Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Default Binge Free and Overeating Free in December

Hi Everyone,

I didn't see a new thread for December so I figured I'd start one. This thread is for anyone looking for support to end, limit, or understand overeating and binge-eating behavior. All are welcome!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #2  

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a tolerable Monday. I returned home after a week at my in-laws. After eating relatively well all week, I launched into a weekend of moderate binging. I know it is in response to the stress of being in someone else's home and not having control of my food/schedule/freaking room temperature, etc, all week (especially, of course, my food). Today I am back on track and feeling rather serene (though 4 lbs heavier than when I left )
Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i'm restarting my binge free and weight loss journey today. at the end of the month i'm returning home for holidays and i don't wan't my family to see how much i've balooned up in one month. i've had some crazy binges in the last few weeks. my weight is at the highest ever since i reached my goal a few years back.
i made a plan, now i just have to stick with it!

good luck to all of you who are on board
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #4  
Began on 10/25/13

Wow, can't believe I've been on the forum a bit more than a month and it's time for a new thread! Glad you started a new one, thesame7lbs.

I must admit that I didn't do so great with Thanksgiving. I mean, the day of was fine, but I indulged in leftovers more than I should have. No binging, but I meant to get back on track after allotting 2 days for Thanksgiving and one day of some leftovers, it was more like 3-4 days. Oopsie. Today was a good day though and I think I'm back on track

Also, my cousin announced on Thanksgiving that she's pregnant and due in the summer. Very exciting news, my cousin and I are close and I can't wait to watch her child grow up. Wish it was me who's pregnant, though. She got pregnant the first month she was off hormonal birth control. Hopefully by the time the baby is born, I will be pregnant as well!
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #5  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

thesame7lbs and missunshine— I hope I don't sound like a broken record on this subject, but if y'all have trouble with binging, I strongly recommend that you read Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge. She has a simple and powerful technique for how to say "no" to the urge to binge that looks to be a game changer for me. I'm really excited about it! Of course only time will tell, how helpful it is in the long run, but so far, I feel like a whole new binge-free person. (See my sig.) =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone. November wasn't a very great month for me. I didn't end up losing anything and think I gained about 2 lbs. I slacked quite a bit with my portion control, though I improved by the end. Had my birthday yesterday, which I decided not to feel guilty for and had a fairly unhealthy dinner (roast chicken, jacket potatoes, chicken soup), though I just had one piece of chicken. Anyhow, I'm determined for this month to be better. I'd like to restart my exercising which I haven't done for months, and I'm aiming for just 30-45 minutes of walking or swimming 5 days a week, which I think is doable.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #7  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Hello again

I have a new resolve this month to get back on track and mentally prepare for Christmas so I don't eat too much of anything! I managed to beat the binge last year where my weight gain stayed under 1kg, so I'm aiming to do it again this year. My new goal this month is to stop my midnight snacking. I've decided that I can't eat after 10pm (because I'm usually up until 3-4am). It worked last night, so I'm going to keep it up

to everyone else this month!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #8  
rockin' my 60s!

Oh man, I'm wanting to binge tonight. It's because I'm angry. Anger is my hardest emotion to just live with and not stuff myself with sweets.

But I feel stuck with this commitment I made not to binge for 30 days.

So....that's that. No binge for me. =arrrrrggggghhhh=
Old 12-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #9  

Fiona, I hope the rest of your evening got better! I think it's great you came here to post rather than give in!

My victory yesterday was eating well... [until book club, which was wine-and-dessert-heavy]... and then NOT continuing to indulge when I got home. I'm really proud of myself for not having more treats late night.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Mind over matter!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #10  
rockin' my 60s!

thesame7lbs— Thanks for the support. Good for you that you had sweets with others, but then did NOT indulge anymore after getting home! That's always a hard one for me: the "I've already blown it, so why not eat more?" craving. That's why I didn't go to my family's Thanksgiving this year: I was afraid that I'd give in and have a piece of pie, and then go on a binge in the aftermath.

Yes, my evening eventually got better: I just listened to the voice in my head crying out for sweets, making sure that I felt separate from it, until finally I was exhausted and fell asleep. That was the first acid test of Kathryn Hansen's Brain Over Binge technique. She says that once you start ignoring the voice saying "Binge!" that eventually it gets quieter and quieter until it goes away. I am SO ready for that. I feel really blessed that her book came along right when I am eager to give up binging completely, eager to put all this nonsense behind me. I kinda think that you do have to be very ready to quit, for her technique to work.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #11  
rockin' my 60s!

Tonight I've been beseiged with cravings for sweets. I'm eating macadamia nuts and trying to ignore the hubbub in my head. No binge behavior, just Zevia soda and macadamia nuts.

I hope I don't have to go through many more nights like this before the urges to binge die down and go away. This feels like giving up a powerful drug. I was a bigtime emotional eater for nearly 50 years, and this is the first time I've tried to give it up completely. I guess it's not surprising my brain is kicking up a fuss.

I'm trying not to fight it... just letting it roar without acting on the urges...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #12  
Updating my software ;)

Keep going Fiona, you're doing awesome
I eat when I'm bored or when my mind isn't busy and when I'm stressed too. Your mind will kick up a fuss for a little while, but it does get easier! Just keep going with what you are doing and you'll find one day that the urges are gone.

Last edited by Rhiko; 12-07-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #13  
rockin' my 60s!

Thanks for the support, Rhiko... I've been meaning to tell you: I love the picture of your beautiful cat! My husband and I usually have a pair of oriental shorthairs runnin' 'round our house, but we are currently catless, as we wait for our breeder to come up with a new pair of kittens for us. I've been surprised, these past several months since our last cat died, at how hard it is to live without a cat or two. They may be smaller than people, but they take up a lot of space in our hearts and our minds. =smile=
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: (HW:195) 185/182/148

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
Anger is my hardest emotion to just live with and not stuff myself with sweets.
Hi there,
I'm new - just today.
I am realizing that uncertainty, as it relates to my health, creates hopelessness in me which is my hardest emotion to live with without stuffing myself with sweets; specifically Reese's peanut butter cups.
Jubilee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #15  
Updating my software ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
Thanks for the support, Rhiko... I've been meaning to tell you: I love the picture of your beautiful cat! My husband and I usually have a pair of oriental shorthairs runnin' 'round our house, but we are currently catless, as we wait for our breeder to come up with a new pair of kittens for us. I've been surprised, these past several months since our last cat died, at how hard it is to live without a cat or two. They may be smaller than people, but they take up a lot of space in our hearts and our minds. =smile=
Thank you Hopefully you get a new kitten soon