South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Deep Freeze Friday SBD Daily, 1/3

Good morning on this snowy Friday! It's feeling like -4* and covered with a thick 5" blanket of snow. I had my shower but put my PJs back on and plan to spend part of this morning curled up under the quilt on my sofa.

I realized that I never did get in here yesterday. Like Ruth, I got caught up in chasing down spammers, and lost track of the time.

So who's having to shovel out this morning? Let's enjoy a nice, hot cup of coffee first.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I haven't ventured out yet but we already had 6" by noon yesterday and it kept snowing. I'm guessing close to 12" again but this is very light and fluffy. It's bitter cold already, going into double digits below zero tonight. Poor Cricket just ran out to do what she had to do and was not happy about it. I need to get out and shovel her path and start my car but I'm waiting a little while. We were invited to a sledding party tomorrow but I don't think we are going for it.

I'm going to plan my food for the day and drink another cup of coffee for now.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We don't have that much snow - yet! Our temps are really bad though and I have not ventured out since Monday. Letting the dogs out doesn't count. They sure are out and back in a flash!

Today doesn't feel like Friday but it is. I see that I have a Quilting Biddies meeting on Monday which is also the day Donna and I were going to start back at the gym, fighting all the newbies. Unless this darn cold packs up and leaves, I think I'll be skipping both events. What a frassing waste of time and energy it is to have a cold!

Sorry for feeling grumpy. Another coffee and a dog cuddle will solve the problem. TGIF!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning. We only have an inch or two of new snow but bone-chilling cold. I need to go get some P1 groceries later but am currently hunkered by the woodstove with my coffee. I have been perusing the recipe section looking for inspiration. It is easy to get stuck in a rut which is why I am excited by the menu thread Cyndi started.

Today will also include laundry and cleaning as I slowly wrap my mind around going back to work Monday.

Cottage and Cyndi, remember shoveling is good exercise but bundle up!
Ruth, hope you feel better soon.

Going for a clean P1 day today; yesterday was close but not quite.

But first, more coffee!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Hunker down and stay safe and warm! We are very mild here today and I'm headed up to the project.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! It's 4 degrees here, with a real feel of -14. I just did some shoveling, it didn't feel that cold! Unfortunately, we only got 3-4 inches (and like Cyndi, very light snow - not heavy at all). We're in this little hole in the middle of PA that most of the snow bypasses us. It makes DH and I very sad.

Cottage - thanks for starting us off! Do you get to huddle under your blanket on your day off?

Cyndi - Maybe we should switch locations during the winter? I think a sledding party sounds awesome....maybe I should have one!

Ruth - DH would go stir crazy if he was in a house that long. He actually just got a wood permit, so he'll be going into the state forest to chop up wood this weekend. I think he waits for snow to do it .

Beth - the recipes are great motivators, aren't they?

I was able to stick to Phase I yesterday, just a bit too much of it. I think starting to exercise again is making me want to eat more. I might go for a run in the snow later, I love doing that. (crazy to most of you, I know)

Just finished the shoveling (DH did most, he was a bit upset I asked him not to use the snow blower at 5 am this morning (it is so freakin' loud!) so he did most by hand and left some for me), and need to finish laundry, get the kids going and get to work. Ooops, that means I'm running out of time....
Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrrrrr heat is set at 70 and the downstairs is only 62!!!!! I do love my old poorly insulated home lol Last night the wind was causing a draft in the fireplace so the pilot light went out a few times. I got brave and vacuumed the inside which seems to have really helped. Got that bad boy cranking this morning.

It is still snowing and a verily frigid 3 degrees here. Pups not happy they helped melt snow on the walkway. DS is still sleeping. I'll wake him later as I am enjoying the quite time. Going to make a huge pot of Kayln's smoked paprika and chickpea soup today. Despite being OP my weight is up. I blame it on hormones. I have not been "normal" since October. hmmmm

Let's all take a road trip to Debbie's and go swimming with her

When I retire it will be to a milder climate state. I just cannot tolerate being cold anymore yet I still enjoy snow. Sigh I have 9 years to figure it out lol

Stay warm chickies
Old 01-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I was able to huddle under the quilt until the phones started ringing. Now I'm dressed, started a load of wash, and have steam-cleaned the kitchen floor. Jake is outside with the snowblower and I'm going to stay in here out of the way.

Jennifer, I'll have to look for that Smoked Paprika & Chickpea recipe, it sure sounds good for today. I received my new issue of Vegetarian Times in the mail yesterday, and it has several interesting recipes for soups that I'm eager to try, too. Since we're supposed to drop to the single digits for the next few days, it's the perfect weather for making soups and stews.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I've been spending a lot of time on the computer working on trip album and then reading a book with my son's dog laying on me. We never let our own dog on the furniture - must be old age.

I'm back to work this afternoon for the first shift since my trip. Things will slow down there for the store and my schedule post-holiday.

DS has a friend flying in today and they plan to leave to drive back to CA tomorrow morning. I'm watching the weather and it seems he will once again be driving with snow. Darn.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and Happy New Year,

We are still on vacation. I am sitting in the living room of our cabin and DH is about to start the fire. We got about 4 inches of snow overnight, which has me worried about the roads as we are on top of a ski mountain with lots of windy roads. We are supposed to go skiing this afternoon, the temps should rise from 7 to 30 degrees so it will be warmer.

I have been having a blast with my BFF and mine and her families. Next time we will get a bigger cabin with 6 bedrooms so we can all stay together. They stayed down the hill in town at a hotel.

I hope everyone has been doing well and staying warm. Back home we got snow and more is on the way with frigid temps.

I will be back home hopefully tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-03-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Stay warm everyone!

Even *we* got 4 inches. I am home today hopefully nursing myself back to health (cold? sarc? who knows!) and am going through sugar/salty snack withdrawl like WHOA. We aren't 100% Ph1 til payday but one serving of whole wheat a day to use us the bread we have.

Happy weekending all!
Closed Thread