Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #1  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Default Daring December Running

Welcome to the December Running Thread - hope everyone is still mushing through the winter temps. Please feel free to add any/all running posts here!

Last post in November thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
I also did a Turkey Trot yesterday morning. It was 14 degrees and the entire course was covered in hard packed slippery snow - people were falling all around me. It sucked. Terrible time that I'm too embarrassed to post!!!

I think I got 2nd in my AG.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

I can't believe its December now!

I ran my first half marathon on Sunday. It went great! My goal was to run the whole thing and I did! I finished in 2 hours and 17 minutes. Already signed up for one in early January.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #3  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

4miles Monday,2miles on Wed. it was 25 and windy.Busy week coming up working full time also getting things ready for post surgrey.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Woo hoo! While the midwest is facing horrible weather, here in Northern NY we had a HEAT WAVE today! It was 50 degrees on my lunch run. Windy but GLORIOUS! I ended up getting out for lunch really late and was starving. That and the weather allowed me to run 7 miles in 54:53!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I did a pretty slow 30 minutes on Tuesday. Legs just died 1 mile in. Maybe I need to wear the warmer pants? I walked another 15 minutes to make up for the short run. While I was out, I got invited to my first Bikram yoga class. I went for it - wow! It was a whole different kind of intense!

I'm planning on a run Saturday morning - I'm hoping for a decent longer one.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #6  

Devadiva-Good luck with your surgery!

Jen-Wow, that is a heat wave! You are super fast. I wonder if I'll ever reach that speed

Riddy-Good luck on your running.

Not running quite as many miles the next few weeks to allow myself to rest and not get burnt out. I will still do a long run but drop it down to 8 miles or so.

There is the St Jude Marathon in my area this weekend. Unfortunately, it sold out in July before I started running So, sad to hear about and see reports on it and not be able to do it. Oh well
Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Well, I only ran 30 minutes again today. I saw the trainer yesterday, and he kicked my butt (and legs)! Maybe next time.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #8  

Had some crazy weather yesterday. Not as bad as expected but enough to cancel the St Jude Marathon. I wasn't doing it anyways... There are a lot of dissapointed runners though.

Managed my first long run since my half a week ago. I did 8.5 miles. It was pretty cold at 20 degrees with a 8 degree windchill temp. I was warm though. Had on several layers.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I got 15 miles in today - it was extremely cold but I was fine except my hands FROZE despite THICK gloves. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thought I might break the 8MM at the pace I was going, but as I got colder I slowed down and ended with an average 8:03 mile - still not too shabby for 15 miles!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #10  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Hello again

I've started running again after taking about 3 weeks off due to stress and a sudden, strong aversion to running. I've gotten over all that and I'm back into it, but the dislike is still there and running is hard work. Not to mention that my back between my shoulders is sore again, so I either need a new bra or to tighten them again.

I have noticed that I'm running faster. Instead of doing a pace of 6.50 m/km before I had my break, I'm now doing 6.30 m/km--which is great. I'm still annoyed that people keep passing me though! Every time

Looks like everyone else is doing great
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 142/112?/Happy and healthy :)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
I got 15 miles in today - it was extremely cold but I was fine except my hands FROZE despite THICK gloves. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thought I might break the 8MM at the pace I was going, but as I got colder I slowed down and ended with an average 8:03 mile - still not too shabby for 15 miles!

Jen
I wear mittens over my gloves and that seems to work! It's bulky but worth it for the warm fingers
laurlaur429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #12  
Get It

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

I am getting back to loving running!

I ran a 10K in a snow storm and 20 degrees F temp on 12/7. Ran pretty well considering I haven't been training like I should. Finished in 59:33, which translates to something around 9:33mm. It was my first official 10K, and I like finishing at 6.1 miles! It's more comfortable for me than 13.2.

I HATE running on ice, which we seem to have a lot of around these parts. I'm planning on signing on at the rec center so I have a place to run on icy days. (I also don't like running with YakTrax, unless I'm on full snow). I love snowy runs!

I'm planning on signing up for my 4th half marathon, which will be in March. This will help keep up my ambition to run, even with super cold temps. Is anyone else training for a race?
skutumpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #13  

Today I'm running a 5k race. Not too excited about it. Had to sign up super early to guarantee a t shirt... If I had waited, I wouldn't have signed up. After running my first 1/2 two weeks ago, I really love that distance. 5k races stress me out... I like to run as fast as I can competing against myself and others and its hard! There is no time to relax or "pace yourself" since its so short. I do have a gps watch now that I get to use for the first time on a race. We'll see how it influences my racing. Oh, this is a super super super small 5k race...

I am running the Mississippi Blues Half on January 11th so that is what I'm training for. I have to do a long run tomorrow... Probably 10 miles...
Old 12-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #14  

I went to On the Run and bought an IT band strap yesterday, and this morning I gingerly jogged for 30 minutes. I was pleased that I felt like I could have gone longer (legs and lungs were not complaining) after not exercising for over a month. I don't limp or hurt when running, just when walking.
And that foam roller really hurts! LOL
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #15  

Great to hear Tabbycat!

Turns out my 5k was untimed, no awards and although it was supposed to be a 5k... It ended up to be a 4K or only 2.65 miles. I've done another race put on by this race director and it was short too. And, there were no cones and the runners followed one car and the walkers another. I was hanging on for dear life to the "fast runners" which consisted of 5 men and 1 other women. If I slowed down, I would be lost... Anyways, it was fun

Yesterday I had a great long run... I did an 11.6 mile circle. 2/3rds of it was on roads I hadn't ran before. Very little traffic. Plenty of hills and I feel like I could have continued running. I think it will be my favorite "long run" I hadn't run this route before because its over a bridge has been out for 3 months and they finally opened it.