South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default New Year's Eve on the Beach Chat

Good morning on this last day of 2013. I wish everyone the best for next year starting at midnight tonight. We are heading into a stretch of extremely cold weather and I'm glad I can use my cough and sniffles as a reason to stay indoors. (I seldom get a cold but this one is a lulu!)

Got rid of my Christmas Eve party leftovers yesterday by handing them off to Joanne who is hosting tonight's bash. She left here loaded with fancy crackers, assorted cheeses and two big bottles of bubbly. I tried to get her to take the rest of the puff pastry things but she doesn't want to use her oven. If you know anybody who would like sausage rolls or mini-quiches, send them over. Luckily for me I can easily resist those things. (Cheese and crackers on the other hand are way too tempting.)

So it'll be a quiet Eve for the doggage and me - I may manage to stay awake until ten but no promises!

On we go into a new year!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Happy New Year!!

Ruth, sorry you're feeling under the weather. I'm feeling fine, but I'm still not sure I can stay up until midnight! Maybe if I have a cup of coffee around 6 pm, I could do it. It's just not in me anymore! Kudos to you for getting rid of all those goodies.

Luckily, the boss is letting me out early today, at 3 pm. That'll give me a wee bit of time to make a few things for friends coming over. After this, it's a strict phase I. My only thing is, is that I need to psych myself up for phase I breakfast. I did do well yesterday, though I had grapes for dessert, but that's okay by me.

2014. Wow, mom was right...it goes by so fast.

Last edited by TwynnB; 12-31-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE! It's coffee since it's too early for the bubbly stuff.

Ruth, I'm hoping your cold eases up today, and it's a shame that you'll have to miss the party.

We're going to have a quiet NYE here, just doing our traditional cheese fondue and finger foods, and Jake and I will probably fall asleep before the ball drops. I'm going over to the farm for a couple hours this morning to oversee a few things, but won't stay too long since Cindy and the girls will be away all day on a ski trip. And I must remember to pick up more sauerkraut for tomorrow's dinner since I just found out Monica and Carley will be joining us for the day.

I'm happy to hear that you made it home, Jennifer, and hope that your stepdad is feeling better.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! It sounds like most of us will be Phase One-ing it in the new year!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, all! I stepped on the scale this morning (had to see where I ended the year) and it was not good. I will be joining the Phase I gang, although I will not be able to go whole hog until Friday; we have a road trip to deliver DS2 back to NH tomorrow and Thursday and PI on the road can be tricky. I am relegating all remaining treats to the freezer or foisting it on the boys. Tonight will be a quiet night at home.

Ruth, hope you feel better soon.
Tammy, enjoy your evening with friends.
Cottage, have a great evening.

Happy Last Day of 2013 chicks!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning so glad to be home. Slept like a rock despite the DS whining how he is the only one of his friends not going out tonight. Too bad kiddo when you won't tell me what your "plans" are that is a definite no. I am certain he snotty today. He informed me he won't be watching the ball drop with me. I think I'll survive lol. Just trying to keep him safe.

Ruth Hope you feel better. I too am fighting off a cold and losing the battle.

Linda cheese fondue sounds yummy.

Tammy glad you get out early today.

I made my grocery list and planned what I will be cooking for the upcoming week. Joe is coming for dinner tomorrow if we don't get snow. Today is cleaning, grocery shopping and cycling. I finally have an appointment to get my hair cut on Thursday!!! I don't remember the last time I went.

I think we are all planning on P1, although I will include fruit. It is the flour and sugar that are my nemesis. I am down 5 pounds since the morning I went to VA. I know it is water, but when I carry water weight my face looks really full. Once I get back on track with my riding I know I will be OK. Let today be the start
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Beth safe travels. I managed to stay on P1 while driving to VA. For BF I had two eggs with turkey sausage (Cracker Barrel) Lunch was a chef's salad. I packed snacks mixed nuts and an apple (ok P2) but a much better choice than vending machines. Drank lots of water which forced me to get out of the car and stretch my legs some.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #8  

you're a good mom Jennifer! He'll appreciate you (later) for it!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, I do the same thing traveling. Eggs are easy to find for BF and I bring V-8. For lunch I search for salad and/or chili. It's dinner that can be out of control; you make the best choice you can and hope there aren't too many bad things hidden in the sauces.

As for DS, hopefully someday he will appreciate what you do for him, although it may not be until he is a father. I figure that is about the time my boys will do the same.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Its cold here today also. Do I get a sluggish feeling from everyone. Its going to be a quiet night here. We are skipping our annual french canadian new year's eve with friends. Dh and I still feel our colds hanging on. Dh bought some bubbly so I guess I will try to stay up till 12 but probably be in bed by 12:05.
Have a happy new year everyone and here's to a healthy one too
Take care
Sophie

Jen I remember many an arguments with my kids about new year's. That too will pass
Old 12-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy New Year's Eve all!

Sorry I've been MIA - not checking in because I started a job! After almost a year of unemployment...SMH I won't get into specifics because, well, I am not really happy with it but it's a paycheck and I am thankful for that.

We went on our cruise in December and had a good time, despite the lack of funds (we are lucky we plan ahead and pay for things ahead of time or else we wouldn't have even gone!) and getting the flu while on board (I don't think we stayed up past 9p most nights!). I lost 2 pounds while on the cruise but since then my eating has been crap and I am on more new meds because of the sarcoidosis (the meds I am not aren't working - prednisone and methotrexate, plus inhalers).

So, to recap, my eating has gone to the dogs for a month now (I let the holidays get in my way - I NEVER do that!) and I had to stop my C25K program more than half way in because of my breathing issues. I let myself sulk and stew and am now going to be one of those New Year's semi-resolutioners. Meh. I need to get into a new routine with work where I am not sabotaging myself because "it's easier" (I wake up at 6a, leave house by 7a, and because it's a 4-hour commute each day, I don't get home until 8p). I've gotten into a vicious cycle of sleeping all weekend instead of exercising and cooking well like I should! Plus, starting a new job, I've used meeting all my coworkers over lunch (where I wouldn't want to be too picky) as an excuse too.

But for tonight, it was a planned cheat for a year - and we purge the house and food shop tomorrow. Back on the horse in earnest, on Phase 1, come the 2nd. That way I've got no self stigma.

I can certainly talk about myself huh?

Ruth - here's to a warm and healthy 2014!
Twynn - lucky duck! last week we got out at 1p on Christmas Eve but not so lucky today. Enjoy!
Cottage - I will join you in that bubbly! Happy New Year!
Beth - see you on the Ph1 train!
Jekel - water or not, 5 pounds is awesome!!!
Sophie - Feel better!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm home! We got in late last night; our connecting flight from Philly was delayed. I did most of my unpacking before I went to bed because we'd turned the heat down while we were gone and it was COLD. Since our condo had a washer/dryer, we have very little of that to catch up on and got through most of the mail last night as well.

Just got back from the kennel where DS2 picked up his dog. Tonight we are going to see a neighbor's band play and I'll see if I can keep my eyes open in public. The past few years I haven't even tried to stay up until midnight!

My eating in Puerto Rico was horrible. Not that I couldn't have done better if I'd tried, but the local foods there include a lot of fried things and a lot of starches. Plantains and rice seem to be the standard side dishes.

It was a nice trip but I'm glad to be back home and to most of my usual routine. I'll spend today and tomorrow on trip photos of PR and also from Alaska, since my brother, who did most of the photographs from that trip, just posted them online. I'll probably do albums for both trips, the kind you upload photos and order online.

Jenne - Congrats on the job.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening Beachy friends I just realized I never made it in this morning. We slept in then ran a bunch of errands before Tim headed off to work. I've been choring ever since. My evening will be quiet until right before midnight when he gets home. Looking forward to some champagne at midnight.

We will both be on the Phase 1.5 train with winter squash and wine :eyeroll: I know, I know but I don't think it's the problem and we do enjoy a glass of wine when we have dinner together. If it gets in the way we will drop those too but for now the grains and sugars are out the door. We both need to drop some weight and Tim prefers sticking to whatever plan I'm doing so we are both eating the same foods. Exercise is also a high priority. Santa brought us kayak carts and we need to get in shape for summer!

I hope your evening is what you want it to be, spent with the one(s) you want to be with. See you all in 2014
Old 12-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I never got here this morning, either. Packing and readying the house and off to work by 5. We traveled right after stopping midway to do banking and veggie (smoothie) shopping. I can't live one day w/o my smoothie. House was fine and now Bing and I are on the couch waiting for Kirk. It's dinner then off to the pool. The pool stays open until 1 am W/fireworks. It's spectacular and the weather is quite mild...too many people for me. Fortunately it only takes 6 hours for a full flush of the pool....it will be clean by the time we get there tomorrow morning. Lol

See ya'll next year!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #15  

I made it to midnight! Woo hooo! Happy New Year All!!
Closed Thread