South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wintery weekend Beach Chat 12/14 & 12/15

Good morning and welcome to a winter wonderland! We were delayed in Atlanta, but walked in the door around 12:45. So happy to be home. Did not sleep well at all. Darn brain not even home a day and I can't shut it off. On a happy note only up .6 from my trip. To me that is success!!!

Well I would be one of the crazy people running to the store, but it's already coming down. Looks like eggs for dinner

Have a great day and be well
Old 12-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel, and glad you made it home safely. Up 0.6 is awesome!

It is supposed to snow heavily today, I was a wee bit disappointed that it didn't start before I woke up. I love waking up to it white and beautiful!

For those that asked - DD didn't make it to the concert, and DS didn't either. He came home at 11 am acting sick like she did. I think he was fine, but then he was so scared he'd pass out in front of everyone (since he almost did yesterday, and did in front of the class last year), and we didn't force him to. We'll see if he gets the fever she did, 13 kids were out as of noon yesterday!

I go to work shortly, then off to find a Christmas tree maybe, if snow allows. DH wants to go out in it of course, but on a good day his 4WD truck can barely get up that tree hill!

I need to plan some yummy hot soup...
Old 12-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

a fly by on my way to run errands before the crowds. We aren't expecting snow until late this afternoon but I have a busy day of baking ahead so time to get moving.
Stay warm wherever you are!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer! Glad you made it home safely. Looks of white knuckle driving going on in our area the last few days!

The storm is supposed to hit us mid- to late-afternoon so DH and I will fill the woodrack in the basement before we go to the craft fair and then to BJs for groceries and final present shopping.

But right now we have hot coffee and some of River Girl's PB muffins. Anyone want one?

eta- wow! what a simul-post. I click on mine and 3 appear!

Last edited by Beth19; 12-14-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Last night's soup was good enough to keep but could use something to add some flavor. Maybe I'll do broth for some of the water next time. And I can report that both DH and I thought Ender's Game was better as a book than a movie. I'm working this afternoon and tomorrow. Hopefully it will be busy with holiday shoppers. This evening we are babysitting our newest great-nephew; I think he is around 2 months old.

Have a great weekend. Keep warm!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And I was in here just 25 minutes ago but got distracted by doggie needs and then by another coffee!

The storm is going to hit us right about dusk, just in time fro the light-up of Celebrate the Season. I imagine there will be very few visitors since the driving will be horrorshow. There were lots of accidents yesterday from black ice and white-outs so I'm sure most people will stay home. I am closing the Mill to tours tonight because I cannot have volunteers in there in the extreme cold. (The Mill is always 10 degrees colder than outside. No central heating in 1810!)

Enjoyed an early Christmas with my "other" family last night but was a tad disappointed it wasn't turkey. The Birthday Boy chose the menu - noodles, meatballs and salad. Rob and John picked me up so I didn't need to drive - there are advantages to being a frail old lady! I have pea soup ready for lunch on this cold day and a flank steak marinating to be grilled for dinner. I will not be going outside to do it on the BBQ!

Was able to pick up my car from the collision centre yesterday and it looks wonderful! (I think the Christmas cookies did the trick.) They not only did extra body work but thoroughly cleaned the inside of the car - "detailing"? It sure looks wonderful although I am a tad embarrassed because I suspect there was still earth in there from my May garden centre trips!

Stay safe and warm, Beachies!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Our storm was here this morning and has now passed us by. We might be going out this afternoon. I need to get started on cleaning, all I have done is laundry. I did get my Christmas cards done but need to go to Post office to get some more stamps before I can mail them out. I will have to do that Monday on my way home from work.

Stay safe to all the chickies the winter storm in the path of.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

-31 with the windchill tonight. I have been home out of the storm since 2, had a wee nap, watched Steel Magnolias and am now doing some Christmas baking. I plan to hibernate for the rest of the evening. Wake me when it's over, OK?
Old 12-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

chicks, we are gettin' some SNOW here! Yeeee-hawwww!!

(Ruth, should I wake you to join me playing in the snow?!)
Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Our "big" snowstorm was a bust. It was supposed to start around 9, but didn't until 3ish, and now it's turned to icy rain & sleet. I think we ended up with about 2" of snow.
I spent most of the day baking cookies and finished up my Christmas shopping online while the batches were in the oven, so it was a productive day, although now I'm broke until payday. And Dad mentioned to my brother that I was making cookies, so he stopped in, and between him, Dustin and Jake, they were gobbling them up as fast as I was making them, plus Brian took a plate of them home with him, so I'll probably have to make more so I'll have enough to give to our neighbors.
Tomorrow, I am doing nothing!
Old 12-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I didn't get here yesterday....got news at 5am that BIL is in hospital in Florida...long term. I switched gears and got some cards in the mail before work. Family is coming together yet I don't really have any options for leaving here while caring for my mom. They do understand that. One day at a time....

So, today and tomorrow I work at the restaurant then head to the project. I'll try for some home stuff inbetween. We did put the tree up. It looks nice and I'm glad we did it....my initial thought was to keep it bagged this year. lol

Well have a great day everyone! I'll be thinking of you while I'm slinging the hash.lol
Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Good morning I've just finished my first post shoveling cup and ready for another. We were up at 4:30 to clear so Tim could get to work for 7. The town made one pass on our road, probably several hours ago. Hope he can get out to the main street.

Yesterday I gave the new stove a workout, three kinds of cookies then two kalyn recipes for dinner. It's wonderful! Last night i made homemade eggnog to put in overnight cranberry eggnog oatmeal with steel cut oats. That made the early shoveling a little easier.

Debbie that's a tough one.

I'll be back later.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sling some hash this way, Debbie, I woke up hungry. I'm really sorry to hear about your BIL and it's good that everyone understands why you can't be with him. Is your DH going to go see him?

Cyndi, I'm glad you are happy with your new stove and you sure did give it a good initiation! Be safe out there on the roads!

We ended up with a total of about 4" of snow with a thick coat of ice on top of it, so the snowblower is of no use. Dustin will plow our driveway but the sidewalks will have to be shoveled.
I don't plan on going anywhere today, except for maybe taking some cookies to Dad when the roads get cleared. My plan is to work on my cross-stitch and nap all day. Let's see if that actually happens.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

So far we have 13" in our yard. Can't even see Cricket in her potty path. Tim made it to work without trouble. He has chains on his truck for days like this and they paid off this morning.

Well, I've got my list for the day made. I'll do a couple more baking projects and get some other stuff done around here. Just 3 more work days until a long vacation
Old 12-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Well good morning! We have about 7 inches and it is still coming down. DH and I both agreed it is a shame to waste a big storm without a snow day.

Spent yesterday running around: craft fair, groceries at both BJs and the regular store. So today will be laundry, a little wrapping, maybe some cleaning. Depending on when the plow guy comes we had thought about going to an auction, but probably not.

Debbie, sorry about you BIL.
Cyndi, I have a hard time baking and not eating it all!
Good luck on your lazy day, Cottage.

Guess I will load up the washer. I took a turkey breast out of the freezer to roast this afternoon but I think I needs a little time sitting in cold water to thaw. Yum!
Closed Thread