Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #1  
Food Wrangler

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'5''

Talking Focus T25! (Support would be lovely! c: )

I'm going to start Shaun T's Focus T25 tomorrow!
Has anyone else ever tried it? Does it work well for you?
I tried insanity for about a month, but now i want to try something new. I will be recording my progress here!
Thanks guys!
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

We have this set and my husband has done a few - they are EXTREMELY intense. Good luck!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #3  
Food Wrangler

Thanks CherryPie99 for the heads up! Im about to play the video right now! I will need all the luck I can get! haha
Old 12-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #4  
Food Wrangler

So I just finished my first Focus T25 workout!
It was VERY intense as CherryPie99 had mentioned.
My throat burns and my heart is pounding!
There is no time for rest or water breaks while working out for the whole 25 minutes, so if you do decide to give it a try, make sure that you are well hydrated!
It almost makes me miss Insanity.
But unlike Insanity, the moves aren't as repetitive and you feel like you are doing something new the whole time, I love it!
Well, now i'm going to go for a walk with my dog for a bit c: and hopefully I can stick with this program! Wish me luck!!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #5  
Food Wrangler

Default Speed 1.0

So I just did my next T25 workout~ (very late to be working out I know, 9PM)
and it was a doozy!
It focused on speed today, so a lot of jumping and foot shuffling/crossing.
I could barely keep up with them, but I did my best!
Its nice that Tanya the Machine is a modifier for this workout. Basically she does an easier method of the workouts on the side for people that cant go as intense as everyone else, so whenever i feel too tired i just do what she is doing. Its better than stopping and not doing anything!
phew though, I am exhausted hahaa.

If anyone else is doing the workout, I would LOVE to hear about your experiences too! c:
Old 12-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #6  
Hi!

Hi Kizzy. I just finished T25 Beta phase. I'm a weirdo and I've ordered Gamma. The workouts are hard, but I found that I enjoyed them - especially when I'm done in 25 minutes. I actually found I liked the Beta phase better for some reason. My least favorite was the Total Body Circuit, but I was quite pleased when I was done. I'm really glad there's a modifier, as I was probably modifying about 30% of the workout for the first or second time through each one.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy it.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I'm really thinking about starting this soon so if you don't mind I'm going to stalk this thread for a little bit. It sounds like it's quite tough. I have never done any of Shaun T's workouts but I really like the 25 minute aspect of this one. I'm hoping that I could eventually use it as a stepping stone to Insanity or P90X.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #8  

I believe the gamma phase uses a lot of weights. It's DH's fav.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #9  
Food Wrangler

@Mezmerelda: Oh gosh! I just did the Total Body Circuit and I LOATHED it! hahaha it was the worst! I can tell that it's going to be my greatest enemy during this phase haha. Im so loving that its just 25 minutes though, It really drains me but in a good way! Who would have known that so little time could do so much for you! Im sweating like a hog! (:
And thank you very much! Just after these 3 days I already feel different; better!

@Changegirl: Hello and welcome! Thanks for the stalk! ;D This workout is very tough because at times you will just want to stop and take a break, but you cant! This is totally a great stepping stone for insanity. I did insanity for a month and wow! It was crazy! The thing about Insanity though, is that the moved in the 30-1hr minutes you're working out are very repetitive. So you will so five workouts three time, then another three or four three times, and its just like augghhh get it over with already! Sure, T25 has some repetitive stuff, but its so fast paced you will not get bored, its hardly noticeable, and I like it way better!
Good luck and I hope to hear about your experience with it soon! ;P

@CherryPie99: Oh man does it really? Gosh, I guess Im gunna have to go buy some weights in the near future! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #10  
Food Wrangler

Had a bit of a late start again today on T25 (it is now 9pm) so I hope my bloodsugars dont drop again tonight and force me to eat in the middle of the night haha but im feeling great! Worked out the whole body today in 25 minutes, lots of plank workouts and lunges PHEW!
Tomorrow is Ab Intervals and boy, that sounds MUCH more pleasing to me.
I work from 1-7pm tomorrow, so I REALLY hope by the time I get home I wont be too lazy and tired to workout. I need to really push myself!

Thank the Heavens though, every Saturday is a REST day, and Sundays are STRETCHING days. That's great when you have friends over for the weekend and dont have to jump around while they are there haha.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #11  
Hi!

I've done Insanity, P90X, P90X2, Turbo Fire, etc. Insanity was my least favorite. Some people think that T25 is the hardest of all the workouts bb produces, but I'm not sure I agree. It is intense, but it's quick. P90X and X2 are both great, but you'll be looking at exercising for an hour or more a day. I have the time, I guess, but I'd prefer to be outside walking a dog or something for the extra time above the 25 minutes. There's a P90X3 workout coming out very soon that has 30 minute workouts. I'm not sure if I'll go down that path or not.
mezmerelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think P90x is long because Tony Horton can't shut up. I'm not sure if X2 is better. I am interested in T25 but I'm doing Jillian's body revolution right now. Maybe after I'm done with the 12 weeks, I'll look at T25.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #13  

That's funny - I LOVE Tony Horton!! I do his DVD's all the time. Shaun T I can't STAND!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh I actually like Tony Horton but when I was doing P90X I kept wishing he'd stop talking and just continue with the workout.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #15  
Food Wrangler

@Mezmerelda: Yes I agree, the shortness of it, as intense as it is, makes it seem way easier than insanity I agree, which is why i think its great as a stepping stone for anyone that might want to go ahead with insanity (: I think if you can do the workout non-stop for 25 mins. a day, then a 45 minute workout with insanity with multiple 10-30 second rest/water breaks will be even easier than just starting it right off the bat (:
I've tried P90X in the past and I just could not get a grip on it, it was way too tough for me hahaha (I was also just in high school and having kidney problems, which is the only reason I even tried it) But maybe I should look into getting back into it sometime if T25 doesn't show any results (:

@Nelie: Oh! How is that JM working out for you? I've never tried any of her workouts, but I've heard hers were very very good (: And if you do decide to do T25, I would love to hear your experience with it!
Hahahah that's hilarious. When I watch TH's commercials, I always thought he looked like a tool that liked to stand in the mirror and just talk to himself all day haha :P

@CherryPie99: Hahahaha why the hate for my man Shaun T? :P hehehee