South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Merry Monday SBD Chat for 12/2

Merry Monday, Chicklets!

I hope everyone is recovered from the holiday weekend and are ready to hop back on the wagon again. I sure know I am!

It was a wonderful holiday vacation and the time flew by much too quickly. Ruth called me around 4 yesterday to say she just arrived at her hotel in Cortland, NY, and was planning an early start on the last leg of her journey home this morning.

It's back to work for me today, but I'm eagerly looking forward to this coming weekend when my SILs and I are spending 4 glorious days in Cape May for some fun and Christmas shopping.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Monday Beach Chat 12/2

Good morning you chicks made me misty eyed and it's not even 8! Thank you for thinking of me yesterday. I feel absolutely awful for the people who were injured and killed yesterday. My hear goes out to the first responders whom I sure were in over their heads. Friends from college and family (some whom I have not heard from in quite sometime) contacted me yesterday. Really makes a girl feel loved

Hope Ruth and Tammy make it home safely.

Linda I love your new profile pic. Did you make that? It is gorgeous!!!

My goal for the month is to maintain. It is a realistic goal since I will be traveling and indulging a little this month.

How is your Monday shaping up? Stop by I have coffee or tea for everyone
Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Merge me Linda lol. Guess we were posting simultaneously. Glad Ruth checked in with you. Cape May sounds fabulous. I have not been since I was a little girl. I remember seeing hundreds of horseshoe crabs on sand bars during low tide.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Cottage, can I be a SIL for a day or two? Sounds like a great trip. Glad you and Ruth had a fantastic visit!

Jekel, good morning! I haven't read your other thread yet, but I hope you are doing well and had a great turkey day.

We had a decent trip. My MIL has Alzheimer's, and she wasn't doing bad until the last night, I think because she was so tired. Papa certainly doesn't like her talking about guns in her ramblings though .

The scale was B.A.D. this morning, I am hoping in part due to all the salty foods from yesterday. I am trying to be kind to myself and just eat healthier. I do want to see if decreasing gluten (I do love my WW english muffins!) help my joints though - it seems when I dropped grains for a few weeks, that my one knee didn't hurt. Huh. Anyways, I am hoping to do some cooking this afternoon while the kiddos goof off (last day of break).

Tomorrow I bring Gordon to the cardiologist for his echo and have to take off early. He is purring quite happily behind my head right now, I think he missed me.

(and Holy guacamole, it's DECEMBER!!??? how did that happen? It's my mom's bday, I'd better call.....)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick before I grab a shake or something and leave to pick up my furries. Had a wonderful time with my little "sister" Linda and managed to work in a ton of shopping. I am not really a "shopper" but must have a latent gene! I had to hold myself back from shopping in the duty free one the way home.

Linda had her indoor tree up and other gorgeous Christmas things in her house plus a magnificent tree of lights on the side of her house so now I am all geared up to do my own decorating - and some gift shopping - and baking - and wrapping - and generally fa-la-la-ing!

Happy December to us all!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

I was very happy to see Jekel posting on here, I was thinking of her when I heard the news yesterday.

Cottage and Ruth sounds like you both had a wonderful time of it. Did you post a picture? I will have to go back and look at threads

Tywnn good luck with the test today

We had a quiet Thanksgiving and then the next day I went back to eating op and have been since. I think all of my christmas shopping is complete, went a little bit overboard with the kids but other than my parents and one niece and nephew I didn't have anyone else to buy for this year.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

O I love it here - every time I get back on, it feels like a jump start.

OK - so I have not weighed in yet from the last week - Thanksgiving and 2 wedding receptions - I hit the scale Wednesday we see what I have done. Planning for a week or even 2 of phase 1 to re-detox. Today started well, and I sent away all the desserts, potatoes and stuffing, so there is no leftover temptation.

I read that the average American adult gains 7 lbs between Halloween and New Years - so I plan to shoot for the under on that one. It would be nice to start 2014 without an extra 7 lbs!

Good to hear that those of you who travelled are home safe. Everyone be well -
Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday and Merry December everyone... Hope everyone who celebrates had a fantastic holiday weekend!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/166/135

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday!!

Well today was a little bit more of a laid back day - I didn't go to the gym but the dog and I did do a 2k walk this afternoon. I also cleaned the house and did some grocery shopping....I got all the ingredients to try the South Beach muffins tomorrow morning so I am looking forward to that!! And tonight for dinner it is Meatza Pizza - I have soooo missed pizza!!!

Well week one is behind me - on to week two!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies!
Just stopping by to catch up on the news and say the scale and I were actually friends this morning- I really didn't gain anything last week. I will try to be mostly OP until the Christmas indulgences. If bea is correct and the average weight gain is 7 pounds, someone else is going to have to gain 14 to make up for me NOT gaining!

Ruth and Tammy, glad you made it back safely.

Had a good day back at work and managed to get my workout done this afternoon. Had Mexican Casserole in the freezer for dinner- tasty and yummy!

Going to make a cup of decaf with SF syrup. Anyone else want one?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

well I made it before bed time All the days away have left me with quite a work load and I'm trying to catch-up while still planning to use my required vacation days before the holiday time off. I know, doesn't sound like much of a problem but it actually is. I really want to keep good boundaries on days off but that means I have more to do on work days. Could be worse, I guess
Closed Thread