Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #1  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Talking Meaningful, outrageous or fun things you have done to stay on plan

Another thread reminded me of something my close friend Susan and I did years ago. We both worked at a company that had a self-serve snack bar, where you would take junk food and leave money on the honor system. We worked together on the evening shift when there was usually only her and I around. The "snack bar" was torture for both of us.

One night we both just snapped! After discussing it very briefly, we both pulled out twenty dollar bills and purchased every item in the snack bar. Susan gathered up the entire stash and took it out to the center of the parking lot, where I repeatedly drove back and forth (in my car) over the "snacks" until all that was left was a pile of crumbs and lots of plastic wrappers.

OMG!!! We laughed till we cried (and then some) and forever had a special bond.

What meaningful, outrageous or fun things have you done to stay on plan?
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Meaningful: I have never resized my watch from when I was at my heaviest weight. It now hangs limp on my wrist as a reminder.

Outrageous: Going for a run on a morning when my wife was sick. Not my best moment or finest hour.

Fun: Everything and anything drink and exercise-related: bowling, tennis followed by beers, hashing (i.e. drinkers with a running problem) AND going to a restaurant with friends expecting to eat way off plan only to find it's a seafood restaurant and seafood is all I eat on-plan.

Last edited by IanG; 12-17-2013 at 09:05 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

getting my nails done every two weeks as a treat to myself for being good.
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #4  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Being given a carrot cake (my fav) and after getting home throwing it against the garage wall like you'd see cream pie gags on TV. It was so satisfying and made me laugh so hard. Then scraping it up and throwing it on the compost heap without trying a bit.

Bit like IanG I haven't had my medic alert bracelet resized. It use to be tight, now I can get it off without undoing it. I think I will have to resize it soon, it falls down so low now that it is starting to get annoying.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Bit like IanG I haven't had my medic alert bracelet resized. It use to be tight, now I can get it off without undoing it. I think I will have to resize it soon, it falls down so low now that it is starting to get annoying.
Don't do it jitterfish! It's a battle trophy. Wear it with pride. Buy another smaller one if you must, but don't resize this one and keep wearing it! I love my slippy, sloppy watch!

Nice work on your weightloss by the way.

Last edited by IanG; 12-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #6  
Hanging in the Heartland

Jitterfish,

Love the cake against the wall!! All of you have made me think about a trophy. I have gotten rid of my old cloths. Hmmmm. I am a regular nails person. I find it so relaxing!!!

D
Old 12-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #7  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

I hung a swimsuit in my goal size over my treadmill to look at while I work out. It helped.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #8  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Trophies are great I think. I kept one pair of pants from my heaviest, I've taken photos wearing them every so often and it is amazing to see the shrinkage.

IanG you've given me an idea, I might buy a new one as a bracelet and then put my current one on my ankle. Twice the chance of it being seen should it ever be needed plus the idea that it would fit around my ankle is mind blowing.

active do you mean you use getting your nails done as a reward? I've never had my nails professionally done but I have bought polish as mini-goal rewards. When I get to goal I'm intending on the full works though, massage, facial, mani and pedi.

sea what a great motivator, running to your thinner self!

Last edited by jitterfish; 12-19-2013 at 07:32 PM.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #9  
Hanging in the Heartland

I am still thinking about the trophy question. Hmmm. More challenging then I thought

Jitterfish, I can't say I do the nail thing as a reward. It is more like loving myself every day whatever my weight. it is a symbol for me that I am always valuable!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #10  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I ate ice cream knowing full well it was going to hurt my stomach to no end because then I wouldn't feel like eating anything else until it was dinnertime....ugh
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote