Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'6"

Arrow 17 things that suck about being a little bit fat

My apologies if this article has been posted here already. I found that i could relate to it and figured that a lot of ladies here could as well.

17 Things That Suck about Being a Little Bit Fat

1. Depending on what you’re wearing, you can either look borderline thin or borderline obese. One false move — one ill-fitting shirt or unflattering pair of jeans — and all of a sudden you’re FAT.

2. People who haven’t seen you in awhile tell you that you look “healthy” and then you cry because you know that just means that you have a fleshier mid-section.

3. Nothing fits exactly the way you want it to. And then when you want to wear something too big that hides your body, you just look even fatter. Only truly skinny people can look good in oversized clothing. If someone a little bit fat wears something that’s a size too big, it just looks like an unfortunate accident.

4. You start to wonder if strangers see you on the street and identify you as being fat. You don’t weigh enough to have it be a unanimous decision but there certainly are people who would describe you as being “bigger.”

5. You can’t tell what’s natural curves and what’s the product of sitting on your *** for the last 25 years.

6. You only really think about losing weight when you see yourself naked. Other times, you’re just like, “Meh. I don’t think I’m fat enough yet. I’ll just wait and see what happens.”

7. There are three rolls on your stomach. Everyone has the first two rolls but the third one is reserved for people who are a little bit fat, such as yourself.

8. Your family used to make fat jokes about you at Christmas because you were always pretty skinny. Now they just don’t say anything.

9. Sex with the lights off. Always.

10. Everyone you sleep with is skinnier than you which makes you feel bad, like you’re not keeping up your end of the 20-something bargain or something.

11. You notice that everyone started to eat healthier except for you. You are the only one who’s still ordering pasta at dinner. When did this happen? When did everyone agree to stop consuming carbs? Was there a meeting about this that you didn’t know about?

12. Your clothes from three years ago still fit. You just look fatter in them.

13. You’re not fat enough to want to change your lifestyle, even though you feel more and more uncomfortable in your own skin.

14. You hate every piece of clothing you own but you avoid going shopping because you can’t bring yourself to buy things in a bigger size.

15. You know it wouldn’t be that difficult to lose the weight which makes you feel even lazier and more pathetic.

16. You see yourself gaining weight in places that you didn’t even know was possible. Like a fat collarbone? Who has that?

17. You know the thing that comes after a “little bit fat” is “actually fat” so start changing your life now! You totally will. Just after eating this plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

numbers 1, 3, 4, 12, 14 and 15 really resonate with me . But I'm gonna do my best to lose 25 pounds so i don't have to feel this way anymore.
KittyCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I only agree with point 1. You put me in a Dolce and Gabanna slim fit 15/38 shirt and I rock it.

Put me in a Dolce and Gabanna Gold slim fit 15/38 shirt and I am burstin' the frickin' buttons and thinking "oh sh!t".

But my biggest issue is whether I am a featherweight yet?

That would be awesome.

Last edited by IanG; 12-10-2013 at 12:05 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #3  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCarlisle View Post

numbers 1, 3, 4, 12, 14 and 15 really resonate with me . But I'm gonna do my best to lose 25 pounds so i don't have to feel this way anymore.
#14 especially for me - no clothes fit, don't want to invest in more "fat clothes." NOT #12 (none of my older clothes even fit at ALL any more, no matter how much I squeeze in!!)

# 15 yes, lazy and pathetic

#1 and #3 for sure - nothing fits right and most clothing seems to make me look worse than I actually am... according to me

I'm with you Kitty - same height, same goal (though super-ideally I would maintain around 129, I have all but given up on ever seeing that weight again).
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #4  

2. People who haven’t seen you in awhile tell you that you look “healthy” and then you cry because you know that just means that you have a fleshier mid-section.

This is depressing and so very true for me.

13. You’re not fat enough to want to change your lifestyle, even though you feel more and more uncomfortable in your own skin.

I am VERY relieved that I never felt that way, not even at Featherweight stage. I only adjusted down to exact #s of where I want to be once I realized what I looked like at certain weights, but I always had a particular look that I was going for.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #5  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
1. Depending on what you’re wearing, you can either look borderline thin or borderline obese. One false move — one ill-fitting shirt or unflattering pair of jeans — and all of a sudden you’re FAT.
I relate to this so much. I can wear one pair of jeans that are cut a certain way and not have a muffin top..I will feel great all day..then the next day I can wear another pair of jeans and there seems to be so much flab hanging over my jeans I find that the happier I am in what I am wearing the better I am mentally with what I am and am not eating.

Quote:
16. You see yourself gaining weight in places that you didn’t even know was possible. Like a fat collarbone? Who has that?
I have noticed this lately. I used to have super thin and "dainty" looking ankles and calves..now they are "thick" and shapeless..I go from thighs to my feet it seems like. Also, I know I've gained too much weight when that little area between the thighs rubs when I walk. I used to be so proud of the fact a year ago that I had a space there

My own personal favorite thing I hate the most about concerning my clothes and weight-the fact that certain items no longer look appropriate unless I am wearing a type of "control" top garment..a few years ago I didn't know what those things were.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

SO many of those resonating here too. Oversized clothes? More like, I'm wearing a tent. Damn boobies
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Ian--you are definitely a featherweight!

I can relate to #1 as well. To extend that thought just a little...I was once a bridesmaid in a wedding where I was in the "a little bit fat" category. The other bridesmaids were all very slender, with the exception of one who was obese. The bride and her mother strategically had me stand next to the obese bridesmaid in most of the pictures. In each of these pictures, I look very overweight. In every picture where I am standing with a thinner bridesmaid, I look completely normal. Such a weird phenomenon.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #8  

Another one is having to diet secretly. When I was at my fattest, it was "OK" to openly work on diet and exercise. However, being in super overweight working environments, and losing the final lbs, I would look silly if I openly expressed it.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'6"

i can also identify with number 8 somewhat. I was in the lower 140s when I first started at my job 2 years ago. that was back when i was running 25-40 miles a week. my coworkers would make comments about how thin i was and how they wished they had a body like mine. those comments have since ceased.

to expound on numbers 12 and 14, i went in for an impromptu job interview yesterday. i didn't have time to go out and buy a new outfit so i had to work with what i had. I already have nice interview clothes but they were all bought back when i was thinner so nothing fit right. I must've tried on my entire closet. I ended settling on the one pencil skirt i could get zipped and a cardigan that i could get most of the buttons buttoned. everything was too tight and i was bulging in places. i felt so uncomfortable, especially when sitting but it was all i had. i'm afraid that i didn't do well during the interview due to being so self-conscious and now i'm afraid that my tight clothes probably didn't make a good impression.

i'm so over carrying this extra weight. it's more than looks, it's also about being confident and comfortable which i am not right now.

off to the gym.
KittyCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for posting this. I totally needed to see this. I'm kidding myself here. I'm on the verge of something good. I took before pictures and waiting to be much less sick.

Have a plan to go in the morning to relieve stress both about my job and the weight. Really hope to be thinner. I like to fit into those clothes well. Want to like what I see in the mirror. Feel good in my own skin.

Not fat enough is not a thing. I shouldn't accept that. I'm not happy being like this so it is too "fat." Time to be happy and comfortable not sad when I look in my closet and sadder that I don't feel okay to buy anything else either.

My main problem has been apathy over this situation when in reality I'm sad. I've organized many other things fixed all kinds of problems. This is the only one that I haven't been able to make sense of and stick to. Time to make that last change.

Yey for 2014 keeping up money resolutions and resurrecting a commitment to health and fitness.
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

I can relate to 1, 4, and 15. Especially 4. I don't feel I'm in the "definitely thin" camp yet, I'm too close to the line. One person could say, "She's thin" while the next could say, "Nah, she's chubby".
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

Hahaha: definitely identify with 3 and 15!!!
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:03 AM   #13  
etta

S/C/G: 185/178/150

Height: 5 foot 9

4 and 5 are my life right now. Do other people think I'm fat? I do have "curves", so maybe I can pass as curvy, but my "curves" might just be fat deposits. *shrug*
ettaheynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 131/128/120

Height: 5'3

18. Somedays you think you dont look so bad, then you see a girl with a really nice body rocking a great outfit and think to yourself... ****!! im overweigth :-( ,.. LOL
Nikolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/183.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I can definitely relate to a few of those. But the one that seems to really resonate is 13, until recently when I did decide to do something about it. I have to do this for me and no one else!!
SMeeker71 is offline   Reply With Quote