Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.5/192.5/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Need help to lose this weight!

Hi. I'm a 33 year old single mother. I made an account on here years ago but didn't keep up and unfortunately I've put on a lot of weight.

I'm feeling pretty terrible about myself and am desperate for some motivation and support.

I know that exercise always makes me feel better but I am so bummed lately that I just cant get moving. Instead I eat. And eat and eat.

I haven't dated since I split from my ex husband 4.5 years ago...mostly because I feel so self conscious.

I feel like I know what works, its just a matter of turning that switch in my brain.

I need to be accountable. Are there any new challenges on the forum I can join?

I'd love to have a weight loss buddy too!

Nice to meet you all!
mnicole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi mnicole22! BACK! The November Weight Loss and Exercise challenge threads are just coming to a close, but the December ones will be starting up in the next few days. Look for them under "Chicks Up for a Challenge" in Support Groups and feel free to join in! I know it can be very difficult to get away from the habit of eating all the time, especially when you are feeling down or stressed, but you can do this! I discovered I have a carb sensitivity and found that getting away from carbs made my transition away from overeating much easier since carbs were triggering my hunger. You might want to pay attention to the types of foods you're gravitating to, and if they are breads/grains, pasta, potatoes, and/or sweets, it's possible you too have a carb sensitivity and the sooner you can limit or eliminate those foods, the easier it will be to get back on track. I wish you the best! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #3  

Thanks for the nice welcome and that December challenge sounds great!

Yes those carbs are definitely a problem for me. We have a love/hate relationship. I tried low carb and failed quickly. Then I tried no carb after lunch, which was a bit more manageable.

I think I need to do a kitchen sweep and make a plan. I've never been great at following diet regimens but I need some way to keep on track!

I appreciate the info.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Hi mnicole!

Welcome to the forums. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. It's hard not to be bummed when first starting out, I think everyone feels a bit of dread about it... but I think you are short changing yourself. You don't give yourself enough credit for what you have done, and that is confronting it. After all you decided to come back, you decided to do something about it! To me, that already speaks volumes, because it's so easy to go back to burying our heads in the sand.

So chin up, there are a lot of great resources here to tap into. ^^
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #5  
Kat091177

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up I too need to be accountable.

I totally understand. That is why I joined today!
Kat091177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #6  

Hi Nicole
I am 33 years old too and am looking to lost some weight too! Good luck to you on your journey you will do great!
amandaf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #7  

Thanks for the nice welcomes.

I feel good today...like I can really do this. I know not every day will feel like this so I'm enjoying it.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #8  
Food Wrangler

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'5''

Nice to meet you! And welcome!! (:
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote