South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Happy New Year 1/1/14 Beach Chat

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!!!

Yeah I remembered!!! Hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve. Mine actually turned out nice. DS brought his GF over for pizza. She stayed until 11 then went to a sleepover at her BFF's house (her BFF works at the movies and did not get done with work until 11) We played bored games and laughed. It was great. DS stayed up with me to watch the ball drop.

Today it is a cleaning, cycling kinda day. Making roasted asparagus and twice baked cauliflower for sides. Joe is making venison cutlets (soooo yummy) I did make a big pot of Kayla' Chicken Sausage and Cabbage soup yesterday. So today's meals are all set.

What does everyone have planned for the first day of the year???

Cyndi I do need to read my "gratitude jar" today
Old 01-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR and 1st day of 2014!

Well, I made it as far as 11:15 before I crashed last night. I think the wine, followed by a concoction my DD made with Baileys and Peppermint Bark vodka contributed to my sleepiness, but I did have a good night's sleep.

So! Today's the start of a brand new year with a clean slate that we can do anything we want with. I'm vowing to keep my slate clean with healthy eating and getting some exercise when I can. I will be realistic and won't give up little indulgences now and then, but will keep them restricted to special occasions, but I will keep them to little indulgences and not an excuse for an all-out pig out.
Who is ready to jump on the band wagon with me?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OooooOooh, the gratitude jar thingee. Good reminder.

Thanks Jekel, for starting us off on the new year! Glad you had a fun NYE, and looks like NYD will be a good one for you.

I actually stayed up til midnight?!?!? We had a family over last night, since I didn't plan I handed all the kids a pot with a utensil. LOL...my son picked a metal one and actually dented my metal bowl! It was fun though, we all enjoyed it. I was please when the 13 yo boys told us to turn the tv off when Miley came on so they didn't have to watch it .

And then putting DS to bed last night, he has this weird thingee on his arm. Using Dr. Google, I'm kinda wondering if he has chicken pox (he's vaccinated), which would explain why he's taken naps the last couple of days. Hmmm...guess he won't go to school tomorrow...

And that means we're not going out in public today if that thing is still there. Great for me - I can cook and read and nap. Bad for DH, since he can't stand staying at home!

Have a fantastic start to the new year!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh, oh! I forgot the rabbit!

Jennifer, I'm glad your DS got over his attitude and you all had a nice NYE.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Cottage, you and me both! Your drink sounds DELIGHTFUL, I want some!

I am debating if I should do phase I today (not my original idea), especially since there's all this leftover bread (my friend works at Panera...) and double chocolate chip cookies. Of course, they might be gone at the end of the day, the kids sure did enjoy them.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We didn't mean to get up this early but miscommunicated and forgot to fill the pellet stove. We didn't run out but it was mighty low by 7:30. Once that was filled and the cats were fed it was time to get up.

Today is gratitude jar day. Tim worked last night so we saved our jar for today. It's very full so that will keep us busy. I'm making mulled apple wine, my last holiday indulgence. We had it at an open house and loved it, thought it would be perfect today.

My goals this year - healthy eating again. I've strayed too much with healthy treats so we are taking a two week break from any of that stuff. We aren't doing a full Phase 1 if we can avoid it. I want to work through the winter squash and maybe some apples. We are going totally grain and sweet free though. I don't think I'll ever work back down to my low weight, it's just too hard to maintain. I'll settle for a perfect size 10 with muscles.

Another storm is heading our way tonight and then brutally cold weather. Bundle up out there!

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-01-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I hope DS is feeling better. Keeping my fingers crossed it is NOT chicken pox. I remember how awful that was as a kid.

Linda I am with you, but isn't that how we "normally" eat. Yes this time of the year little indulgences seem to come more frequently. By the end of the month I think most of us will be settled right back in on SB. Fortunately there aren't any events/special occasions after today for meany time soon. Kitchen is purged which helps tremendously. I am just under goal, but am determined to get to 138 before the May bike ride. I am good with staying under 145, but it is easier physically to weigh less with some of the hills we face lol

Cyndi we are getting the storm too. I was supposed to go to the city Friday to
see a play (we didn't buy tickets yet) I think we will reschedule. Joe and I each kept a gratitude jar. We are going to read them today when he comes down. I think mine is fuller lol. I am doing another jar this year. A muscular size 10 sounds perfect!! I want to work on my core strength this year. No fancy gym or crazy fitness classes, just kettle bells and old fashioned calisthenics.

Last edited by jekel383; 01-01-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and welcome to 2014! By nine last night I was ready for bed but the New Year came without me. Today will be another quiet day at home since I don't want to spread this thing I have to the rest of the Village.

I wonder what 2014 will bring. Life is never boring.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning and happy new year.

Last night was the first time in years that I stayed up. We went to a restaurant where a neighbor's band was playing; it was a charity event and the place was filled and lots of people we knew were there. The music was actually quite good but so loud that we have sore throats today from trying to talk.

I spent most of yesterday on the computer organize and downloading and copying and editing photos from both our Alaska and Puerto Rico trips. Today I plan to start working on the PR album but I'm drained and think I need to just curl up with my Kindle. Must get to the grocery store; yesterday got away from me so we need some meal foods. Snow is forecast for this afternoon. Our son spent the night with friends so we are dog-sitting until he returns.

Have a great day.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year everyone

Very quiet day here. I made it to midnight with a little nap at 8pm. We never popped the champagne. It will wait for dhs birthday. Here's to everyone's health and may your year be filled with all good things
Take care
Sophie
Old 01-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 130/138/130

Height: 5'6"

Happy new year all. I've just re-joined this site after 1.5 years away. I am happy to report (I think) that I have the same 8LBS to lose as I did in june of 2013. (I'm in menopause, so at least it's not more, eh?)
I started phase 1 today (been living on phase 3 since 2003).
I never did phase 1, or 2 before (I lost weight just when the book came out). But quickly saw that my (then new) way of eating mirrored SB pretty closely, so I transitioned to phase 3 and use it to guide my daily eating.
Glad this place is still active! And thanks for being here.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Putting away Christmas/Hanukkah decor stinks and has taken up our day! Almost done, quick nap, out to spend an Xmas gift on dinner before it expires and then food shopping. Packed day!

Happy New Year y'all!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #13  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone.

Didn't do much today except go to the grocery store and get my nails done. Back to work tomorrow!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies! Just popping in to say hello. Big snow storm headed this way...my cousin will not be flying out in the morning as planned now.

NYE in Times Square was fun. We only got to 55th and 7th, but I was happy with that. And jekel, I have to say that every single officer we came across was EXTREMELY helpful and nice. We were very impressed with NYPD's presence and helpfulness. But man are some of those guys BABY-FACED! LOL My cousin kept saying "he's going to be quite the hotty when he grows up!" LOL

Eating has been HORRIBLE. Will fix that soon AND sign up for the gym. Gotta get back on track.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Happy New Year! Sounds like everyone made it through the evening OK and ready to start 2014! I stayed up wayyyyyy too late and slept in this morning. I am dedicating myself to getting back on plan, now that the holidays are over. I am going to make a breakfast egg casserole right now so I am ready to go in the morning.

I hope that you are all enjoying the beginning of the new year, and that this year brings you good things! And for you all on the east coast...stay warm in the storm!
Closed Thread