Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 02:12 AM   #1  
Pure Energy

Default Thursday 1/8/4 (Elvis B-day!)

It's 1am and I think I'm turning into a pumpking but that has too many carbs for me so I'm opting out of a pumpking and opting into a spagetti squash which I think is better for you

Reinstalling windows 98 on an older computer and generally getting "stuff" done. Doing "okay" Using lots of "quotation" marks because I "can".

Starting 3 to 11pm shift today. Had a nice enough weekend. Got to eat lunch out with a girlfriend yesterday which was nice. I was doing so well on plan and ordered an appetizer of the chicken wings but they ended up having a very light bread on them I think. I couldn't even tell if it was bread or what. I ate one in a what the heck because she pressured me into it. ( I know that's no excuse but when someone sits across from you and you ordered it halfsies with them and then say, "oh I can't eat those" then they feel bad and it's a weird social situation) and I ended up just taking them home for dh. Then I ate a steak and salad. Not too bad.

Hope you all have a good day. I'll check in with you later.
Jamesina
Old 01-08-2004, 07:13 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning All:

(Hope this isnt' a repeat, as my computer has been hiccupping lately!)

Well, not much to report. Now that I'm back to my regular working schedule (goodbye holidays!), I'm finding it so hard if not impossible to fit in exercise after I come home. I'm just totally wiped out after 9 hours on my feet. Can you count chasing an ED second grader around campus for 1/2 hour as Equator Challenge miles?

Hope everyone has a fab one and I"ll c heck in when I get home tonight to see the latest news on "Days of our Chicks."
Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I LOVE ELVIS !! I gotta post a picture of me and him, I"ll look for it asap. Hunka hunka burnin luv~~

Its been a little hairy here at work, so I hope to be able to catch up when I get home at night.

Hope everyone is okay.

Love Yah's !!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Here it is......... hope this works, had trouble posting it b/4.

Leens

What a sucky picture, I can't make it bigger, I will figure this out!

Last edited by Leens; 01-08-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:45 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Smile

I am finally IN!!!

It kept telling me that it couldn't find the website, I was getting scared maybe they shut down!!!

Anywho,
James, Sped, Leens:
Glad to see all of you ladies are feeling well!! (but tired!)

I am feeling pretty good, but sooooooo tired of being stuck in the house, The ice is worse than it was yesterday and to top it off a power line broke last night and the electricty was out all night long. We know what that means....no electricity....no furnace!!! OOOOOO BRRRRRRR!!!!

Hope you all have a great DAY!!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #6  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Okay, here is my Elvis "brush with fame."

My MIL actually DATED Elvis a long, long, long, long time ago!! How 'bout them eggs???

Not much to report from my end of the world. Came back from vacation, worked one day, then had 2 days off due to inclement weather and the fact that my work had no power. I'm back today, then am off tomorrow - and then back into full swing next Monday.

Not staying on plan 100% so not doing great... but my period from **** finally, FINALLY ended last week... so I feel better than I have in a couple of months. We're actively searching for a place to live, so that part of my life is at least progressing. I feel a little more in control of most areas of my life now that the holidays are over.

My mom is still being a total b!t@$ to my dh, unfortunately. So, holidays with her were a lot less than could be desired.

I have to go to her bridal shower on Saturday. Threatened to embarass her, but don't want to waste the money we don't really have on stuff she'll never even think about using. Don't know what to get her, because I don't really want to get her anything nor do I really want to go.

DH is still being a great SAHD and dd is really attached to him. I feel a little left out, but she loves me too. She loves the snow and ice and the cold - and is an adrenaline junkie.

That's our update from cold Seattle.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

I love Elivs, too!! Happy birthday, hunka burnin' love! Wow, Leens! You and Elvis! How cool is that?

And, Lisa, wow!! Your MIL dated Elvis?? What a lucky lady!

Has anyone been to Graceland? We went there for our honeymoon. It was great! We even stayed in the Heartbreak Hotel and ate lots of fried pickles and peanut butter and banana sandwiches. It was so cool to finally see Elvis' house after reading about what went on there. (For those brainy book chicks, any Elvis biography is a great book! )

Jamie: Glad you got to enjoy a lunch with a girlfriend. I wouldn't worry too much about the chicken wing.

Spedmom: I'm sure it is tough to get exercise in. Any little bit helps.

I've gotten up to doing "Pilates for Dummies" every other day now. It's still pretty tough, but I'm getting better. I can tell it's going to do great things for my body! Can't wait for that to happen!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Hey everyone!

TG - I couldn't get in earlier, either! I started into withdrawls all over again - WHEW! thank heavens that's over!

I'm still trapped in the house, too, but we've kept our electricity. I've decided that I kindof like working from home. I can work in my p.j's, I don't have to think about hair or make-up until noon, and I'm getting tons more done! Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

It appears that I'm down another pound today, but I'm gonna wait and tally it up at the end of the week. It's so nice to see things moving again. AND that first pair of size 7's that I bought a few months ago (total fluke, I swear) are getting big on me - especially in the waist. Yippee!!!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

WOW!!!! Whooooaaaaa babe!!
Hey Star!!
I just saw your new avatar!!!

ALriiight!!!! you look like a movie star!!!

Sexy thang!

Heeee heeee heeee you look great girl!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #10  
Head Princess

OMG - thanks! I was wearing my tiara around - as usual and DH got me cracking up and took the picture. I'll tell him he did a good job making me look good
Old 01-08-2004, 02:02 PM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Fabulous picture, Star!! You're one beautiful princess! You look great!! I love your hair.

I was locked out of the site earlier, too. Thank goodness it's back. Now, I don't have to come back and check every three minutes! I miss you all!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

TG: You snuck in, and I didn't realize it. Be careful with all that ice! No electricity? That stinks! I'm sure it was very cold! Take care!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:23 PM   #13  
Head Princess

Thank you, Jina! I'm blushing now

Hey - has anyone heard from Karen? It's been DAYS!!!! I'm getting worried!
Old 01-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

I haven't heard her....either, I hope everything is OK with her DD.

Maybe just having some mommy and baby recovery time. Mommy probably will take just as much time to recover as DD!!! I know I would!

Karen if you are out there Hope everything is OK and we are all thinking about you guys!!!

Jina & Star: I just made DH blaze a trail through the ice in the backyard cause our dog Pheobe got stuck in the middle of the ice rink, she is a Borzoi and they have incredibly long legs...well she got all splayed out on the ice and I had to go slipping and sliding out there to get her!!! She weighs 95 pounds...so you can imagine what a sight we were!!! Once she fell down I knew there was no way she was getting up again! Borzoi are big dogs but big and whimpy scardeycats.

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 01-08-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:41 PM   #15  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi all - just checking into the site quickly here.
I've been worried about Karen too so I just emailed her to let her know she and dd are in our thoughts and prayers.

Well I am still up my 3 lbs - but doing very well eating wise. Now if I could just get my discipline back on the exercise we'd be in business!

Need to finish up some big projects here at work so I will chat more tomorrow - have a good night everyone!
Closed Thread