Old 12-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default MRC December 2013

Hi everyone,

Starting a new December thread. Let's help each other get through the holidays and get 2014 off to a good start!

Maybe it will help if each of us picks one thing we are really going to concentrate on doing well this month? It could be exercise, avoiding a particular food, drinking all your water...

I have to decide what my thing will be. Tomorrow we drive back home, so will have lots of time to think about it
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #2  

Wishing everyone a great month..

I ate at friend's for Thanksgiving.. I am on maintenance and I had glass of wine and I ate LOTS of white meat turkey, no gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans and
lots of salad..There was a dish of roasted veggies and I had plenty of that. I had a small piece of apple pie, no icecream that was offered and coffee.

So I will see Tuesday how I made out. I enjoyed myself and did not feel left out because I did not eat a piece of all the desserts, stuffing, etc.. I really was full and happy. This is the new me since starting MRC.

Friday I went back and was eating healthy to my standards.

Hope y'all are having a great holiday weekend.

Marleney I am going to concentrate on not eating after 9:00PM.. Does not work for me when I do. I am good if I have a cocoa at night, but anything else, seems to stay with me weight wise in morning, so that is my goal.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #3  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Hi everyone,

Starting a new December thread. Let's help each other get through the holidays and get 2014 off to a good start!

Maybe it will help if each of us picks one thing we are really going to concentrate on doing well this month? It could be exercise, avoiding a particular food, drinking all your water...

I have to decide what my thing will be. Tomorrow we drive back home, so will have lots of time to think about it
My goal is just to stick to plan, including drinking enough water. I know this is two things but they go together. I weigh in in the morning, I am really hoping that I did not gain any after my Thanksgiving day indiscretions.
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #4  

Good job Patzi! It's all about getting to the point (in maintenance) where we can enjoy food but not overdo it, I think. Sounds as if you did just that. Like your one thing plan for the month.

Aschooley, if you do those 2 things, you should have a good month. No mater tomorrow's result, remember it is just a step on the journey.

My one thing for the month is that I will exercise every day (except tonight as we just got home). Either walk our long walk around the neighborhood or do at least one 20 minute session on our hybrid trainer.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235.5/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Water is not an issue for me. I average 112 ounces a day.

What will be my problem this month is the home-made Christmas goodies that everyone brings in. And... the ones that I will make and take to my parents house. (they no longer do any baking) So, my goal is to stay away from all of the goodies!!!

BTW, with weigh-in last week, I lost 5 lbs!!! This takes me to a total of 50 lbs. 35 more lbs til I reach goal!
Lady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #6  
5 kids and fat

Well I weighed in. I am not happy to post that I have gained 2 pounds

How can one screw up cause such bad results

I now have 12 pounds to lose to reach my Christmas goal of 30 pounds.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #7  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady67 View Post
Water is not an issue for me. I average 112 ounces a day.

What will be my problem this month is the home-made Christmas goodies that everyone brings in. And... the ones that I will make and take to my parents house. (they no longer do any baking) So, my goal is to stay away from all of the goodies!!!

BTW, with weigh-in last week, I lost 5 lbs!!! This takes me to a total of 50 lbs. 35 more lbs til I reach goal!
Way to go on the 50 pounds!!! That is awesome!!
Old 12-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/242/145

Height: 5'5"

I did this program twice in the past, but always ended up quitting because ultimately I couldn't stay on program. I got to the point where I was choking down food and trying not to gag I was so sick of it. However, it's the only thing that's worked for me to lose weight, so I thought I would try again. I found out about the Menus Made Easy program which they didn't have last time. Hopefully, that one will be easier for me to stick with. I turn 30 in 6 weeks so I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds if not more before then. I really don't want to struggle with my weight for the next decade of my life like I have for the past decade.
Sophie1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #9  
5 kids and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie1210 View Post
I did this program twice in the past, but always ended up quitting because ultimately I couldn't stay on program. I got to the point where I was choking down food and trying not to gag I was so sick of it. However, it's the only thing that's worked for me to lose weight, so I thought I would try again. I found out about the Menus Made Easy program which they didn't have last time. Hopefully, that one will be easier for me to stick with. I turn 30 in 6 weeks so I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds if not more before then. I really don't want to struggle with my weight for the next decade of my life like I have for the past decade.
Welcome to the group!! You can definitely lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks!!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #10  

Aschooley, it happens... Just go forward from here. I know you can do this.

Lady, WTG on hitting 50 lbs gone! That is great! You have picked a good thing to concentrate on this month, that will be hard.

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical tonight. It was nice enough out that we could have walked, but husband had some work to do. Tough day eating-wise. At work, I had to move into another office, we were moving several of us around. So, we ordered in pizza. This is only the second time I've had pizza since starting MRC in July 2012. Had thin crust, one was Meditranian, with spinach, feta, black olives, and tomatoes. The other had chicken, spinach and tomatoes. I had 2 small pieces and salad. Problem was, not enough protein, so I was hungry not long after. Had an orange. Then a pink lemonade shake. My husband called & said we could meet for dinner, but it was going to be after 6:30. I decided to have a 3rd piece of the pizza, again, it wasn't a normal size slice, really a half slice. Still hungry when it was finally time for dinner, had a beef fajita salad, and flour tortillas. Then I wasn't feeling too well... Think I overdid the carbs. Tomorrow will be much better.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie1210 View Post
Sophie,
Welcome! Check out the recipes sticky for some ideas too. I think you could lose the 10 as well in the 6 weeks.

I'm turning 49 in February, and struggled with weight since I was in college. Up & down, more times than I could tell you(and mostly up). Did Weight Watchers at least 4 times... I started MRC in July 2012, and know that I can live on this program. The food choices are things that I would normally choose, except the carbs. Since I've reduced the carbs, I feel so much better! Today I had a high carb day, and know that the reason I didn't feel well this evening was it was too much! Anyway, starting at 30 would be so much better, the key is keeping up with it.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #12  

I had maintenance weigh in today and I maintained, 5 pounds under goal. I am being very careful now as I have two Christmas parties coming up and there is Xmas.. So I am happy where I am.

Congrats to all those that lost weight, and welcome back Sophie.. You are right this program works if one works with it.. It is a great programs .

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in today and I maintained, 5 pounds under goal. I am being very careful now as I have two Christmas parties coming up and there is Xmas.. So I am happy where I am.

Patzi
WTG Patzi!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204.4/191.4/151

Height: 5'6

Last week only down .6 they immediately started me on green menu....i wasn't getting enough food.....Now i need to work on water...terrible at it....i weigh in today and according to scale at home down 2-3....We will see
jmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 379/365/250

Height: 6'4

Hello everyone,
Just started on Saturday and am really excited! I'm going to be focusing on following the plan and trying to get everything under control. I've been trying to get the whole supplement, HSN thing under control. I've seen some of the other threads, but some of the stuff posted I can no longer find available online. I'm having to take 4 HNS's a day and it's getting so EXPENSIVE!
R2BH is offline   Reply With Quote