Old 11-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Default 200's and counting down...

So I didn't see a thread for those of us in the 200/'s and thought I'd start one. I need some help staying motivated and people to talk to who are going through the same thing I am. I am coming back to the forum after too long of a break.

A little background on me... I'm 31 and my job is mostly sedentary. I'm a secretary at a hospital. I live with my boyfriend of a year and a half. I was doing great working out with a personal trainer twice a week calorie counting and then.... BAM... back to my bad habits. Started with my vacation to Mexico in August... then went to visit my brother in Virginia in September.. then came home and ended up doing physical therapy because my neck and back are kind of a mess....

I am recommitted and motivated. My boyfriend and I have been ring shopping, and I really want to look great when we do get engaged and have our pictures done and for when we get married. I also really just want to be HEALTHY!

Let's DO this!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #2  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Congratulations on the engagement exciting times! My significant other and I have been looking at rings as well so I can understand ur excitement. !! I too am looking for support to vet out of these 290s I'm on the other side of the scale but I just wanted to say congrats!! Wish u all the best!
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/280/200

Height: 5'10

Hi, for a while I have been struggling with weight issues and can't seem to stay motivated so I know the feeling. Im looking for motivation as we speak to continue my journey. Good luck with your progression.

Nae1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I've been kicking around in the 280's for what seems like forever. Each week I get close to breaking it, even hitting 280, but then I find myself making choices and choosing not to realize what impact it will have on my weigh-in, and bam, there I am. My decisions around food are definitely affecting my weight loss.

I've recently gotten back into tracking my calories, and I leave my food diary open to the public to help keep me accountable, but unfortunately don't have many people to look at it, so it feels like there isn't much of a risk. I've also been working with my FitBit, wearing it every day, so that I can identify where I'm doing well, and where I can stand for improvement.

Any other FitBit'rs out there?

Skinnygirldreams: Welcome back! Re-starting late is always better than never .

skinnyki: I'm also on the opposite side of the scale, and looking to break the 280's. I've been there for months! I know what I have to do... Now to actually do it (i.e. baked sweets is a real trigger for me). I'm excited to have common goals!

Nae1985: I would second that, all the support we can get is much appreciated .

Last edited by MandeLea; 11-19-2013 at 08:43 PM.
MandeLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #5  

Hey Ladies!
Thanks for commenting!
Skinnyki- looking at rings is fuuuuuun! lol Sean actually bought mine... now it is just the waiting game of when he will ask. We are kind of waiting for my brother to ask his gf of 5 years too cuz he bought the ring last week. It's taking him so long to make that step that we don't want to do anything to make him step back from asking her. We have been talking about getting married next winter. (bonus is that will give me plenty of time to drop some lbs!)

Nae1985- We can motivate each other! We got this.

MandeLea- I just started my calorie counter back up. Today is day 1. I use myfitnesspal. I'm going to start back with my personal trainer I'm thinking next week. It's too late to schedule for this week. She's pretty booked cuz of the holiday.
My plan is this week to just watch my intake. I'm at work today so I'm going to hit the salad bar for lunch. Dinner tonight is chicken, broccoli, and brown rice.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #6  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Over 200 and obese. Need some support and encouragement.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #7  

Noshoes: I think a lot of us can relate. Keep you head up and feet going! We can do what ever we put our mind to! What kind of plan are you implementing to help you on your journey? I'm a calorie counter myself. I also am starting the T25 videos, and doing a 30 squat/push up challenge
Old 01-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #8  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Thank you!
I am walking most days, c25k at least once a week, strength training some days (squats and push ups and planks mostly). Diet is a big element, I am eating more fruit, green smoothies and less processed food.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 259/244/160

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone

I had a starting weight of 259, and managed to get down to 218 before getting pregnant. I had my son 18 months ago and am just now getting back into the swing of healthy diet and exercise :/.

Currently I am 249. I'd like to pick up where I left off before having a baby and start getting fit again!
spunkystar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #10  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello there i am back(if anyone remembers me) trying to gwet the motivation to restart the diet. i have a hard time at work due to lack of time( at home to cook and at work to stop and eat right) to eat like i should. cause i dont have time i grab some bread and eat it like in 2 second and go back to work. help. hihi good luck to all that are doing the diet. trying to start.
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #11  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Congrats on the engagement! I was wondering the same thing -- where IS the 200s thread? Insane.

Anyhow, I'm on the same boat weight-wise. I started last week at 209, I'm down to 204-ish and I want to say buh-bye to the 200s. Ugh. I hate them with a passion. But patience and hard work will get me there. Patience, mostly. I'm not very patient with this kind of thing.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #12  

Hey Ladies!
So, I have tried to behave this last week. I dont think I've been doing too horrible. lol I dropped 3 lbs since the last time I weighed in. ( not too much considering it was a about 3 1/2 weeks since I weighed last, buuuuut it's a lower number so I'll take it! lol) 209 now.
Tried to be smart today...
Oatmeal for breakfast
packed a lunch for work: mason jar salad with greek yogurt blue cheese dressing (lower cal and delicious!) and a cup of Turkey chili.
For snacks I packed a yogurt and a cottage cheese so what ever I'm feeling like eating I'll pick.
Dinner tonight is going to be Salmon, Brown Rice, and a cucumber salad.

Spunky- Congrats on the baby! Lets kick the 200's butt!

Irina- Welcome Back We can do this!

Paulie- Thank you You wont be here for long! You'll be in the 190's before you know it!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #13  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I didn't struggle much last week because I'm not a football fan and neither is my husband, so we didn't have any tempting Superbowl food around the house, hehe! It was awesome.

Funny that you mention I won't be here for long! Yesterday was my weight in and I weight 200. Then I took a shower and got ready to take my weekly picture and double checked my weight, and it was 199.4! Then I wanted to make sure (I know, crazy, I should have ran with that weight LOL), and it was 199.6. Upset that it was not always the same number, I checked a gazillion other times and it was always 200. Either my scale is running out of batteries or... who knows. So hopefully next week I will be out of the 200 club and back to Onederland.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #14  

Thats awesome Paulitens! Bummer you wont ve around this group anymore (for me) lol But fantastic for you!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #15  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone. Im also in the 200's. Sucks! But we are doing something about it! Last week I weighed in 219.4 getting me out of the 220's. I was very happy but I'm nervous I will have a gain this week as I haven't had one in about 6 weeks! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote