South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/195/175

Height: 6'1"

Default Oat Meal/Porridge

Good morning everyone!

I bought some oat meal yesterday and wanted to make some porridge (w/ water and skimmed milk) for breakfast but I was wondering if there was enough protein in porridge- I exercise a lot and eat protein for every meals...maybe alond with two boiled eggs or porridge for dessert?
I am on Phase 2

Thanks in advance for any advice

Stefan
SouthBeacherAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You may be more interested in overnight oats (I found you can even do it within a couple of hours) - it's even measurements of 3 items: oatmeal, yogurt, and milk. So, I do 1/3 each one, with blueberries and cinnamon, and set it in the fridge overnight.

In the AM, I add pecans and eat it cold. Some chicks here have warmed it too. I find that oatmeal alone does almost nothing for me, but adding the yogurt in really helps satisfy me, probably because of the protein and calcium.

I can't tell you how luscious this tastes to me!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I don't find oatmeal very filling at all. Lately DH has been making me his morning concoction: steel cut oats with flax meal, hemp seed, walnuts, chia, and berries. But even with the added seeds/nuts it doesn't satisfy for long. I do better with more morning protein, like you.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote