Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 09:29 AM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Come In Everyone! - Jan 7

Wow - an earthquake on the internet - and we have lost some of our stuff!

Karen - you wouldn't happen to have a list of trekkies? If not just recreate the thread and I'm sure we can all remember our contributions so far? What about the Valentine's day challenge - need to resurrect that too.

I was home yesterday with a MAJOR BAD HEADACHE - totally drugged myself and still in pain come evening (so no exercise yesterday by the way). Eating was off track a bit as I am battling the PMS monster.

Today feeling okay and back at work as I actually slept last night.

Karen - how did the surgery go? We are all anxious to hear that everything went well and your dd is beginning her recovery.

Jamie - are you enjoying your days off?

I am starting to clean up my office and files pending my last day here on the 16th - how depressing? I am sad to be leaving and only slightly excited to start at the new place!

Other exciting news: I was awakened by my dd at around 6:45 am (okay the alarm was about to go off) with a whisper in my ear: I just got my period!....that got me out of bed pretty quickly! Had to rummage thru my supplies and try to find something suitable.....she was not impressed with the "wings" and I think I will need to visit drug store later today to stock up on some supplies for her washroom! I told her not to have sex with anyone now as she could have babies!...that got a big smile out of her at least!

My pants feel tight today as I am kinda bloated. Need to eat some breakfast and drink MORE WATER!

Freezing cold here today - going down to -27 celsius tonight which is pretty darn cold....also cold tomorrow (had to take dd's pink jacket out of the hall closet to force her to wear her blue down filled ski jacket which I KNOW will be warmer - when will kids ever learn to dress warmly?)

Hope you all check in soon!

Froufy
Old 01-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Yay, we're back, albeit with a few bumps and bruises. How odd to see posts from waaaay back in November up on the front page.

Froufy, that's cute how your daughter came in so early in the morning to inform you!

And I'm cold too. It's so sad to watch the news and hear predictions of highs of -21C for tomorrow. The high! What are they trying to do to us?! Ah well, I suppose it *is* that time of year.

I hope everyone else is okay!

Later, Julie.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Yeah I am in, I am in!!!!!!

Well ladies I missed you guys yesterday!!

OOps we lost our trekkie count!!! I guess if everyone can remember their miles and post it that will be easy for Karen to add up again.

WOW Foufy that is something to be woken up too!!! My niece is 10 and got hers last summer, IT WAS A SHOCK!!!

HI Lekker~

It is sooooo cold here, we had snow all day yesterday and then now we had an ice storm last night. I can't even get out my front door.....it is frozen shut!!! I spent all day in the house downloading pictures yesterday, so I will have plenty to share soon. Yesterday was also DS birthday!!! He is 4 years old. Both DS's have their birthday party on 1/11 for the whole family. (other DS turned 2 on 12/21) so they have a joint b-day party. We are going to pizza.

KIM>>>>Did you see BNL last night on Sharon Osbourne show???? It was soo funny, and they ran around the set in G-strings!! LOL

So happy to have the boards back!!!!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 01-07-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #4  
Head Princess

It's so nice to have our little forum back! Even with the loss of information. We can always rebuild, right?

Froufy - Hope the headache is better. And way cute about dd starting her period and not wanting wings. OMG I couldn't live without them!

Lekker - you and Froufy don't freeze up there!

TG - Hello! All across our icy **** today! I spent an hour laying in bed this morning listening to my neighbor try unsuccessfully to get the ice off his windshield.

I worked from home for a while yesterday and then had quality time with dh since the light rail lines were down and he couldn't get to work. We may be in the same boat today.

Ugh! I'm going to do 20 minutes of pilates soon just to stop the yucky cramps. And what gives with that??? I still have a patch on!

Have a great day - I'll be back!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:08 PM   #5  
Head Princess

Oh!!! I forgot to mention - the 3 week stall seems to be OVER! Oh please please please! 10 pounds to go to the v-day challenge.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:20 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hi, ladies. Boy, it sure is good to be back. I'm sure we can get everything close to back to normal in a few days.

Wow! Lekker and Froufy: Stay warm! I can't imagine temperatures like that!

Star and Theo'sgirl: Be careful if you're out and about! It sounds like you've got some nasty weather as well.

I lost a pound at my weigh-in Monday night. I was happy to lose even that! As a group, only three people lost weight over the holidays, for a total of six pounds. The rest of the group gained over 40 pounds! Yikes!

I'm so close to the 170s. I'd love to dive into them next week. Hopefully, I can manage that. If not, I guess they'll come sooner or later.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Take care!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #7  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Default I'm here....but very busy at work today!

Just wanted to wish Froufy congrats for her daughter!

and very much wondering how Karen's dd did on Monday.

Theo's girl - no I missed BNL. Even though I love them, I'm not a fan of the Osborne's so I didn't see her show. But I will be seeing them on 2/18! Yipee!!!

Bye all for now - I am back on track with eating....but not with my exercise routine yet. I will get there though very soon and I will join the trekkie's.

Hi Julie!

kim
Old 01-07-2004, 12:33 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: Congrats on breaking the stall! That's great!! And, it definitely deserves some dancing bananas!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #9  
Pure Energy

That is exciting about the period. In a way. I hope to have a girl. If I do, when she gets her period, I want to have a low key party for her to celebrater her rite of passage, make it really special with tiaras and pajamas and lots of dancing around with silliness. Of course she may want none of that. <sigh>

I'm doing pretty good. Worked out both days and that feels good. I'm feeling really out of it today for some reason. Not sure why. I do feel really, really cold though. I can't wait for spring. I think I'm going to move in with Jina.

I feel really bad for the forum running people. They put a lot of work into the new system and to have it all crash must be very hard for them. I'm so sad for them. I did go through serious withdrawals though, checking off and on all day, "Is it back yet?" Moping around the house a bit whining, " I miss my girls" to dh who just rolled his eyes. LOL.

Well, gotta go to the store. Hugs ladies. Glad you're back.
James
Old 01-07-2004, 01:46 PM   #10  

Default Yeah, we're back!

Hi everyone, great to have you all back.

We need to hear from Karen about her dd. I hope she is fine.

Froufy: Too cute about your dd. I'm with her on the wings...I had to use those lovely things after my surgery for the first couple of weeks! HATED IT.

Star: Congrats....hope your good fortune rubs off on the rest of us

jdoggmartin: Way to go on the loss over the holidays...wish I could say the same but it is coming off so that is all that matters.

Theo'sgirl: It is freezing here too in MA. We are supposed to be at 5 degrees this weekend for the Patriots home game. Glad I don't have tickets Stay warm.

Check in with you all again later.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:00 PM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

James.
I was like that too, and my DH was like "if you check that one more time!!!" LOL I did some moping too. James love you new Ghandi quote, I changed mine too, but it is not so deep!!

SP: Great job on breaking the stall!! That is EXCELLENT! You go girl, but not to far it is icey outside!! LOL

Kim: people either love the Osbournes or they hate them, I am on the love them side, but Sharon's show is miles away from the Osbourne show on MTV, she is pretty straightlaced on there. BNL was very funny and they did a song too. I am sure you know the one about elephants on a postcard?? Then since the show was a pajama party and everyone was in jammies and sitting in bed, they did their song and then all the sudden they threw off their pants and all of them had g-strings on, all of the audience and especially Sharon was so surprised!!! The guy that was hosting with Sharon jumped out of the bed and ran away and the singer guy with the mohawk, chased him around the set! It was really funny and they blocked out all the private parts of course! I am so happy you will get to see them in concert...FUN FUN FUN!!!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi again! Back from my successful meeting with my supervisor. She was in a super good mood today, and seemed to even think that it might be even possible for me to be done my thesis before the summer - I'd be super surprised if that happens, but if she seems to think so, then hey, maybe I can.

Star, Theo - I think I prefer the cold weather to ice! Poor you two...though we still have some ice hidden under the snow and it is a pain in the butt. I'm constantly thinking "ok, be careful, don't fall. But if you must, at least make it look graceful." Jamie, maybe we should all move in with Jina!! Of course, this very cold weather is doing wonders for our outdoor skating rinks and my skates definitely need more use. I even bought long underwear especially for my outdoor skating excursions.

Theo, that's kind of funny about your door being frozen shut! It happens to my car door all the time. Sometimes I even entered in through the passenger door and kicked it open from the inside. Then, with luck, the car starts.

Star, Jina - way to go on your losses! Good holiday girls, you are.

Hi Kim & Jane!

You know, I totally forgot about getting my water levels back up to where they should be ... it seems that if I'm not on plan completely with eating and exercising, I'm not on plan with water. It's like all or nothing.

You know, I was just talking with some of my grad-student colleagues here, and they told me that in some countries in the middle east, like UAE (United Arab Emirates) that they pay you different wages depending on the country you come from, so for example, if I were to work there, I would get paid maybe twice as much as a Canadian than someone who was from India working there. Very strange, eh?
Old 01-07-2004, 05:09 PM   #13  
Head Princess

I'm all for moving in with Jina! I'm packing right now and as soon as they let planes fly out of here again, I'm GONE!!!

Seriously though, my back yard is like a skating rink! The poor puppies have no place to go potty and they just slide around when I try to get them outside. I feel kindof guilty for laughing so hard at them.

I'm working on and off today. With around 40 thousand employees in Oregon and Washington, it's pretty hard to find available connections into my company. Fun! Work for an hour, get bogged down, go play a game or work on my puzzle from Christmas.

This isn't all bad!
Old 01-07-2004, 05:42 PM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Well DH finally got the front door to open!!! The ice is about 2 inches thick on it! He is trying to ge to the store to get the kids some milk. OUr Backyard is a total ice rink too, I will try to post a pic for you guys to see it, all the trees are so heavy with ice they are touching the ground, and the crackling sound is creepy!!
All 4 dogs are boycotting going outside but I just made them and when they finally stopped slipping enough to go potty, they were so relieved Star could probably hear the sigh of relief all the way at her house!!!! LOL (Star I had to laugh at them too and Jean Michel our 7 lb toy poodle is just being a drama king about it!!)

I am going to HATE seeing my gas bill for this month!

I got my lazy snowbound buns off the couch and did my Richard Simmons Tape ( I know I know, but I love him!!) and I feel pretty good now, and all ready to go but stuck in the house!! YUCK!!
Oh well.

DH is staying home from work, his work is closed. My work is pretty much closed so I am staying home, too.

Lekker: I finally am just getting my water level back up where it was. But it is good we need it!! Congrats on the good meeting with your supervisor!! DH is still outside trying to get the car door open!! hahahahaaha!!!

Talk to you guys later.

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 01-07-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #15  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Oh my! So much catching up to do....

Lekker: What's your thesis topic? How exciting to be almost finished!

Froufy: That little comment that made your daughter smile would have made mine tell me I was disgusting and go running to her room. Such a prude? Where DID she come from?

Theo's Girl: My husband was also going crazy, what with me getting up every 1/2 hour to check on the "internet earthquake." Bad, bad, bad withdrawal.

Karen: I've been thinking about you! How did it go? My best to the little one. Trust me, things will be sooooooo much better now in the ENT department.

To All in the Snowbound Regions: Did I mention it was in the low 70's today here in AZ?

Star: Yahoooo! I'll bet it was that bellydancing!

JDogg: Great news on your weigh in -- Give a shout when you hit those 170's and we'll do a banana dance.

All is well here, but I've hit a serious stall during my induction period and I'm keeping under 10 grams a day. At first I thought it was the salt from the homemade jerky, but now I just don't know. The last time I Atkins was about 4-5 years ago. Then, 3 years ago, when I was 39, I went into premature menopause. I wonder if my ability to lose has been affected by my hormones? I'm grasping at straws here!

Missed everyone, have little to share, so I'll catch up with everyone later.....
Closed Thread