General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:30 AM   #1  

Angry Doing Our Own Thing - January 2004

Hey gang! Thought we'd better get it started again. Does this mean we get a do-over on resolutions too? Not that anyone has blown their resolutions, oh no...

It's another magical day at the office, gotta run for the moment.

Edited to add:

I realized I left something out - I failed to give a shout-out to any mods/admins/etc. that are prowling because they have done a fine job to get the forums back up in such a short period of time. What is a little lost history compared to the remarkable free service they offer all of us constantly and cosistently? Hooray for the 3FC crew, and thanks.

Last edited by Cafe976; 01-07-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #2  

Good Morning, was anyone else lost yesterday 'cause we couldn't check in? Cafe, I think you should start a Thread saying what you did about the wonderful job that 3FC's Crew does and let us all sign it, to show how much we appreciate all their time and work.

Cleaning out the old year's files and setting up the new ones today. Eating not so great but keeping up on the exercise.

Gotta run.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #3  
Long Lost Chickie

Ditto to what Cafe said. It's so good to see the forum again. But no, we aren't allowed to start the NY resolutions all over again. LOL.

Weighed in last night with a 0.2 lb loss and was thrilled. Then I opened my big mouth and vowed to my leader that I was going to lose AT LEAST 1 pound before the next weigh-in. Yes, that includes my trip to Ohio, the wedding and lots of restaurant food. Uh oh. Guess I'll just have to get to it. Anyone who wants to give me a (gentle) kick may feel free to do so.

Meanwhile, I'm still workin' here and am learning to take everything in stride - laughing when I could cry, etc. I've even ordered two highly recommended meditation and relaxation CD's and they should be in by the time I get back next Monday. Looking forward to learning something new.

Gotta get back to work now. Big project - last minute. You know the story.....
Old 01-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking Hola Chicas

I know, I am such flake! I show up every now and again. I WANT to be able to check in every day, but have found that to be way too impossible. SOOOO.....I just wanted to let ya'll know that I had my baby!!

She was born December 21st, weighing in at 9 lbs 12 oz, and 20 1/2 inches long. We named her Zoey Skye. And THE best part, I'm back into the jeans I was wearing in Nov of 2002 (when I was still losing weight)!! Before I had my gall bladder removed and fell off the wagon. Happy Dance!!

I hope everyone is doing great!!
Old 01-07-2004, 08:30 PM   #5  

Angry

Kudos to the 3fc computer gurus for getting things back in working order....and in the shortest time too! As of last week, I was a newbie at this site, vowing to finally get started on a healthier lifestyle.....so new, I don't even know if I'm on the right forum. No matter......forging ahead here!

Congrats to Dyan on the new daughter......Love the name!

I want to thank whoever gave me the wonderful advice on getting started with exercise......I have started with some low impact aerobics....and am doing a pretty decent job at watching what I eat. I got on the scale yesterday AM to find I had lost 2 pounds...WOOHOO! I AM ON THE WAY.....and was sooooo disappointed when the forum was down and couldn't share the good news!

I suppose I should set some type of goals.......other than just 'losing weight'. I hesitate setting the specifics only because I am afraid if I don't meet my goals, I will be discouraged and chuck the whole program. (I don't deal well with failure......can you tell? lol) So......should I just set a weight goal or put it in some kind of time frame? This is long enuf for now......talk to you folks tomorrow!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #6  

Good Morning Chickies, I'm in a great mood this morning, hope it lasts.

Dyanm, Congrats on that sweet baby. I wanna be mad at you for not coming around more, but I can't because I was so darn happy to see your post. Beautiful name. You have to fill us in on what's been going on.

MsRD, Altho I've been on some type of diet most of my life (maybe this makes me an expert to tell someone else how to do it even if I can't! ) Anyway my point is that I would not set goals that have to be met by a certain date. As long as you do the best that you can, you will meet your goals. Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. We get too hung up on numbers, so I wouldn't even weigh or measure but once a month. I for one, was addicted to the scales and my weight determined if I was going to have a happy or sad day. Don't let this happen, now I just go by the feel of my jeans and only weigh every now and then.

So how's everyone doing today? Back later.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #7  
Long Lost Chickie

Whew. Haven't been able to get in here today. Must be me???? Anyway, have only a minute. Boss just got off to the airport and is gone until Jan. 21. Woo Hoo!!!

Meanwhile, I leave tomorrow morning on a big ol' plane to Ohio for my niece's wedding and won't be back until Monday. I only hope I can eat right and make you all proud.

In case I don't get another chance (probably won't ) I just want to say goodbye and everyone be good!

P.S. Dyan!!!!! How wonderful to see you and hear the news. Congratulations. I love the name too!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #8  

Boy what a mess to fix! You ladies did a superb job, tying things back together for us and we applaud you big time!

Hope everyone is doing well today. I am up and raring to go the last few days. I went out and walked 2 1/2 miles today and froze (36 degrees) then got half way out and it started raining so I had to walk home in the rain, wind and have been freezing ever since. Told my sister this afternoon I think I am going to get back in the shower to get warmed up again.

Dyan: Congrat on the new one!

MRS: My opinion of goals is this, first off they are very very very important. Some of us do well by having a date/weight loss goal and others don't . I think one thing that works well is a goal that WHEN you lose lets say 10 lbs you do something spectacular for yourself, a massage, pedicure, new handbag, whatever you can afford and rings your chimes! I kind of set goals with events, such as my son getting married in April I want to have 30 more lbs gone by then. If there is a special reason, a lot of times, it helps us to stick to it. I am SOOOO glad you are exercising though. I cannot tell you how much it helps. My tubby self can't believe I am such a proponent of exercise, but it is literally saving my life! Just make sure you pick something or a few things actually you LIKE to do so that you will stick to it and not get bored.

Tonight is Chicken Fried Rice night. I made Jack lemon pepper chicken and me the rice last night and he kept sticking his fork in my pan and sampling my dinner then said, "I love fried rice." This is the man who tells me he hates Chinese food! Boy, I just cannot win, so I told him I would make it again tonight. It is low in fat, lots of veggies and I LOVE Chinese food! I have laid off carbs today so that I can have 2 servings of rice.

Well, better go and try and get warmed up!

Faye
Old 01-08-2004, 07:54 PM   #9  
I'm back again

Hi everyone!

Welcome to all new people! How's everybody doing?

We have snow flurries tonight and it's cold out there!

I'm still on South Beach but not losing much more yet. Have added the stairs at work to my routine but need to climb on the treadmill again.

The pets are doing well and so are the kids. Had a bit of nasty flu here in recent weeks but all okay now.

Just wanted to buzz in and say Hi and Happy New Year to all. I'll be back later in the week.

Bright
Old 01-08-2004, 08:00 PM   #10  
I'm back again

I forgot!!!

Is that our Dyan that stopped in???

Congratulations on that sweet new baby girl!

Great to hear from you, girl

Bright
Old 01-09-2004, 08:08 AM   #11  

What a week! First I get sick, then I can't get in here. Double Whammy! Makes me grateful for my health and for the chickies that keep this site going for us.

Dyan! Congrats! Beautiful name. And, getting into old jeans

I'm looking into a couple of things right now. DH backed out of joining the gym with me...I saw that coming. So, I'm thinking Curves...or maybe weightwatchers online. I also have a friend that said she would walk with me when the temp gets above freezing again. I'm having such a hard time spending the money on something like that for myself. It's a "stay at home make no money hang up". I do all the shopping for the house and family, but rarely spend on myself.

I'm feeling like a big homer right about now....
Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone! I have been juiced up this morning, getting upstairs and half the downstairs cleaned, feeding the animals and cleaning up the cat grass, taking out the trash, doing a load of laundry! WHEW it is good to feel back in the groove. I am down 8 lbs since the beginning of the year and am working hard to make that dress look fabo for the wedding.

Tig: Hey kiddo, us stay at homers need outlet. One of the hardest things I have to deal with is not having friends here. Jack's work is not condusive to it, shame on us have not found a permanent church and aren't working very hard at it, and I don't really get along that well with dd. I have one good friend, but she has some things going on that don't make her available a lot. You are kind of in timbuktu also where you have to go a ways to find a group, but it would be well worth it for you to spend the money and do it! You deserve it and you need it. You are always telling us about all the stuff you do and some of it sounds like it would be tough for a logger to do, so don't feel guilty about it!

Bright: As usual, you always seem to be doing well! Hang in there, you will start losing again!

Need to get back to the cleaning so TTFN

Faye
Old 01-09-2004, 09:55 AM   #13  

Good Moring Ladies, and Happy FRIDAY!

Tig, don't feel guilty about spending the money, anything that you do to make you feel better, will benefit you family. We all know the saying "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." That's a true statement, generally the house runs so much better if we are in a happy place. YOU GO GIRL!

If any of you have a chance, pick up the January 16th copy of Woman's World. There's a big write up on the exercise program that I have been doing, T-Tapp. I'll have to say that I haven't had the results that they have, but I can see improvements with this program that I haven't had with lifting weights. Just have to learn to stop eating when I'm satisfied. (Sounds so simple when you write it, just very hard to do for me.)

Faye, when you get finished please come to my house. (You think your DD's bad...........)

Gotta run for now.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:54 AM   #14  

Semo: My house is done, but I have a few rules for my cleaning house. I don't pick up, that is your responsibility, I don't do laundry, I don't do windows, though I will wash glass doors, you must make a list of what you want done and I follow it including what products to use where. Ok, so when do you want me?

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Faye
Old 01-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #15  

Gee whiz Faye, keeping it picked up is 90% of my problem. Like I've said before, exercise or clean. Somehow I can't do both. So what ya gonna do for the rest of the day? Jack is back working right?
Closed Thread