Old 01-07-2004, 09:09 AM   #1  

Talking back door friends #3

I am back. Hope all is well. I can't wait to hear about your lives. I am so upset that the forum crashed. I don't know what everyone else has been doing, so catch me up guys.

Write soon!
autiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #2  

Default Well, I'll tell ya

Kris, thanks for starting us back up. I have been searching for the OLD one and could not find it. I hate for the crash too. It must of been terriable for that much data to be lost plus their email is completely lost. What a headache.

I need to change my profile but I'll tell you what I'm up to... THREE FREAKING POUNDS! Can you believe I gained that much? I knew I would show a gain but three pounds???? UGH! Oh well, back to the drawing board. We were gone to Mississippi for New Years and it was non stop eating sweets mostly from the moment we arrived till we left on Friday. The weather was cold at first when we went into Mobile to Bellgrath gardens to see the lights but it quickly warmed up and we even arrived home to Spring like warmth. But, the warmth did not last long. It is back to usual January weather even for the south and I'm thinking FLORIDA. As you can tell I do not do well with winter.

OK... details Kris. How was your holidays? I hope everyone finds us.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:53 PM   #3  

Hi everyone..wow alot sure has changed what a mess for the 3fc's to deal with..welcome back kris hope you had a great hoilday..donna..am sorry for your gain..but i like your attitude..just get back with it..gee i should follow my own advice we are still in the midst of remodeling the bathrm..the new floor is done..tile in place.. the potty hooked up(yaaaaaay!!!!)and today they are putting in the fan and the start of the shower..i never imagined what a project this would turn into..my dh did tho..no wonder he put it off theres tools and cords everywhere.. sawdust and sheet rock dust on everything..the only safe area is the kitchen..i will be so happy to get it done..my sil's mother is doing better..shes been out of icu..but is acting like nothing happened and the phyc drs said to wait till she talks about it all..they are transfering here to a phyc ward today and i guess shes mad about it..i sure hope she didnt do this for attention ..if so she still needs phyc help..im having a hard time fathoming the why of this but am glad she s alive..hope you all are having a good day..im going to cook a pot of chix stew..as my dd and her dh are coming tonite to help..so want to have an easy supper ready..will check in later rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #4  

Default From Dana

I'm not able to post on 3fc so I thought i would write to you instead. LOL
It takes me to the sign in page and after I sign in it will bring up the
page that says "thank you for logging on..." and takes me right back to that
same sign in page all over again. I can read the posts though. Maybe it will
fix itself once everything gets back to normal on there. For now, here's my
post. LOL

Donna I had the very same disease last week. The GAIN 3 POUNDS disease. I
lost 1.5 this week however so it's possible to lose it in fractions all over
again. Isn't this bitter cold weather awlful? I've heard we could have a
mix on thurs. night into friday morning. I don't like mixes (only the cake
kind) LOL but love the snow however.

Rosey I'm so happy for you that your potty is fixed and your bathroom is own
it's way to recovery. I agree that your dd's MIL needs to be in psych
regardless of her situation and why she's done that. Even if it was
attention, what if she succeeded?? What did she do or did you say? Any
attempt can be a success but I know you know that.

Summer I"m worried about you and hope you can post soon so I can "read" it.

Nothing is going on here. I did manage to lose 1.5 pounds this week despite
TOM creeping on me. I haven't actually had it yet but I feel it so close
today. It should have started a few days earlier but I guess this is the one
thing that's better late than never. As for the news DH got last week,
nothing more has been said or progressed about it. He went back to work
yesterday and today so unless he comes home with something today, he didn't
yesterday. In a way, I don't expect anything to come out of it. Not that I
don't think he may be the father of that girl because I do believe he slept
with her. He wasn't here for 6 months so he slept with somebody. (that
sounds awlful). But really, if she thought it was his I don't know why she
waited 7 years to mention it. Would you? I would have had financial help
when it was smaller if I had been crazy enough to put myself in that
situation.

Anyway, we agreed that for now we wouldn't even let on like he got that
letter. There's more than one person in that plant with his name and it was
delayed 2 weeks from the date of the letter until the day he got it so it
went through a lot to even get to him.

Well better run. Today is DH's 30th birthday and he'll be home in 3 hours
and expect something. (cooked that is). Hope you all have a great evening
and hopefully I can post sometime soon.

Dana

__________________________________________________ _______________
Check your PC for viruses with the FREE McAfee online computer scan.
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963
Old 01-07-2004, 07:59 PM   #5  
stbakd

welcome back kris
dana: to your dn

glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #6  

Rosey. I'm glad that your sil's mom is doing some better. I hope that you get some answers but you know when it comes to matters of the mind sometimes there is never a clear answer for the ones without the problem. I will hold her in my prayers. I know you have a mess but it sure will be worth it when it's done. Would love to see pictures!

Summer, are you STILL having puter problems? I spoke with her last night and she had been on the phone all day with tech support. Today I saw her as well and notified her of where we are now and she replied that she couldn't talk, that she was online with tech support. I'm so I tell you these things can sure be a pain. I'm sure that Suzanne and all the rest of the 3fc officials feel the same way. What a blessing, but what a curse.

Glen, glad you found us.

Dana, I'm so glad that your dh hasn't had anymore surprise notes or news. There could be many reasons if that child is his why she is just now saying something. The child is 7 and they do ask a lot of questions. Maybe she had to tell her the truth or maybe after all this time she felt maybe she was wrong from hiding it from him or just like you all may suspect she is in the need for help because we all know how expensive raising kids are these days. I just hope no response from him will be the right thing to do in this matter but I feel for the child too. It's not a good position to be in is it? Tell him from me too!

Sheree, how was your Christmas? ARe your kids back in school?

Elena is back in school but we sure are having a hard time getting her to settle in for the night at a decent hour. Her birthday is next week and she is so excited about it and she's been way too much! LOL

Daphne, is it still snowing? I feel for you sweetie. I would love to see some snow but the ice is not what I do well with. It is supposed to be very cold this evening as well as the rest of the week.

Kris, how are things? How is the job going for your dh? Did you enjoy your time with your family this Christmas? I thought of you when I was driving through Alabama on our routes to and from Mississippi. Not near you but still you reside in the state! LOL

Well, I'm going to end for now. Hope to hear from the rest soon.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #7  

Hello Everyone... I have been so flustrated with this pooter..
It has been a total pain on the rear.. and then some..
Why is it when tech support says
"Now its all fixed you should have NO More Trouble with it"
HA HA HA HA..As soon as you restart the thing oops there it is..
I am sorry but I get so mad..You have to have so much Tech Knowledge or you are in deep Trouble..for now it looks like it is working so we shall see...I just feel compleltly drained..No More brain power....I dont have alot to spare..LOL LOL LOL
I am so sorry for 3FC.. I wonder what happend..The only thing that scares me is a virus doing this..I sure hope not..see I am paranoid now with all this happen to me..I guess I will get over it..
We ate out cause we had Dr appointment..Jim is doing great and me to except for our weight..The Dr. said to really try to work on it and we are..We had salad and fish for dinner..so is thats good especially eating out...Well its good to be back.. I sure hope that this pooter takes pitty on me and behaves for a change..

Rosey..I am glad that things are coming along with the bathroom remodel.. I hope that when the dust settles and all the mess is gone you can say.."Calgone Take Me Away"...
I will keep your SIL Mother in my prayers I hope she gets the help she needs...What do you put in your Chicken stew?? that sounds so good especially tonight as its freezing out..The temps have really took a nose dive..its only been around 30..BURRRRRRRRRR..Have a good evening

Kris..Good to see that you are back... I hope you well let us all know about your trip and things were over the Holidays..
How is you job doing??? Have a good evening

Donna.. Thanks for posting about Dana.. I sent her a reply to her email..I hope that she can get back in here soon..I am sorry about cutting you short today on IM.. I had Tech support on the phone and it was something else..I didnt mean to be so short with you but he was in my pooter..We were sharing..I dont know if you know that that means...but I bet you do anyway I had to go fast..and he was talking to me it was tooooo much..
Its been a NIGHTMARE.. I need to learn so much more... I get a headache from it....Yes they are a blessing and a curse is so TRUE....I bet Elena is excited about her Birthday..She is a bundle of energy.. I wish she could give me some of it ...Dont worry about the gain..as you will get right back on track and lose it..I know you will..I weighed at the Doctors and they almost had to call a ambulance for me..When I saw how much I weighed I almost fainted........It really hits hard when you see it.. I was in shock........I couldnt beleive my eyes but I could beleive my clothes..Unreal...Now I have to get movin..
We hope to buy a Exercise bike at Costco soon..I plan on using it everyday and Jim too..Thank-you sweetie for being so understanding about all my pooter trouble today..and for posting Dana's Post..Have a good evening

Dana.. Way TO GO ... on the 1.5 Loss I knew that you would start losing...I hope that I can say that one day soon..
I am glad that things seem to be better at home and that you can post soon... I hope that you are not having problems with your pooter..if so I feel for you..
Please tell DH Happy Birthday...Have a good evening

Mr Ken...Good to see that you can post..
How things with you???
Have a good evening

Daphne...I dont know if you can get in here or not..Hope that things are good with you and that you are NOT snowed in..
I sure hope we dont get any snow to speak of..I dont like the "White Stuff"..Not good..:lol..Have a good evening

Sheree.. I guess you are really busy with the house and the family
I hope that you can post real soon..We all Miss You..Have a good evening

Last edited by summer1; 01-07-2004 at 10:03 PM.
summer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:29 PM   #8  

Hello Everyone... I really cant understand whats happening to my computer lately.. Again it messed up last night..More hours on the tech support line..today..well I am not gonna say anything cause when I do..Boom There it is..
I have to laugh or I will I tired to get in here earlier and it would not let me..I am really wore out with all of this..I pray that it stays working for awhile..
Between my computer probs and this site being messed up..what can I say......
I hope that this site gets fixed as I am sure that Suzanne is really upset over all this and I dont blame her.. I know how she feels..

I hope that ALL of You have a great day..I have to get somethings done around here that I have neglected while trying ot get the pooter fixed..Its amazing howe many hours it takes to fix a problem...I hope ALL of You have a great day..
Hope to be back later...
Love to All....
summer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #9  

Angry

Hola!
Hope all are well. DH and I are working on getting all credit cards paid off this year for our New Year's Goals. I think we MIGHT be able to get them all paid off this year.

Christmas was wonderful. I wish I was in Indiana...I really miss it. I will be travelling a lot in the next couple of months, so get your suitcases ready girls and Glen!!

Glad we are all slowly making our way back. Take care. I'll write more soon.

Kris
Old 01-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #10  

Kris, my bags are packed! Where are we going?

{{{{{SUMMER}}}}} What is going on with your computer? Is it the connection or the machine? What kind of computer do you have. By chance is it a DELL???? Anyway, I sure pray that you will finally get down to the bottom of all this and be problem free.

Well, I have been OP even exercising more than I did before the holidays and stepped on the scales this morning... (I know, shouldn't have) and I'm up another pound and a half!!! OK, I'm not going to get too concerned because your weight can fluctuate from day to day but I've been soooo good since coming home. Oh well.... I guess what worries me is that am I slowly gaining all this weight back? I don't know what I'll do if that happens.

The weather outside does not look promising. There is a chance of frozen rain tonight and I am NOT looking forward to that. I bet you all are tired of me always complaining. I'm sorry. The gloomy weather always makes me low and with this weight stuff it has really got me down.

Well, I'm sending the for the rest of you guys.

OH! Daphne I hope you are not without power. I saw on the weather channel there are parts of Washington State out of power!!! I sure hope that is not why you haven't been here to post lately.

Talk to you all later.

Donna
Old 01-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #11  

I think I can post now. I will write and then see......

Donna thanks again for updating everyone on my situation. I couldn't get in here at all today until now. I don't know if it was a site problem or on my end. Like you said about your weight, it moves all over the place on a day to day basis so I"m sure it won't seem that bad once you weigh next week. If it is, I'm sure you will have more than one person right there with you- probably me. Remember DH had a birthday yesterday and he did have a small cake.

Rosey I hope that everything in that bathroom is back into place for you. I don't see how you used a bucket for a bathroom. When I was pregnant with my soon to be 11 yr old we lived in a 2 story apt. and the bathroom was upstairs. I had a bucket downstairs for the last trimester because DH worked evenings and everyone was afraid I would fall downstairs. I couldn't stand that. I eventually started staying with my mom and then he picked me up on his way home at night. I hope that your SIL's mom is doing better and that she can accept and have success with her psych help.

Summer I'm so sorry for your PC trouble. I know what you mean about tech being in your computer. When I worked at staples we had tech support that would have to come in on our main computer system a lot. It was scarry at first. It was always funny for one of the younger people to walk in the office and see it. They thought it was spooky. I have been having trouble here but only on this site. I finally had to delete my cookies and then it would let me sign in the right way. After that I couldn't get in here at all.

Daphne I hope you are ok and can post again soon. I have seen it is a mess over there. I guess the kids have been at home all week. Yesterday was the anniversary of our 12 inches of snow we had back in 1988. We were out of school for 2 weeks. Of course we ended up making that up and didn't get out of school until late june.

Sheree I hope you can find us and can post soon so we can hear about your holidays, house and how much weight you've lost now.

Kris I think if I were "childless" we could get out of debt some and get rid of the credit cards. That is such a wise thing to do. I wish we could do things over again before we had kids and then maybe we would be in a house by now.

My sister was suppose to sign a contract on her house yesterday so they can start building soon. She said her payments would be $650 not including the taxes and insurance. She doesn't have any kind of housing responsibility right now.

Hi to glen and anyone I missed. I'm going to try to post this to see if it works this time. I will save it first.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:48 PM   #12  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi there we will see if this will work. Well we have finally hit 33* for the first time in like a week now. The ice is slowly melting and now we have to worry about flooding and ice chunks breaking off and hitting something or someone. You can literally hear the ice fall of the roof and trees and crash to the ground. We have like 6" of snow with a layer of ice underneth it and a layer of ice on top of it. It is a mess out here. I am going cray with the kids here and Jason here now. I have had the kids 5 of the last 7 weeks. Now that is cruel and inhuman torture.
I will post more later on but I am also having comp trouble today and yesterday. I came to get on the comp and it was off????? I didn't shut it off last night cause I forgot. I pushed the button to turn it on and nothing..... checked all the plugs and nothing once again. Finally I pushed the button one last time and it came on. Maybe it is just to cold for my poor baby to want to turn on!
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:22 PM   #13  

Hi everyone..we are having a wind storm..its 1 above zero out but seems colder with the wind..we are waiting for dh friend to hook up the water to the shower..then im kicking everyone out and im getting in the shower and im not coming out till im all pruned up this has been more than i ever thought even with all the help we have had..just wanted to check in and see what every one up too..Rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:03 AM   #14  

OK guys the travel itenaries for this spring are:

Weekend of Jan 16: Fairhope to see Beth Moore (maybe New Orleans. too)

Weekend of Feb 7: To Indiana for my cousin's wedding

Weekend of Feb 14: ??? not sure-hubby's suprise for V-Day

Weekend of Feb 21: To Indiana for my Dad's Hall of Fame induction

March 19-27 to France and Italy (with my bonus! )

Pack your bags and come on! The more the merrier! Hope all are doing well and have a great day!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #15  

Kris, I'm so jealous! I want to be with you to see Beth Moore!!!! She is absolutely wonderful!

I am packing my bags right now!