haven't dated anyone since the end of a 6 yr relationship this year. I hadn't really felt confident to launch myself back into dating at my previous weight, but I'm getting more confident now.

I might change these, but this is what comes to mind first.

There is a website I use to track my losses and make projections is modelmydiet.com which is pretty cool and kind of fun. You enter all of your losses into the tracker and it shows you when you'll hit your goal. Also, it shows you what you might look like at different weights using a cartoon woman or man. You can change the woman (or man's) features and body type to resemble your own. That part is not super realistic to me because my cartoon looks like she has a 6 pack and weighs 213 lbs...lol. I like the site though overall.

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-31-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

My goals:
1) Plan my meals, mindfully eat to fuel my body.
2) Plan exercise (3 x week minimum)
3) Love myself more.
4) Not be so serious - enjoy life and relationships more.
5) Read a novel a month, read more to my 4 year old twins.

Happy New Year 2014 - my fellow October IP friends.
My start date was October 30, 2014. I am proud of myself for most of my commitment to IP - especially after Christmas and staying on program for 2014 until I reach goal of 200 lbs.

Last edited by dlr9774; 12-31-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Here's to a healthy 2014

Hey all!

I know I've been incognito the past couple weeks.. I've been reading, but not posting alot. Personally, this is a hard time of the year for me, and I just kinda curl up into a ball and wait for the holidays to be over). Sorry if I came across as not as invested... maybe I've just been feeling stuck in a rut lately..

I'm not sure of new years goals, but I know I've got some health goals...

1) Make it below 300lbs (31lbs to go)
2) Become more physically active (walk the dog at least one mile a day)
3) Get back on track for writing in my food journal... (ARGH to that one.. not eating anything off plan, but I've been having a hard time writing things down because I'm not making time)
4) Hopefully later this year, make it to 180 so that I can go horseback riding.

That's all I can think of for now.

Maddy
Old 12-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I start IP Jan 1, 2014 again after my little break.

Goals

1)Plan ahead as much as I can food wise
2)Start to exercise-nothing extreme but gotta get moving again
3)Not to be so hard on myself -dont stress about the small stuff
4)Do stuff that I didnt want to do when I was bigger--not sure what yet?
5)Wear clothes that fit my body
6)Travel more
Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #8  

Just think how far ahead we are on dealing with our weight compared to 2013. Just wanted to say how proud I am of each one of you! During all of our ups and downs we have persisted, supported and achieved. I know that we will achieve our goals because we deserve- happy, healthy and FUN lives. Happy "New Us" in 2014!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2

Well, glad all the holidays are over. Had the BIG NYE MEAL last night and it so wasn't worth it. Didn't sleep a wink and woke up feeling hung over despite staying away from alcohol. But enough complaining about that. Here are my goals for 2014:

1) Reach goal weight with IP! And maintain it!
2) Go back to school part time.
3) Ride my road bike more regularly.
4) Try not to worry so much what people think of me.
5) Save more money for the future.
6) Travel!

Happy New Year to you all and good luck with reaching your goals this year. We can do it!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #10  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I am back on the plan and I am a little hungry but I will live!

My hubby helped me, slice, cut, chop and measure alot of veggies and pickles so I should be good for most of the week. I need to think of protein stuff for dinners.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #11  

Kawaii, sorry the holidays are a hard time for you, hoping you feel like coming out to play soon! LOL

Luccilove, great to see you back on plan, I know those pounds will be gone and they will take a few friends with them this year!!

Great to read everyone's goals! Also realized many of us will reach goal this year, put a smile on my face and got me scared as well!! LOL

As many of you know I am not going to a clinic and doing P2 as my 'diet' on my own at home so I can't ask a coach so I am putting this out there for you guys. I have read people phasing off before they go on vacation and then come back to P1 after to lose the rest of their weight. Is this is what is recommended? Does this make more sense then trying to stay on plan while on vaction? I go on vacation in March and want to be prepared since I won't be at goal yet. Any thoughts?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #12  

want2bskinnyagain--About your vacation--I asked 4 different coaches what I should do in advance for my cruise that I just got back from and all of them gave me different answers. By the way where are you going and for how long?

The only thing they all agreed on was that I should still keep taking all my vitamins daily no matter what I do.

I told them way in advance about the cruise and in hind sight they should have phased me off of P1 to P2 or P3.

Being away for a good 10 days was much harder then I thought it was going to be even though I took packets with me. The first 4 days was ok - I was still on land and did my crispy cereal for breakfast and then had my restricted for a snack at night. For lunch and dinner I tried to do 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies.

When I got on the cruise I was ok the first 3 days and then I couldnt do it - it was food overload and I was overwhelmed even though I knew the carbs I was eating were going to be bad for me. My husband in the end stopped telling me that I should not be eating carbs etc.

I will say this - eventually I was totally off the plan - had bread, cheese, bagels, muffins, desserts, etc. and once I had it none of it was like the best thing I have had nor was I really missing it. It was just easy to do cause it was there and everyone else was doing it. I was tired of thinking about salt and packets to be honest. So I enjoyed myself.

In the end I think I would have been helped a bit if I was phased off to another level but no one ever did (it was also very close to Thanksgiving and I was away for a week)

I know this does answer your question but this is what happened to me.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #13  

Luccilove, we are going to Waikiki HI for a week with our kids(9 and 15) in the middle of March. Thanks for you insight/advice, everything you said about your cruise makes sense to me. I still have a few months to figure out what I am going to do, but I know how fast time flies, so March will be here before I know it. I haven't really looked at P3 or P4 so I guess that should have been the first thing I should do and see if I think I can life with either one of those for a week. I just hate the idea of spending 2 weeks phasing off and then having to go back to what I am doing now, seems like I would be weeks behind in my weight loss. This whole wanting to be skinny thing is alot of work! LOL
Old 01-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #14  

want2bskinnyagain--

At the very least I would look at P2-P4 and see what u can handle and maybe try one of them for a few days before u go? Also take the P1-4 sheets with you. It is also hard to pack all those packets with you. At least in Waikiki u can eat a ton of fresh fish and sashimi.

I understand about not wanting to phase off but I cant believe how easy it was to go back to eating carbs-I had no side effects-wasnt sick or anything. I also knew how quick the weight would come back.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 AM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Of course everyone should do what is best for them, but you might read some of the threads that people have started about trying to get back OP after phasing off for vacation - for some people it's very, very hard to restart. I'd hate to see people lose their momentum and have a hard time getting back OP, especially those who have put in so much effort and $$$.

You can stay on P1 during a vacation if you plan ahead. Lots of people have very successfully managed to travel and stay OP. It's a matter of making up your mind that you will do it.

Like I said, everyone has to do what's best for them but considering staying OP should be an option.
Closed Thread